Speculation: Setting the Expectations for the New Additions

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Any predictions for Tanner Pearson?

Looking for a solid year from Pearson. 20-20 sounds about right.

His health issues last season really played into our hands. Allowed us to get him for pennies on the dollar. That trade is going to look like theft if he regains his durable form.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'm an optimist, but I think you're going a little crazy here. You're basically predicting Miller puts up Pettersson numbers this year?

I predict:

Miller- 52-58 points
Ferland - 42-48
Myers - 32-40
Benn - 18-23

I'm thinking Miller has a career year running with Elias. He did put up 56 points on the Rangers before so it's not too crazy to think he can hit 60 plus with Petey.

Wow! Those are big projected numbers for Miller and Ferland. Would probably mean 30 goals from Miller; and 20-25 for Ferland. Would be a huge 'difference maker' for this team if it ever happened.

Miller like I stated above has already hit 56 so 60 plus is not crazy. Ferland I believe is gonna be given every opportunity to run with Petey to give him some room on the ice. 50 plus is not crazy but ya im being optimistic with him.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
EP is sick af and I’m a massive fan but the nhl is changing exponentially year by year. Kessler type players are getting better and better and EP is going to be checked like crazy. The casual fan is going to take an upper cut to the chin in terms of expectations with EP.

Yup. We already saw some of that last year, EP's points per game decreased every single quarter, and his 4th quarter scoring was literally half of his 1st (1.29/1.00/0.94/0.60).

Some of that is likely the length of the season and not being used to the grind (which he should be able to adjust to), but some is undoubtedly the increased attention and better defenders being dedicated to stopping him.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm thinking Miller has a career year running with Elias. He did put up 56 points on the Rangers before so it's not too crazy to think he can hit 60 plus with Petey.

Miller like I stated above has already hit 56 so 60 plus is not crazy. Ferland I believe is gonna be given every opportunity to run with Petey to give him some room on the ice. 50 plus is not crazy but ya im being optimistic with him.
How can both score 50pts minimum with Petterson?

Is boeser demoted or 4F 1D at ES?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
EP is sick af and I’m a massive fan but the nhl is changing exponentially year by year. Kessler type players are getting better and better and EP is going to be checked like crazy. The casual fan is going to take an upper cut to the chin in terms of expectations with EP.

Most teams in the west got better, and we are in that odd spot of being an ok team with stars that garner heavy checking.

Until we have a competent GM, heed to my warning and lower your expectations. If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but really think about it...
it will be interesting to see if the addition of Ferland gives EP a bit more time and space..Ferland will certainly benefit from banging in some of those second opportunities around the net.

Presumably, Ferland will most likely be the policeman on that line...Any funny stuff on EP,and you get to dance with Ferland (he had 6 fights last year..and apparently won them all).

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
If EP is getting checked like crazy and not able to get shots off, it's up to his wingers to get open. Green could try Horvat-EP-Boeser when trailing in games now that we have Miller as an option at center.

Edit: And if the entire line is getting checked into the ice no matter who EP's wingers are, move Boeser and Horvat to the 2nd line with Miller.

Last edited:

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Expecting 20 goals 45+ points from Miller. Expecting 30+ points from Tyler Myers.

Hoping for 20-20 from Ferland, but that'll depend on health too. Also hoping for the same from Pearson, but we'll see.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
ferland-15-20 goals=35 pts
miller=60 pts if he plays alongside petterson or horvat.
horvat=30 goals
pearson=40 could be possible.
petterson=100 pts or more.
myers=50 pts 3/4 of them on the powerplay

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
it will be interesting to see if the addition of Ferland gives EP a bit more time and space..Ferland will certainly benefit from banging in some of those second opportunities around the net.

Presumably, Ferland will most likely be the policeman on that line...Any funny stuff on EP,and you get to dance with Ferland (he had 6 fights last year..and apparently won them all).

Do you even watch hockey ?

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Here are some legit expectations

Ferland - 50 points
Jt. Miller - 55 points (playing with Horvat in a top 6 role all year, he should produce)
Myers - 37 points (looking for a bounce back year in a new system playing with Edler / Hughes)
Benn - 18 points (limited to no PP time, lots of ES points).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I was wondering if Ferland might have something of 'a chip on shoulder' when he plays against the Flames? Or has his year in Carolina eased the pain and disappointment of being traded out of Calgary?

I'd like to see a forechecker wreaking havoc in the Flames zone for a change.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Ferland and EP.
Ferland and 50 pts.
Ferland the fighter.

Lmao.

Wasn't the word that Travis Green wanted to start the season with Ferland and EP?
Ferland scored at a 46 point pace last season
Ferland led the NHL in fighting majors last season

Am I missing something?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Wasn't the word that Travis Green wanted to start the season with Ferland and EP?
Ferland scored at a 46 point pace last season
Ferland led the NHL in fighting majors last season

Am I missing something?
You're very clearly missing so much

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Miller

if he plays on Petey wing for most of the year and first pp unit, I can see him getting 60 points. Horvat wing with 1st pp unit, I can see him getting 50 points.

If Sutter, Gaudette both struggle with the third line center spot. Then Green might not have a choice to use Miller there. Then most likely no more than in the 40 point range.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011

His health issues last season really played into our hands. Allowed us to get him for pennies on the dollar. That trade is going to look like theft if he regains his durable form.

Unless I'm missing something he's been healthy for 4 seasons now I don't think that was apart of it

Reactions: racerjoe

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Unless I'm missing something he's been healthy for 4 seasons now I don't think that was apart of it

Pearson stated that he was playing through injury this season. With that said, he hasn't been good with the Kings since the second half of 2017-2018. It did coincide with Pearson becoming engaged, getting married and his wife getting pregnant so maybe that had something to do with it? Hopefully Pearson comes into this season motivated.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

The trade was a W regardless of how Pearson plays. Gudbranson was a net negative player who they could never bench for optics reasons. At worst, Pearson goes on to be ANOTHER overpaid replacement level player (better than a net negative), and he can actually be benched because the optics won't be bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad