Euro: SF: England v Denmark, 7/7/2021 (Part 2)

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
People would complain about any team cheating their way to the final.
But :
1/ England, and especially english papers, fans and pundits whine all day about other nations diving/cheating, etc...
2/ Sterling is a common offender
3/ Kane dove all game and has dove throughout the tournament like crazy (usual standards though).
Amen, english fans are the most hypocrites of all. They claim they like tough, physical football and hate divers. You always hear them say bullshit like: "in the days this was not even a foul" or "this or that player is too weak for the EPL". It's all bullshit, they fully embrace diving or fakers when it's in their favour.

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Cheers!

Its a political comment about the consequences for UK after Brexit.

I figured, but that doesn't make it any less spiteful. I've seen a lot of spiteful anti-UK articles over the last couple of years in European newspapers about Brexit. To write it like that in the context of the Euro is just being a bad loser.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I figured, but that doesn't make it any less spiteful. I've seen a lot of spiteful anti-UK articles over the last couple of years in European newspapers about Brexit. To write it like that in the context of the Euro is just being a bad loser.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion. For what its worth, the articles are not anti UK. They decribe whats it looks like from the outside.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
The funny thing is that it's quite obvious that the 2nd ball was totally irrelevant to the situation because none of the Danes even made a point of it. The defenders were far too focused on Sterling to even notice the 2nd ball. If they had stopped playing right there and pointed at the 2nd ball, the ref would have had no choice but to whistle the play dead. Of course, the ref should have noticed either way, but that's on the ref not England.

But you're misunderstanding me. I'm not defending the referee or VAR here. Trust me, my heart sank when I saw it happen during the game yesterday. In fact, I stopped posting here because I soon thereafter switched off the match in disgust. My whole argument here is that I don't blame the English for taking it and for being happy they made the Final. It's no reason to say "that's why no-one likes the English" or other embittered, resentful stuff.
No i mean amongs ohter thing, that the wrong penalty 90 for Germany and England now, we can t compare that. Because we ve now the technology of VAR. This wasn t exsist 1990.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
E5yj2J-XEAIRCMY.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad