Seth Jones

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think they need to just stick with Murray-Jones as a pairing. Stop switching them around, moving Jones to the left side, etc.

Unless one of them gets injured, just keep them together. You can mix and match Johnson, Savard, Tyutin, Prout, Kukan, Goloubef, Werenski, etc. for the bottom-4.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I would love to keep Murray, but if there is a need to upgrade the roster, he is a likely candidate to be traded.

There is a need to upgrade the roster -- we need more heady D like Murray.

I think they need to just stick with Murray-Jones as a pairing. Stop switching them around, moving Jones to the left side, etc.

Unless one of them gets injured, just keep them together. You can mix and match Johnson, Savard, Tyutin, Prout, Kukan, Goloubef, Werenski, etc. for the bottom-4.

I agree. When Torts started running the D blender down the stretch it all went to crap.

Murray-Jones have shown very good signs together. Getting them to play consistently well together will take a lot of work, but the only way to get to that point is to have patience and play them. None of this line-o-matic baloney.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
There is a need to upgrade the roster -- we need more heady D like Murray.

I agree. When Torts started running the D blender down the stretch it all went to crap.

Murray-Jones have shown very good signs together. Getting them to play consistently well together will take a lot of work, but the only way to get to that point is to have patience and play them. None of this line-o-matic baloney.

I think (hope) that some of that had to do with JJ being injured. Hopefully normality returns at the start of the season and we see Jones-Murray as the hockey gods intended.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think (hope) that some of that had to do with JJ being injured. Hopefully normality returns at the start of the season and we see Jones-Murray as the hockey gods intended.

Right. My point was that, unless Murray or Jones themselves are injured, they should be kept together. Even if someone lower in the lineup gets hurt.

Mix and match JJ, Savard, Goloubef, Tyutin, Prout, Werenski, Kukan, etc.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Ouch!

5. A flexible money situation

hooray for the columbus blue jackets, who have told fans this week that they will indeed have the cash on hand to re-sign one of the very few good young players on their roster.

Imagine what it must be like to be a fan of a freakin' budget team that just missed the postseason (again) and has so much money committed to (bad) veterans that you have to legitimately come out and reassure people, “yeah, that stud 21-year-old defenseman we just traded a borderline franchise center for? We're pretty sure we'll be able to sign him.”

david savard is pulling $4.25 million starting next year. Fedor tyutin at $4.5 million. Brandon dubinsky at $5.85 million. Nick foligno at $5.5 million. Scott hartnell at $4.75 million. David clarkson at $5.25 million. Why? Who has any idea?

But boy would it ever be funny if for some dumbassed reason the blue jackets couldn't afford to meet jones's price (and i mean, if tyutin's pulling $4.5 million, what on earth is jones worth? An even billion?), and they have to dougie hamilton him out of town.

Not for columbus, of course. But for the rest of us it would be pretty damn funny.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...n-tappen--puck-daddy-countdown-211824649.html

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
but the Jackets have only themselves to blame for this stuff being written.

So true, but the only thing that will stop this incessant BS is WINNING. I hope that someday the Jackets win the Cup and whoever the Captain is just stands there with a double barrel salute before Bettman hands him the Cup. The Bad News Bears crap is beyond old at this point.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yea. He excels at that crap. I really didn't like his statement about Jones being one of the "few" good young roster players, but the Jackets have only themselves to blame for this stuff being written.

Bingo

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Trade looks better every day ever since I accidentally looked at my phone and before opening up the site to refresh the trade section said show me ryjo for jones and I saw it and was confused so had to refresh to make sure it was confirmed and not an oops fan proposal haha. Finished 4th in Norris which imo was bologna Subban did not play better defense then seth Jones I promise that.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Did you have to bump this thread? I don't like reminders of just how depressed I was in 2016. ;)
I was going back reading the first page and had some chuckles.

Seems like a nice 3/4 dman. Hopefully in a couple years when CBJ is contending he and Murray will make a great top pair...in a couple years.
Well Murray didn't get there, but Jonesy sure as hell has.
He better be worth it.
I think it's fair to say he's worth it.
So I just realized...

If Werenski and Jones live up to their potential we likely have Team USA's top pairing for the olympics. Maybe not the next winter olympics but possibly the one after.

Assuming everyone hits upside, you might be right. I'd bet that Hanifin-Faulk will still take that job.
Well... They didn't get to play in the Olympics... hopefully someday.
If he gets the green light from Torts to play agressively like this, I have a feeling we're going to be see Wennberg and Saad next to Jones' name on the scoresheet quite often.

Heh, called Jonesy being a rover before he even played a game here.

Jones has scored 1 friking assist in his last 25 games despite the fact that he gets a lot of PP time and more offensive starts than any other Nashville d-man. Basically the Jackets traded their 1st line center for a guy with potential who played on the Predators 3rd pair. One for one. This franchise is going nowhere.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Good hockey trade

Yeah for the CBJ.

Seth Jones is a "superstar", on the ice, there I said it. Its what EA Sports would call him. Lets argue semantics.

And how bout a new game (other than the Murray games played game)- when does Seth Jones win his 1st Norris Trophy?

I'll guess, the 19/20 season.

CBJSTH thanks again bud (in advance) for keepin' track.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad