Recalled/Assigned: Seth Griffith assigned to Providence (Jan 10, 2015)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This will upset those who once again, perceive a comment made by Julien as tossing someone else under the bus

member 96824

It's a rare opportunity that comes along once every 22 days and 3 hrs 52 seconds that I agree with you, so when that opportunity arises, I have to jump on it.

Agreed.

Damnit, I wouldn't have cashed in on such an easy one then.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
so no one cares that this kid was scratched again last night? I'm not saying he's lighting it up or anything, but I don't see any reason for him to be out of the lineup.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I care, they're only picking Fraser cos of his size, but the brass can't seem to get through their heads that Fraser is a ***** who doesn't use that size, he just flops all over the place.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Griffith needs to get a fake ID and put a touch of gray in his hair and I bet Claude falls for it. Claude went out without sun screen in Tampa last year when it was 99 out. He looked like a clowns nose he can't be that bright; Claude scratched Kessel over Reich in the playoffs so anything possible.

I do like Claude though

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Griffith and Morrow the last skaters on the ice this morning so likely both scratches.

What the hell does Griffith have to do at this point? Seriously...the team was just shut out and they are healthy scratching a kid with 5 goals. What the **** is even the point of having sports writers if none of them are going to ask Claude about stuff like this?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Griffith and Morrow the last skaters on the ice this morning so likely both scratches.

What the hell does Griffith have to do at this point? Seriously...the team was just shut out and they are healthy scratching a kid with 5 goals. What the **** is even the point of having sports writers if none of them are going to ask Claude about stuff like this?

I don't understand it.

At the very worst, most would have to agree that Griffith (who is still tied for the team lead in goals, no?) is a better option than Gagne and Matt Fraser.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't understand it.

At the very worst, most would have to agree that Griffith (who is still tied for the team lead in goals, no?) is a better option than Gagne and Matt Fraser.

it is the most baffling decision I can remember out of Claude's camp. What has he possibly seen out of Fraser in the last 2 games that makes him think he's a better option than Griffith right now? I mean Gagne I can understand since he scored a goal the other night, but Fraser isn't really bringing anything to the table.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
it is the most baffling decision I can remember out of Claude's camp. What has he possibly seen out of Fraser in the last 2 games that makes him think he's a better option than Griffith right now? I mean Gagne I can understand since he scored a goal the other night, but Fraser isn't really bringing anything to the table.

Fraser is this years version of Jordan Caron. He keeps getting chances hand delivered to him, does nothing to actually earn them, and shows nothing when he plays. He's Caron 2.0. I fully expect the Matt Fraser experiment to continue for at least another 2 seasons. Ironically, I'd even take Caron over him at this point. That's how obvious to me it is that Matt Fraser does not belong in the NHL, especially not on a supposed cup contending team...

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Sitting Kessel for Reich or sitting Seguin for Thornton....

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Sitting Kessel for Reich or sitting Seguin for Thornton....

Sitting Kessel for the first game was a smart move. He needed to sit and needed to give more. It kicked him in the ass IMO. Problem was they sat him for too many games.

Seguin sitting was needed and I thought that was handled well. IIRC they sat him for weeks basically. He worked on strength and conditioning during that time and it showed when he finally got into a game. Can't really argue with the results either.

There were legitimate hockey factors in both of those decisions IMO.

But the Griffith thing makes no sense unless he's hurt...in which case why not just say so?

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Bs shopping Fraser, have to be. I thought they sat him cos of his size vs ducks/kings but I know it isnt that because he scored his first goal against the shahhhks earlier this year. No other explanation.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Inclusion in a trade or an attempt to include is honestly my thought

Think the bruins want to hold on to Griffith

A little off-topic, but...

... I've always wondered how often "showcasing" actually happens? My feeling is though it never does, or at least very rarely... And certainly less often than is suggested by fans.

It just seems like an awful reason to compromise the quality of a roster, just to give some other teams' scouts ten minutes of live time.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
A little off-topic, but...

... I've always wondered how often "showcasing" actually happens? My feeling is though it never does, or at least very rarely... And certainly less often than is suggested by fans.

It just seems like an awful reason to compromise the quality of a roster, just to give some other teams' scouts ten minutes of live time.

Agreed. If I had to guess why Fraser is playing over Griff, it's because that's what Julien wants. He probably doesn't have faith in Griffith to be in the right spot positionally, so he goes with a player who offers far less upside but also far less risk (well, at least in his mind).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad