Recalled/Assigned: Seth Griffith assigned to Providence (Jan 10, 2015)

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
A little off-topic, but...

... I've always wondered how often "showcasing" actually happens? My feeling is though it never does, or at least very rarely... And certainly less often than is suggested by fans.

It just seems like an awful reason to compromise the quality of a roster, just to give some other teams' scouts ten minutes of live time.

It's not showcasing like they are calling gm's and saying, make sure you watch Fraser tonight! Or Chiarelli is bumping Wilson's arm tonight going, how bout that Fraser? Ehh ehh?

I *think* it's more about adding NHL games to their resume and giving them more opportunities to put some points up so when the GM does go to trade them, he has more to point to

Totally my opinion of course

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
this kid's confidence looks completely shot since that pointless demotion. :shakehead

He wasn't really winning many board battles before OR after that demotion. Tons of guys put up points when they first come into the league, breaking in with Krejci and Lucic is a nice start but he doesn't have the speed/strength combo needed to do well as a little guy in the league. He should be down in Providence working on both, IMO.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Not sure how I feel about Pasta sticking past his 9 games. Not sure if he's 100% ready for NHL, but for at least 2 more games, he's a better option than Griffith on the 1st line.

I guess what harm is there in taking a look at Pasta for 2 more games, and then if they decide to send him back, maybe Chia has a trade in place by then - or they go with Smith and Loui as the top 6 RWs and someone from Prov (Griff, Koko...?) fills in on the bottom 6?

Either way, although Griff wasn't the answer, he showed some good things with the big club and will hopefully develop into a good little player for the future.

acr*

I'm hoping Griffith is used in a trade package. He has value and people may want him at the deadline, but I don't see him having a long term role in Boston. Too little and just doesn't look like he has the fire to play bigger at this point in his career.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Griffith actually hasn't played bad imo. He isn't shy about going into traffic, has skill, is a very good stick handler and makes smart plays, he actually kind of grew on me. Offensively I see him as more of a playmaker. Unlikely he will ever be a first liner led alone be one now, I see him as an NHL 3rd liner that can contribute offensively.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I thought he played well in his time up. Obviously not the biggest body, but he showed better wheels than I expected, along with NHL level finish. His play dipped in the later stages. Thought he was tentative, with and without the puck. Only 21 though. He'll be back up at some point this year.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
I thought he played well in his time up. Obviously not the biggest body, but he showed better wheels than I expected, along with NHL level finish. His play dipped in the later stages. Thought he was tentative, with and without the puck. Only 21 though. He'll be back up at some point this year.

I'm guessing he'll be back up as soon as Monday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad