Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion: Round 1 - Kings @ Oilers II: The Rematch

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Victor000

Dec 23, 2022
McDavid and Draisaitl living rent free in LA fans heads.

Weve proven we can beat them at their own game this year. Should be a fun series. Two good teams.
I dunno. That booing whenever McDavid touches the puck would probably given me a lot of sleepless nights. :sarcasm:

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Remember seeing this concert on ITV in the 70's Farewell to Kings was a classic album, jmo their best. A lot of people pick other works but with this and Xanadu, Closer to the Heart, nothing better. Just cited this song in the GDT last week.
AFTK is certainly up there. I'd probably have 2112 and maybe a few others higher, but certainly debatable. In any case my personal top 7 or 8 albums of all time consist solely of Rush, so the order doesn't matter as much haha.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
This is probably the team I wanted to face the least. I really hope the Oilers keep up their strong play, we are a better team than last year, but so are they.
That's fair, but the Oilers have more talent, depth and toughness, so I'm not too worried. There are a lot of big mean customers on this Oilers team, the Kings will get tired of the physicality quickly.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That's fair, but the Oilers have more talent, depth and toughness, so I'm not too worried. There are a lot of big mean customers on this Oilers team, the Kings will get tired of the physicality quickly.
I mean the Oilers did last year too and the Kings came perilously close to winning the series. I don't think this one goes the distance but the Oilers have to focus on the team in front of them. Every game they lost in that series they fell behind the 8-ball early and had to catch up.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I mean the Oilers did last year too and the Kings came perilously close to winning the series. I don't think this one goes the distance but the Oilers have to focus on the team in front of them. Every game they lost in that series they fell behind the 8-ball early and had to catch up.
But this year's Oilers team is ALOT better and deeper. They know who the Kings are and won't be surprised in the slightest.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMG_7210.jpeg

IMG_7209.jpeg

Recap of last years series and how we lost Game 1.

I bet Skinner won’t be serving up piping hot pizzas down the middle in the last 5 minutes of the game this year.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007

I bet Skinner won’t be serving up piping hot pizzas down the middle in the last 5 minutes of the game this year.

Skinner is a rookie tho… if we go deep I’m sure theres at least one bad game in there. Hopefully everyone, especially Skinner, doesn’t take it too hard

Reactions: nally and ujju2

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Easier matchup this year imo. Last year their gameplan was to cycle heavily, and Duncan Keith was the only dman actually capable of reading and breaking it up.

This year we have Ekholm, VD and a couple more defensive forwards. Bouchard also is reading the boards better.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
View attachment 688303

View attachment 688304

The team was also hot garbage for most of Game 1. We also basically handed them Games 4 and 5 with bizarre no shows, Game 4 in particular. Some odd coaching decisions too, I’m still dumbfounded at Woodcroft starting Keith and Kulak on his off side in Game 5 OT. Unsurprisingly that lead to a GA immediately.

I don’t think that will be an issue this year (or at least it better not be).

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think the Kings are a good team.

I think their biggest (and only real) weakness is honestly McLellan. Good regular season coach. But history shows that hes not really able to adapt in a 7 game playoff series. He will get the Kings playing at a B+ level. They need special individual performances to rise above that.

As long as the Oilers dont beat themselves, they have a really good chance at winning. Scoring first is also huge.

Seems like Woodcroft has McLellans number, at the end of last round and the last few matchups.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Not going to be an easy out. But in the end we take them.

LA bullied us last year a bit outside the Kane line, this year we are going to bully them. That’s going to be the difference.

It’s going to take a 60 min effort though. We are going to have to play physical style of hockey/playoff hockey. Going to be fun!

Can’t wait to cheer these boys live for game 1

We're getting useless Singh.
Singh sucks so bad, shouldn’t even be a option

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Can't wait to see Kopitar and Danault "shut down" McDavid just like last year--maybe they'll be able to hold him to a mere point per game this time lol.

In all honesty, the Oilers are rolling and I think they still have another gear.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Korpisalo was getting unraveled after starting hot for the Kings. They still don't have a goalie.

In playoffs that is a big deal. We might have lucked out not getting the Jets. The only easier matchup than the Kings was probably the Kraken

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad