Series Predicitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I have belief in the personnel on this team. That belief says they should win this in five games, as they're simply a better team than the Wild. Losing this series would mean that belief was seriously misplaced.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Meant to vote 5, clicked 6. I just can't see the Blues blowing this series against a team they've dominated pretty thoroughly. 2 flukey games, one of which the Blues were still the better team in, doesn't change anything for me. I just hope TJ can make it through this series without getting decapitated.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Don't see anything close about this series at all unless their goalie stands on his head.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The only chance I think of the Blues losing this series will be if Dubnyk stands on his head and Allen falls flat on his face.

I think the Blues win the series in 5 close games. Wouldn't surprise me to see each game be a 1 goal game.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Pasted from the Playoffs Board seried-thread:

Blues should win the possession battle every game. Blues should outshoot MIN every game. Blues should win the special teams battle every game.
i think the games will be close on the scoreboard, and Minnesota may win one or two...but it will be becuase of bad goaltending on our side or fluke goals...not because Minnesota out played them. There is very little chance of the Wild outplaying St. Louis for more than a few stretches of every game. Those few stretches are where they can win the game though.

This was the ideal match-up for the Blues...and for the first time since early December, the entire roster is healthy. I think the Blues are going to come out flying...and the Wild aren't going to have another level, having spent the last four-months fighting just to get into the playoffs.

I think Minnesota is a damn good team...but the only scenario that I see them advancing is if Allen/Elliott choke the series away. If the goaltending for MIN & STL is equal, STL wins the series decisively.

Blues in 5.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Am I correct in saying that Thursday night (assuming no injuries) will be the first time the Blues have Shattenkirk and Steen both on the PP in like 3 months?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blues in 6.

I have confidence in this team for the first time in a while. I think the signing of Stastny will turn out to be huge because we now have more than just Backes to take on other top centers. And with Schwartz and Oshie, the Stastny line will be a legitimate threat. And I think Steen and Tarasenko will light **** up together.

Confident enough in the defense to not suck. Basically means Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk are good enough to carry it, and I think Michalek will come up big too and be a warrior.

I think this team is super hungry after the last 2 series, and they have the firepower to put the hammer on teams now.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I have this feeling about Patrick Berglund. He's going to have a surprisingly good postseason. You heard it here first (unless of course you didn't at which point you still heard it here)

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Blues in 6.

I have confidence in this team for the first time in a while. I think the signing of Stastny will turn out to be huge because we now have more than just Backes to take on other top centers. And with Schwartz and Oshie, the Stastny line will be a legitimate threat. And I think Steen and Tarasenko will light **** up together.

Confident enough in the defense to not suck. Basically means Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk are good enough to carry it, and I think Michalek will come up big too and be a warrior.

I think this team is super hungry after the last 2 series, and they have the firepower to put the hammer on teams now.

I agree about the Stastny signing. I think this is where we really see it come up big.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I have this feeling about Patrick Berglund. He's going to have a surprisingly good postseason. You heard it here first (unless of course you didn't at which point you still heard it here)

Me too actually. Same feeling about this whole team, really. Think so many players have the potential to break-out at some point during the postseason.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I picked the Blues in 5 as well. Not saying it'll be a landslide, but they should be close games. Unless Dubnyk/Kuemper completely falter, then things would just get entertaining. To be honest, this might be the most confident I've been in the Blues since the rebuild.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Blues in six. Split the first four and then put them away 5&6.

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
Blues in 5. Wouldn't be surprised to see a sweep.

This team has another gear. We're about to see it.

We accomplished the only goal of this season: Staying Healthy.

The Wild aren't going to know what hit them. Dubnyk is about to get exposed. He'll be just another Blaine Lacher.

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Agree with the above, Blues in 5 and a potential sweep. It's a good matchup for us.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
The Wild only win if Dubnyk can play at a Vezina level (he's regressed to normal just a bit the last month or so) and our goaltending falls on its face.

Both of those are possible so they have a chance. But I really will be shocked if we blow this one. Even us.

Blues in 6.

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
Am I correct in saying that Thursday night (assuming no injuries) will be the first time the Blues have Shattenkirk and Steen both on the PP in like 3 months?

The game that Shatty came back was the game that Steen went down inn, and if I'm not mistaken they got a total of 1 PP shift together in that game before Steen was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad