Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
As long as we get to hear that goal horn one more time. :yo:
giphy.gif

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
Im glad there's only one more game against the stars. I'm really starting to get tired of their bulls***....

Especially bishop.

Did not like him before the series.
NO respect left for him after the series.
I'm saying it... I'm putting him in the same category as Subban... Constantly diving, taking cheap shots at our players every chance he gets... Directly contributing to a loss...

Watch bishop on the Blais goal. O'Reilly skates by, bishop decided to just whack at his legs for no reason, after the play. It's those little bitch moves that make me hate a player.

Reactions: HighNote

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Im glad there's only one more game against the stars. I'm really starting to get tired of their bulls***....

Especially bishop.

Did not like him before the series.
NO respect left for him after the series.
I'm saying it... I'm putting him in the same category as Subban... Constantly diving, taking cheap shots at our players every chance he gets... Directly contributing to a loss...

Watch bishop on the Blais goal. O'Reilly skates by, bishop decided to just whack at his legs for no reason, after the play. It's those little ***** moves that make me hate a player.
After ROR made Bishop eat snow on a soft dump in earlier in the game, I figured ROR might have something coming his way.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
As much as I loved yesterday’s victory, we need to clean up some stuff. In particular, in the first period the Stars whiffed on TWO crossing passes to a wide open backdoor guy. If they made those we would be singing a different tune today. See the game summary video.

Clean it up in our end.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
As much as I loved yesterday’s victory, we need to clean up some stuff. In particular, in the first period the Stars whiffed on TWO crossing passes to a wide open backdoor guy. If they made those we would be singing a different tune today. See the game summary video.

Clean it up in our end.
The Blues have been suspect to the trailing backside shooter this entire playoffs. So far, it has only bit them a few times, but your forwards have to come back and track that player sneaking in. The Sharks and Avs will absolutely tear the Blues up if they advance and don't fix that issue.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
If we can shut down Seguin again, I like our chances. We did a good job of limiting him for awhile, now he's starting to get dangerous again. Shut down Seguin = Blues win.

Reactions: mk80

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I completely agree about the importance of shutting down those cross ice passes right in front of Binnington. Dallas had two golden opportunities to bury a goal similar to the one Perron scored. We were fortunate they couldn't knock them in.

Other than that, though, the Blues have been the better team for about 4.5 of the last 6 periods. The Stars are trending down and the Blues have found their extra gear.

I'm sure Dallas will be ready tomorrow but if the Blues score first, you may see a demoralized Stars team the rest of the way. They really blew it in Game 6.

Reactions: mk80

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think we need to test his high glove side early, see if there's any lingering issues from taking that CP55 slapper to the shoulder. If he's vulnerable to anything like that, exploiting it could be the key to chasing him and running away with the game.
I bet he is vulnerable 5 hole as he overcompensates up high.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
If I am the Blues I just put a ton of rubber at Bishop, get him moving and hopefully get him uncomfortable. At best he has a nasty bruise on his collarbone and any and all movement is going to be painful.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
After Bishops flopping and now that he actually got hurt I think now is when we start crashing the net and getting in his face. He will react either by taking penalties or by giving up goals. He's rattled now and everyone knows it.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
After Bishops flopping and now that he actually got hurt I think now is when we start crashing the net and getting in his face. He will react either by taking penalties or by giving up goals. He's rattled now and everyone knows it.
I expect Bishop to play well tomorrow. I just expect the Blues to play better.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
He was quite quickly recovered after that slapshot. I think itse more of give him rest when clearly they were lost #6.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
Haven't logged on in a while, but my god I had to just to comment on that series thread. The Dallas fans must get their whininess from Bishop because my god. They really want to push the rhetoric that all Blues fans are out to get them and hate them.

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
Haven't logged on in a while, but my god I had to just to comment on that series thread. The Dallas fans must get their whininess from Bishop because my god. They really want to push the rhetoric that all Blues fans are out to get them and hate them.

I do hate them though. I've lived all over the country and gone to Blues games in about a dozen different arenas outside St. Louis, and Dallas is the only place that home fans have physically attacked me and dumped beer on me.

Reactions: Arioch

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
I do hate them though. I've lived all over the country and gone to Blues games in about a dozen different arenas outside St. Louis, and Dallas is the only place that home fans have physically attacked me and dumped beer on me.

Haha, that's fair enough. I hate them too, but they can't have a conversation without whining about something sheesh

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I haven't talked to Bishop in years, but I always thought he was a super nice guy when I would run into him at the rink when we were younger. I like the fire he plays with too. Other than it being on 'our guy,' I have zero issue with that hack at ROR, just like I enjoyed watching Binny stand up to Benn and then give that scummy little slash to Bishop at the benches. I don't mind a reasonable amount of dirtiness from a goalie, so long as he's not cowbelling guys, taking huge wind ups or using the blocker as a weapon.

With all that said, I despise his flopping nonsense. He's been one of he biggest 2 offenders for several years now and doubled down on it this series. There is zero doubt in my mind that the refs have gotten sick of the boy who cried wolf and decided that they just aren't going to call anything when he flops. Notice the (super soft) Maroon interference call was one of the few times that bishop didn't explode backwards after contact. Almost like the refs were trying to tell him "we'll give you some calls if you stop trying to sell it."

I don't think Bishop was embellishing that at all, but I full y believe that the ref doesn't hesitate to blow the whistle if he hadn't watched Bishop fall backwards and grab towards his head multiple times this series. I think that hesitation created just enough time for the ref to see the shot coming and say "well now I'm not blowing this dead as a shot is released. I'm not going to let him pop back up, stay in the game and take a goal off the board at the same time."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad