World Cup: SF: France vs. Belgium, 7/10/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I think France will prove be more clinical than Brazil were if Belgium invites them to attack as was the case in the quarterfinal.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'll choose France to win this, but I won't mind seeing either team win it as I like players on both. It's a shame that this isn't the final, as I think whomever wins this one will take the World Cup.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I think France will prove be more clinical than Brazil were if Belgium invites them to attack as was the case in the quarterfinal.

Belgium didn’t invite much before 2-0.

France are not capable of putting as much pressure on Belgium as Brazil did, but I don’t think they will give away that many opportunities to counter attack as Brazil got - so I doubt it will end up with 2-0 Belgium early on.

Still waiting for France to play good football. If Belgium play like they did against Brazil and France don’t improve - then Belgium will go through. I expect France to move up a gear though. Still think France are the best team in the tournament so think they will win, but I also think it will be more even than it should be (France are not well coached in my opinion - funnily enough Belgium were in their last match).

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I do agree that the early lead for Belgium was the biggest contributing factor for the factor with the most of the traffic headed toward their goal for large portions of the game.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
France should take this, even comfortably, but for Belgium it's the biggest game in their football history and maybe they'll play like that.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I'll choose France to win this, but I won't mind seeing either team win it as I like players on both. It's a shame that this isn't the final, as I think whomever wins this one will take the World Cup.

My thoughts exactly, this should have been the final (in my recent FM games it usually has been, with France winning most of the time).

I think France still has another gear left in them and we haven't seen their best yet. Hopefully they'll elevate their level even higher and Belgium give them a run for their money. Hoping for an equally thrilling game as between Belgium and Japan, but at even higher level.

This has all the potential to be the best and the most memorable game of the tournament.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Every team left has had some good fortune at some point in this tournament but Belgium has had divine intervention that has led to two crucial goals in both of their knockout stages matches. Are they some kind of team of destiny I wonder?

Zegras Zebra

May 7, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I picked France to win the World Cup before the tournament started, and I'm going to stick with them even if they haven't played great up to this point of the tournament. Belgium has played better, and usually I would cheer for them to win, but I hate everyone on the squad with a passion except for Lukaku. It has the potential to be an instant classic, and either team should be heavily favored against the winner of England/ Croatia.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's best to take each game separately... I think looking at these past games and it the tournament as a whole for a NT and making a prediction is foolish. France gave up 3 goals to a broken Argentina team but yet they're still the favourites to win it all. I had them at the start of the tournament in the final and it's looking like a good pick but this Belgium team has something about them that makes me want to say they'll win it all. I should take my advice however. Either way this game should be a crack. And to be a total hypocrite this might just be the final.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Rooting for France but Belgium have the best attack in this tournament so this is a toss-up for me. Hope both sides play well 'cause there's so much quality here.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Battle of the Titans. DeBruyne is a sneaky top 10 player in the world, IMO, and has the potential to take this event over. Depends on whether Martinez plays him up the field where he is effective, or keeps him back, as he did earlier in the WC. Hazard overrated.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Battle of the Titans. DeBruyne is a sneaky top 10 player in the world, IMO, and has the potential to take this event over. Depends on whether Martinez plays him up the field where he is effective, or keeps him back, as he did earlier in the WC. Hazard overrated.
Huh? Hazard has been their best player in the WC by far.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Battle of the Titans. DeBruyne is a sneaky top 10 player in the world, IMO, and has the potential to take this event over. .

He had banger of a game against Brazil, but I would say he was pretty weak in the group stage. Looks like his form is trending up at the moment, will still be interesting to see which KDB shows up

tobo

Jun 28, 2011
Unfortunately Meunier is suspended for this game, because that means we'll probably see the return of Carrasco in the starting 11.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
The French will find a way. A Croatia/ Belgium final would be great, but I think France will win this.

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Kylian Mbappe’s career is just getting started but he’s been really good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad