Seth Jones

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
One was bound to get made eventually, so I might as well start one now.

Columbus, get to know Seth Jones

(is there not a player discussion prefix? I could have sworn there was..)

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This is an interesting trade - they badly needed a horse like this in the stable.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Seems like a nice 3/4 dman. Hopefully in a couple years when CBJ is contending he and Murray will make a great top pair...in a couple years.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Anyone else in Carolina Friday night, I'll be in section 105 on the isle with my Dubi Jersey on...stop by and say Hi

I am 100 times more excited to see Jones play than I would have been to see Johansen float

I think the whole team is going to get a lift not having to carry the dead weight any more

that's my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!

LoveCBJ

Jan 17, 2009
South Carolina
Anyone else in Carolina Friday night, I'll be in section 105 on the isle with my Dubi Jersey on...stop by and say Hi

I am 100 times more excited to see Jones play than I would have been to see Johansen float

I think the whole team is going to get a lift not having to carry the dead weight any more

that's my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!

Section 118, going to Backyard Bistro before the game.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So I just realized...

If Werenski and Jones live up to their potential we likely have Team USA's top pairing for the olympics. Maybe not the next winter olympics but possibly the one after.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
This is a kid who's got the potential to be a #1 Dman, was drafted high, and then was mentored in the best situations. You could not have asked for a better situation for Jones, who watches Weber and Josi in the Nashville system after playing in the NHL following his draft. Most kids drafted that early are forced into situations they're not ready for.

#1 centres are important, but there's less #1 Dman.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
So I just realized...

If Werenski and Jones live up to their potential we likely have Team USA's top pairing for the olympics. Maybe not the next winter olympics but possibly the one after.

Assuming everyone hits upside, you might be right. I'd bet that Hanifin-Faulk will still take that job.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Think "right-handed Murray with a slightly better shot". That's about where he is right now.

Excellent. He is currently a young 3/4 with upside who is already better than Prout. What you've just described is a big upgrade.

If Jones has any type of ability to make a stretch pass we are light years above where we were.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Excellent. He is currently a young 3/4 with upside who is already better than Prout. What you've just described is a big upgrade.

If Jones has any type of ability to make a stretch pass we are light years above where we were.

He's also got the ability to break out of the zone using his feet just as effectively.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If he gets the green light from Torts to play agressively like this, I have a feeling we're going to be see Wennberg and Saad next to Jones' name on the scoresheet quite often.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Ok, so he's a big upgrade over Prout, Tyutin, and Savard as well.

i don't think its right you rip Viqsi for her narrative about not trading Joey in every thread while you bash Savard in most of them. He's played pretty well this year vs prior years...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->