Pre-Game Talk: Series Preview: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
What is the Lightning's logic from banning opposing team garb, but only in the clubs? C'est bizarre.
Well the point is that’s the high roller section and the high rollers don’t want their to be opposing team high rollers in their party. It would be like banning people from wearing other fan garb in the club sections here.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
though i guess tampa is "rangers south" :sarcasm:

If Tampa cares about this so much, they're lucky they've only had 1 playoff series against the Lightning. I didnt watch any of those games, but I'll bet there were tons of Rangers fans in the building. From roughly Daytona Beach in the north to about West Palm Beach in the south, Florida is absolutely crawling with New York transplants.

Reactions: OmNomNom

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
My only guess it's the most expensive seats, and so they want to ensure as good an experience as possible for the big money customers.
that's not a real fan experience! you need interpersonal drama and anger! otherwise you might as well be a suit at MSG, amongst the rest of the suited up """"fans""""

though i guess tampa is "rangers south" :sarcasm:
I was at the last Devils game in Tampa and was blasting their theme song 'Thunder' by Imagine Dragons on way out of the parking garage. Maybe I pissed off some folks down there. :sarcasm:

Reactions: OmNomNom

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I think Wood has a huge series. He hit a rough patch, but overall he had an excellent season and his line was awesome against Washington. Zacha, Maroon, and Wood will be a force. Wood has a goal and an assist in 2 games against Tampa this season with 7 shots. He just can't get too amped up and do some moronic crap like when he plastered Namestnikov into the boards.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
lol what

Kunitz is a 4th liner that plays less than 12 minutes/game

Kunitz is also a guy who his entire career has massively elevated his game well-beyond his regular season statistics.

Which I'm sure is what he's getting at.

Chris Kunitz - Wikipedia

EDIT: Not saying I agree it's logical, just noting Kunitz has scored many big playoff goals in his career.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
So the Devils are likely looking at:

Coleman - Zajac - Noesen vs. Miller - Stamkos - Kucherov

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri vs. Palat - Point - Johnson

Killorn - Cirelli - Gourde vs. Wood - Zacha - Maroon

I'd imagine Tampa will try to get Stamkos' line out against Zacha's line as much as possible while they're home.

But in all honesty, I like the Devils chances with those match-ups. Zajac's line isn't going to give Stamkos' line any room to breathe and that line is all skill and finesse. Perfect match-up for Zajac's line, IMO.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
In the scenario MoJo is healthy, getting him on a line with Boyle and Grabner can be an absolutely enormous advantage. MoJo and Grabner slot into the top 6 for a lot of teams in the league. That would be a nightmare to handle after the Devils other three lines.

Reactions: SteveCangialosi123

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
In the scenario MoJo is healthy, getting him on a line with Boyle and Grabner can be an absolutely enormous advantage. MoJo and Grabner slot into the top 6 for a lot of teams in the league. That would be a nightmare to handle after the Devils other three lines.
Absolutely true. On paper that has to be the best 4th line in the NHL. Johansson has been a legitmate top 6 player in his career, Grabner has 54 goals over his last 2 seasons, and Boyle is a decent enough 4th line center that's in the playoffs every year.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I think Wood has a huge series. He hit a rough patch, but overall he had an excellent season and his line was awesome against Washington. Zacha, Maroon, and Wood will be a force. Wood has a goal and an assist in 2 games against Tampa this season with 7 shots. He just can't get too amped up and do some moronic crap like when he plastered Namestnikov into the boards.
I just hope Wood can control his emotions. He’s always fired up and I can’t imagine how amped up he’s going to be.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Still think if MoJo gets healthy, Boyle should be the one benched. Coleman can do whatever he's providing as the 4th line center much better than Boyle could. If MoJo comes back, would be a shame for someone like Gibbons to come out to keep Boyle in.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I think this is a tough draw for the Devils. I would have preferred to play Boston because we're a speed team and they're a one line grind it out team. Now though they are playing a team that plays a similar type of game but better than they do. It's definitely an uphill climb. I think there's enough character on this team to make it a long series though.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I think this is a tough draw for the Devils. I would have preferred to play Boston because we're a speed team and they're a one line grind it out team. Now though they are playing a team that plays a similar type of game but better than they do. It's definitely an uphill climb. I think there's enough character on this team to make it a long series though.

You're underestimating Boston IMO.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We are going to have to Rawly2009 them this series.

Play a smart, resilient and disciplined team game and give our star players a chance to make plays late in games.

We must protect Hall, Nico and our other skilled players too, don't give up an inch in scrums.

And of course get solid and timely goaltending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad