Post-Game Talk: Series Discussion: Stars @ Blues

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Backwards name guy is the extreme outlier. All other interactions with Canuck fans on here have been normal.

I like them because they're very eager to talk hockey with whoever as long as you bring the right attitude to their board. I've had some of my very best interactions with opposing fans on the Nucks board here at HF. I sense a kinship there tbh.

Backwards name guy is our brother and he doesn't even know it. Honestly it seems like you could ask him the same question someone might ask of us, "Now where on this doll did the Blues touch you?".

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
That Schwartz tip was actually disgusting and sadly will be lost in all of the bishop drama

It's a shame that his tip has gotten lost in everything. It was a low shot going wide that he tipped right under the bar. There is a decent chance that beats Bishop, especially if he had lost the rebound when it kicked very high.

Reactions: Celtic Note

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Blues captain outplayed Stars captain

Blues did not give much at all to Benn, Radulov or Seguin. Very good round for all D core outside of 19 in G4 and 29 in G5. 27, 55, 4 all played superb. gunnar is underrated, i think its gonna be a noticeable loss if he does not come back.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
series has gone the same way the 2011 world series did. would be funny if pat maroon pulled a david freese and **** down the stars necks
giphy.gif

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
You're way ahead of yourself with this David Freese thing. That was the World Series game 6 down 3-2 in the series. We still have the WCF before we can even dream of Maroon having a David Freese like moment.

Edit: I will give you that Freese was NLCS MVP, but again, we're not to that level yet.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Blues captain outplayed Stars captain

Blues did not give much at all to Benn, Radulov or Seguin. Very good round for all D core outside of 19 in G4 and 29 in G5. 27, 55, 4 all played superb. gunnar is underrated, i think its gonna be a noticeable loss if he does not come back.
parayko and jbo shut down the top players, they smothered them in all but one game

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Chief, post-game locker room: "2 down boys, 2 down ...now Bozie what's up now? .... #3 right? f***ing relentless! Let's f***ing go!"

I also enjoyed him finishing with "you boys got the day off tomorrow" followed by massive cheers from the players. I'd be willing to bet there are a few hungover Blues today.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Chief, post-game locker room: "2 down boys, 2 down ...now Bozie what's up now? .... #3 right? ****ing relentless! Let's ****ing go!"

I also enjoyed him finishing with "you boys got the day off tomorrow" followed by massive cheers from the players. I'd be willing to bet there are a few hungover Blues today.

Someone says David Freese after Petro gives Maroon the game puck

Reactions: mk80

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I said it in the main board thread, Dallas really needed Benn or Seguin to take over game 6. Zuccarello and Hintz were great, but they needed something from their top guys and never really got it.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I said it in the main board thread, Dallas really needed Benn or Seguin to take over game 6. Zuccarello and Hintz were great, but they needed something from their top guys and never really got it.

I think this is a credit to our D more than it is a criticism of Benn/Seguin. And I feel the same way about Tarasenko/Schenn/ROR.

Dallas and St. Louis have arguably the two best overall defensive games in the league. Both have very, very good individual D men in the top 4 and both teams play a suffocating defensive style that relies on forwards helping out (often at the expense of offense). Ours was sloppier than Dallas' at times, but it was usually not against the top groups. We were absolutely committed to stopping Benn/Seguin as a 5 man unit.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Jamie Benn is shadow of former self. Not sure if it is age or he lost interest after getting big $ or got miffed bc they got rid of his brother or what, but he is no longer impact player. Still has 6 years left at $9.5mm. #anvil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad