Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion: Round 1 - Kings @ Oilers II: The Rematch

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Very true. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, is likely the days. Maybe they will cut us a break on Sunday night, but probably not. Didn’t we play late on Sunday’s last year.

I feel like all of our games were 8-8:30 start times which made for some late nights.
We also started off Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday last year which was quite crappy for my productivity lol. At least we get the Friday night game

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
LA is pretty good but I just think the Oilers are better. They’re not gonna take the Kings lightly either, they’re on a mission.

We go all the way this year. I fully believe in this team. McDavid will hold that Cup proudly above his head and this awesome team will be immortalized on the Cup
Believe!!! Yes!!!

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
The Kings will be singing this soon...

Oh, carry home my broken bones and lay me down to rest Forty days of cries and moans i guess I've failed to pass the test I've been sent away not a thing to say I'm banished from the fold I'm a fallen angel who's lost his wings and left out in the cold Ooooh l.a. connection

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Let’s go!!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: nally and TB12

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Not the first round match I wanted, the Kings make you work for your offense and they'll take a chunk out of you, reducing wear and tear is so important for going deep.

I have us winning in 6. I think we'll outplay them in 4 of the 6 games, in 2 games they'll outplay us, but our superior skill will allow us to win one we don't deserve to win and the refs will likely gift them a game in the series.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
At least we won't have to watch Duncan Keith giving games away this time. Nurse and Draisaitl starting the series with both legs. Actual depth forwards on the roster. Simultaneously bigger and more skilled than last spring. Should be the favorites if officiating from last year doesn't revert. If they go back to letting teams use McDavid as a ski-doo then who knows.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Remember seeing this concert on ITV in the 70's Farewell to Kings was a classic album, jmo their best. A lot of people pick other works but with this and Xanadu, Closer to the Heart, nothing better. Just cited this song in the GDT last week.
I agree...so good.
You have to listen to it from front to back to really appreciate it IMO.

Same goes for Permanent Waves.

• Love
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Think LA takes one from us, probably on the LeBron and Kawaii warmed ice in LA. They're a better team than they were last year, healthier than last year too with more depth and an underrated star in Fiala (though his health is still a question mark). Goaltending has questions just as it did last year (maybe more). Todd Mac will have issues line matching McD and Drai with Danault/Kopitar on the road, and our (how?!) improved depth might get us a game in LAK.

We're just a wagon right now, especially against the Pacific.

Reactions: dsi

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
The oilers have been playing very inspired hockey and all they need is to keep that going to win.

For as good as LA has been they are also a low key mess imo. A trap team that leaks goals, with a high powered offense missing their scorer. Our forecheckers are going to hammer LA's Dmen every minute and they can't really do much about it unless we are giving the puck away

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I really hope the team brings the same attitude into the playoffs that they have had the last month or so.

If we want to go far in the playoffs, we need to finish opponents off as quickly as possible. Playoffs are a grind and the longer it goes, the more chance of injuries.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
As long as goaltending holds up we should have the advantage skater wise. Hopefully that dirty f*** Mikey Anderson stays injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad