Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion: Round 2 Oilers vs Knights

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I would prefer Wednesday just so the Oilers can have an extra day of rest. They probably flew back from LA today and if the game is on Tueday... that means they'd have to hop on the plane again tmrw... which is alot of travelling in 2 days.
The good thing is the time zone similarity. If it was coming from back east and then back again, that could have more of an effect. This time it's a nice 2 1/2 hour charter with no change in time.
Edit: I see they're going straight to Vegas. Smart move.

Our PP is both a blessing and a curse. We just won’t get the same number of PP’s that other teams get due to its unbelievable effectiveness. Can you imagine what would happen if we had 50% more PP’s than we had last series like Dallas, Rags, Canes, etc had. League would be in an uproar.
It's going to be like the NHL hooped us with the changed 4 on 4 ruling with Gretzky, Coffey and Kurri dominating. The NHL will rule that the team with a PP with more than 30 % efficiency will not be allowed more than 3 PP's per game. I mean, that's the way it appears right now, but they'll make it official for the rule book.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
My girlfriend booked our trip for this Monday - Wednesday months ago. Round trip air...Bellagio room... She paid and all other expenses on me. It was presented as a gift since we didn't make the March 28th game in Vegas that we planned originally however we didn't think the Oilers would be in town.

Before round 1 started I told her that if all went according to expectations there was high probability that game 1 would fall on one these days and Vegas would have home ice. There were no issues with this at that point.

Now the stars have aligned and it's happening and she's having a meltdown about our night being about hockey haha I literally can't win.

What's even worse is realizing she's not as into the Oilers as I thought in which this is like too
good to be true if the game is on Tuesday.

If you were in my shoes.... What would you do HFOil?

I'm leaning towards the game.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
My girlfriend booked our trip for this Monday - Wednesday months ago. Round trip air...Bellagio room... She paid and all other expenses on me. It was presented as a gift since we didn't make the March 28th game in Vegas that we planned originally however we didn't think the Oilers would be in town.

Before round 1 started I told her that if all went according to expectations there was high probability that game 1 would fall on one these days and Vegas would have home ice. There were no issues with this at that point.

Now the stars have aligned and it's happening and she's having a meltdown about our night being about hockey haha I literally can't win.

What's even worse is realizing she's not as into the Oilers as I thought in which this is like too

Answer depends on if you still want her to be your GF when you get home. ;)

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007

just make sure you get to do something she wants to do like go to a shakira show or ride a pony or something. then when youre at the game surprise her with something like a my little pony. then have a nice pony steak and take an arrow in the ponyy

GOilers@^#^#^

p.s. if it doesnt work out, you.can always pull a Nichushkin

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
just make sure you get to do something she wants to do like go to a shakira show or ride a pony or something. then when youre at the game surprise her with something like a my little pony. then have a nice pony steak and take an arrow in the ponyy

GOilers@^#^#^

p.s. if it doesnt work out, you.can always pull a Nichushkin

She watches every game with me and we have traveled before for Oilers... So she's definitely a fan but also if it's playoffs and we're in the city how is this not the priority

Last edited:

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

It's a gift for you so if you want to watch a playoff game it seems pretty reasonable given the circumstances. See if you can't find some way to make her happy at the same time?

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Our PP is both a blessing and a curse. We just won’t get the same number of PP’s that other teams get due to its unbelievable effectiveness. Can you imagine what would happen if we had 50% more PP’s than we had last series like Dallas, Rags, Canes, etc had. League would be in an uproar.
They still outscored the LA on PP, even though LA got like 30% more calls. Some non-calls were pretty flagrant, like when Kostin's stick was slashed in half. But time to roast those Vegas Golden Pheasants, power play or not.

Reactions: Biltmore

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
A healthy Mark Stone is at least twice the player Danault is and Vegas's D is much better than LA's overall imo, though Theodore still hasn't been practicing afaik.
Funny.

Last time they met in the playoffs Stone was (as he put in his own words 'Skunked'.

Danault limited him to 0 points over an entire series. Only 7 shots on net. But yeah... if you actually believe he's twice the player my eyes are about to roll out of my head.

Reactions: nabob

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
It's a gift for you so if you want to watch a playoff game it seems pretty reasonable given the circumstances. See if you can't find some way to make her happy at the same time?
thank you haha I don't think I could handle being in the city knowing the game is happening so close!

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

I would go to the game. What an opportunity.

Reactions: Leonardlizard

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
f*** Vegas and f*** the league for once again turning a blind eye to a team committing blatant camp circumvention by hiding a player (Stone) on LTIR in order to make deadline additions (Barbashev, Blueger and Quick) only to have said LTIR'd player magically healthy and ready to play for game one of the playoffs.

Bunch of cheaters. No respect to that team. Even if they win this series they can rot in hell.
Calm yourself.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007

Just try not to make the entire trip about the Oilers game. Do stuff that she likes before the game and whatnot. That way both parties have fun.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

It sounds like the game is Wednesday. Anyway you always pick Game. Not even close. It’s always easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. :nod:

Last edited:

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021

It sounds like the game is Wednesday. Anyway you always pick Game. Not even close. It’s always easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. :nod:

So I need to extend my trip now which will put me in win-win territory haha!! I appreciate that though I felt like I'd get sound advice from you all hahaha except the dude who implied I should drug her like Nishuskin LOL

Reactions: nally

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So I need to extend my trip now which will put me in win-win territory haha!! I appreciate that though I felt like I'd get sound advice from you all hahaha except the dude who implied I should drug her like Nishuskin LOL

The games in Vegas are always a blast. Your gf will love it, it’s a fun atmosphere in there. Be at the bar near the rink at least 2 hours minimum before the game if you want a seat there. It will be full of Oilers fans.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Guy just came off a 100 pt season where he was excellent, and where the lines he was on were often very good. They weren’t this round and that is on him, Hyman and Mcdavid for the performance early coupled with la doing An excellent job in them. But don’t say nothing works with RNH it’s absolutely not true.

Was talking specifically about playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad