Post-Game Talk: Series Discussion: Stars @ Blues

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It’ll probably be Dallas

Man I hope we beat them if we play them. I ****in hate that team! I can’t stand Jamie Benn, and Seguin and Radulov are not far behind him.
Dont forget their stupid goal song.

Radulov has done nothing to make me hate him other then his stupid face.

Seguin though....he bae :laugh:

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I am not concerned about facing any of the remaining playoff teams.

My only concern would be running into a goalie who is shutting everything down. Rinne is more than capable of getting hot like that, as we've seen many times in the past... but right now Bishop is basically in that zone, and had a better regular season too.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
The narrative of Dallas having our number is kinda ridiculous. They beat us twice on the back end of b2b’s where we were visiting an Eastern team, and then had to fly back home. The other time they won was to break our 11 game streak, plus Schenn and Perron were out.

I’d love to end either of their seasons, but Nashville would make me happier. I’ve wanted revenge since they beat us a few years ago.

Last edited:

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
tumblr_inline_p47ggxkvwU1s9f50o_400.gif

Reactions: Sushiko

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I'd rather play Nashville I think, mainly because of their lack of high end forwards and crappy PP. Although, I like our chances against either team. It's really a toss up, I just hope it goes to game 7, with quadruple overtime.

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
Don't care who the Blues draw. Predict a series outcome.

In light of the CBJ/TBL, CGY/COL and NYI/PIT series, predict the outcome.

It doesn't matter who we draw.

And this idea that a long, drawn out OT game 7 will be better for the Blues is nonsense.

If that happens, then the OT winner will be battle tested and all guns blazing.

Reactions: TheDizee

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Dallas is playing well and is a threat with Benn, Seguin and Bishop.

Even more danger from the Avs and Vegas. Avs look unstoppable right now, and Mac is probably the best player in the world.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I think each presents a challenge. You have to beat the best to win the cup so I'm not opposed to playing either one, I think we can beat them both if we are on our A game. I do want to see them go to a game 7 with triple OT though.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
We just eliminated a team that was bigger, more physical and faster than us.

No one else scares me.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
My biggest concern with either team was getting Tim Peel or Francois St Laurent as the Ref to apply the fix.
Except Peel isn't going to be reffing in the 2nd round and St Laurent is going to have his hands full ensuring that NY, Boston or Toronto advance to the ECF's(sorry Columbus, but the NHL has to have their big market teams represented in the Finals).

Means that we should get an evenly called series no matter who we get.
And neither team scares me without the ref advantage.

That said, I have an irrational dislike for the mustard stains. I prefer to see them go down in round 1 for the embarrassment factor. And I hope it's an absolute embarrassment on their home ice in game 6(I'm talking 8 or 9 goals against).
So bring on the Stars(Blues haven't lost a PO series to the Stars since 1999).

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
My biggest concern with either team was getting Tim Peel or Francois St Laurent as the Ref to apply the fix.
Except Peel isn't going to be reffing in the 2nd round and St Laurent is going to have his hands full ensuring that NY, Boston or Toronto advance to the ECF's(sorry Columbus, but the NHL has to have their big market teams represented in the Finals).

Means that we should get an evenly called series no matter who we get.
And neither team scares me without the ref advantage.

That said, I have an irrational dislike for the mustard stains. I prefer to see them go down in round 1 for the embarrassment factor. And I hope it's an absolute embarrassment on their home ice in game 6(I'm talking 8 or 9 goals against).
So bring on the Stars(Blues haven't lost a PO series to the Stars since 1999).
Refs don’t decide the series. That’s an irrational fear that so many fans have.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Dallas is the better team in 2019...and they have forwards to be concerned with. Much rather face Nashville, but Blues should be the favorites over their rest of the West, I’d think.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Don't care who the Blues draw. Predict a series outcome.

In light of the CBJ/TBL, CGY/COL and NYI/PIT series, predict the outcome.

It doesn't matter who we draw.

And this idea that a long, drawn out OT game 7 will be better for the Blues is nonsense.

If that happens, then the OT winner will be battle tested and all guns blazing.
Or they'll be more fatigued and beaten up.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Refs don’t decide the series. That’s an irrational fear that so many fans have.

You're right that a ref can't "decide a series" in the sense of awarding or disallowing goals. The NHL provides enough oversight to keep that from happening.

That said, Ref's can absolutely give teams an advantage by the penalties they do and don't call.
We've seen that first hand too many times to deny it.

It's still on the team to actually capitalize on that advantage, but ref's absolutely can have an impact in giving one team an advantage.
That is the entire reason the site scoutingtherefs.com was started, to follow which refs were more likely to attempt to decide games.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'd like to say, "It doesn't matter, you have to beat everyone to win the Cup." (Which is of course true)

But what's foremost in my mind is all the trouble that Dallas gave us and how it should be concerning that they seemingly are waking up a bit offensively. Conversely I think we can absolutely brutalize the Preds if we get them so if I were given a choice it would be them. Too bad we can't pick because I think we're about to get Dallas.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Id like to see the schedule in the games vs Dallas since Jan 5th. Are any B2b? 3rd in 4? I just dont see the Stars beating a rested Blues team. Our 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines and D are all better than theirs.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
glad to see SJ and Vegas go to OT and to game 7. I want everybody tired and beaten up.

Reactions: mk80

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad