Recalled/Assigned: Seth Griffith assigned to Providence (Jan 10, 2015)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I didn't say it was good sarcasm.

It was the end of the day and I was punch drunk.

You know what they say about sarcasm? Even when it's bad...it's still pretty good.

At least, I think that was sarcasm they were talking about :naughty:

:D

Off to hockey practice, DVR set, hopefully I have a reason to watch it later.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
You are disagreeing with me...shocking.

Who said anything about him tinkering too much? IMO, Gagne has sucked all through camp right up until now. He should not have been on the roster to begin with. 50% of the blame goes on Chia for allowing Clode that out.

I agree gagne has sucked. I don't want him on the team either but its out of juliens character to make that change, I can't think of a time he's done it (pandolfo maybe?). Either way he punishes gagne and the trust he's built with all the vets on the team maybe gets called into question a bit. I don't know how it works, I assume gagnes good in the locker room and he's well liked by the team. Maybe he's well liked by julien. I don't like him as a player (anymore I actually really liked him before he was a shell) but that doesn't mean I want julien to change how he does things. Veterans are sacred cows to julien who are above punishment no matter how well or bad they play. So far that approach has worked for the team so even though I don't Like it I understand it.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Gagne , caron , cj.

Cj needs to stop favoring his fellow qbers.

No reason griffith shouldnt at least play on the 4th with koko and pasta.

Know the people on your favourite team.

Claude Julien is a Franco-Ontarian from Blind River, on the North Channel of Lake Huron, a 8 hours drive west of Ottawa.

It's twice as far from Montréal than Boston is.

Gilhuleh

Sep 24, 2011
Ontario,Canada
Hello fellow Bruins fans.

I'm a Red Wings fan so I'm normally not roaming these part of the boards but I grew up in the same hometown as Griffith and actually played with him for a bit so I've always followed him extensively.

I was just as surprised as you all were when I heard the news today. Can anyone tell me how he has played the last few games? I haven't been able to watch a game since the night of his highlight reel goal but by the looks of it it was undeserved. Was this caused because of the cap situation?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Know the people on your favourite team.

Claude Julien is a Franco-Ontarian from Blind River, on the North Channel of Lake Huron, a 8 hours drive west of Ottawa.

It's twice as far from Montréal than Boston is.

Claude Julien, grow up and learn to play hockey in Orleans, A suburb of Ottawa.
He still live in Orleans during the summer, close to his parents.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Hello fellow Bruins fans.

I'm a Red Wings fan so I'm normally not roaming these part of the boards but I grew up in the same hometown as Griffith and actually played with him for a bit so I've always followed him extensively.

I was just as surprised as you all were when I heard the news today. Can anyone tell me how he has played the last few games? I haven't been able to watch a game since the night of his highlight reel goal but by the looks of it it was undeserved. Was this caused because of the cap situation?

He's held his own reasonably well. I have the impression that they promised Pastrnak some time in Boston, and had to put Griffith to the AHL to make cap/roster work. I expect Griff to be back on the big club within a few games.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
you can't just post that without a link or details, man! what did he say?

Can't find a link, heard interview on sports hub. When asked about Griffith demotion, Clode said something along the lines of "I don't have an answer for ya, you'll have to check with the guys upstairs on that one."

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
so in light of what Julien said (he seemed clearly peeved that one of his roster players was demoted for no legitimate reason), can we now lay to rest the whole "Julien hates kids" talking point?

does anyone think we'll get an explanation from Chia or Cam as to why Griffith was sent down beyond "he could clear waivers?"

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
so in light of what Julien said (he seemed clearly peeved that one of his roster players was demoted for no legitimate reason), can we now lay to rest the whole "Julien hates kids" talking point?

does anyone think we'll get an explanation from Chia or Cam as to why Griffith was sent down beyond "he could clear waivers?"

Not when you play Greg Campbell 17 minutes last night. It's almost like he was making a point..Ridic.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Not when you play Greg Campbell 17 minutes last night. It's almost like he was making a point..Ridic.

I honestly had no problem with how he coached the game last night. when down to 3 actual NHL centers then it's to be expected that Campbell would get a lot more ice time, especially with Koko looking kind of lost out there.

The point of my previous post was that Claude obviously see Griffith as a guy who has earned a spot, which to me kind of kills the "Claude hates kids" narrative. Claude will stick with the kids who earn his trust and Griffith apparently has. Koko will get there too eventually, but for now I had no problem with leaning heavily on the Campbell line. Claude also had good things to say about Pasta after the game fwiw.

I still can't get over our GM putting himself in a position where taking one of our leading goalscorers out of the lineup was somehow his most viable option.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Turnabout is fair play Claude, IMO just a continuation of training camp infighting that's still not resolved

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Well, that 4th line played one if not their best game of the season last night. And it's no surprise that a line of Caron-Koko-Pasta wasn't going to get trusted good minutes against the best team in the East right now.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

gave Knight someone to hang out with last night and watch game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad