Pre-Game Talk: Series Preview: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
thanks, same goes back at you, don't hate your team (yet), but can hope for an intense series.

what's the deal with amalie arena, by the way, and opposing fans jerseys? is it really banned?

Not that I know of. The ban was for like club sections only last I heard. I haven't kept up with it but as far as I know the ban only applies to like 3% of the arena

HischieR13

Mar 16, 2009
Strong Island
Wow. Well I sure was wrong. I cant believe that!

Anything over 2 is fairly uncommon in hockey, 2.55 to 1 is basically a slap in the face. Ouch!

Are you looking at American lines? Cause that’s what we posted. The avalanche are +310. Philly is + 200. It’s pretty common for a team to be +200 or more even in the regular season when on the road. The panthers were +285 against Boston last night.

If the Devils win, according to Vegas, it would be the second biggest upset of the first round (Avs would be the biggest)

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Miller-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Point-Johnson
Killorn-Cirelli-Gourde
Kunitz-Paquette-Callahan

I'm having a hard time calling that bottom 6 "special", sorry.

Their top 6 is special but their bottom 6 isn't any better then ours IMO.
That’s great, Gourde has 64 points, Killorn has 47 points, Cirelli has 5 goals 11 points in 18 games, and Kunitz has 29 points (more than Coleman, Zacha, Boyle, etc.).

Reactions: Darkauron

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
nah, they're ban opposing colors. article i posted addresses what they do. it's insane though, if you have a credit card with an area code outside of the tampa area, you can't buy directly from them. some bs about providing a comfortable fan environment, but it's more like being in a bubble.
Thet may have been concerned with the ex-pat Leafs fan invasion they could get.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
nah, they're ban opposing colors. article i posted addresses what they do. it's insane though, if you have a credit card with an area code outside of the tampa area, you can't buy directly from them. some bs about providing a comfortable fan environment, but it's more like being in a bubble.
Where is this article. I can’t find your post.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Are you looking at American lines? Cause that’s what we posted. The avalanche are +310. Philly is + 200. It’s pretty common for a team to be +200 or more even in the regular season when on the road. The panthers were +285 against Boston last night.

What website are these from?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

The problem is that we have tens of thousands of obnoxious children of transplants. Catch a baseball game, the Yankees fan from the Bronx or Sox fan from New Bedford is pure class and you find yourself not even paying attention to the game anymore but sharing stories. Meet the native of Palm Harbor and he's a f***ing jack wagon. He's drunk, trying to scream about kissing rings and how much your team sucks.The Lightning don't need this same guy at the playoff games.

It's not worth it. I can't assume this is why they put in the measures they have but it is what it is

Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Reactions: Its a Trap

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I can't find myself the mental energy to care about whether a team bans specific clothes in like 3% of their arena, really who cares?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Another remark I do wish the Lightning would let people purchase tickets out of state. In my experience people don't travel a thousand miles and book a hotel to be an asshole. But if you live nearby nothing is stopping you from acting that way and getting a Taxi home because you're blasted and drunk.

Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
My only guess it's the most expensive seats, and so they want to ensure as good an experience as possible for the big money customers.
that's not a real fan experience! you need interpersonal drama and anger! otherwise you might as well be a suit at MSG, amongst the rest of the suited up """"fans""""

though i guess tampa is "rangers south" :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad