SERIES DISCUSSION: Metro Semis | Pens vs. Rangers | Pt. 2 - Turn it up to 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

penspenspens

Feb 2, 2014
It's really bad that we're sure we're gonna loose against a team with Glass on the roster. Imagine a year ago if someone'd said, "next year Glass's gonna be on a team that'll whip you in the playoffs".

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh
Even if we don't agree about the stats, this is a great place to talk about hockey. I think it's funny that all the mainstream guys are so terrified of this board.

When I write something, and it gets a response here, I always find out whether or not I did a good job and what I could have done better.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Even if we don't agree about the stats, this is a great place to talk about hockey. I think it's funny that all the mainstream guys are so terrified of this board.

When I write something, and it gets a response here, I always find out whether or not I did a good job and what I could have done better.

Thanks Jesse. We really appreciate you discussing hockey here with us and being open to direct comments and feedback. You analysis and insights definitely add to the conversation here.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Well, I think the "Pittsburgh Sports Media" threads are an outgrowth of one that was originally titled "**** Rossi, Yohe, Madden, Anderson and these ****ing hacks" or something to that extent, so I can understand their "fear." Rossi, in particular, about whom rarely a positive thing is said.

Then again, it's not like twitter is any friendlier of a place for journos.

Sideline

May 23, 2004

Not to sound like a sycophant, but I suspect you're not as upset by criticism from us because you understand hockey. When you read some other media guys it's clear they couldn't diagram a double swing breakout to save their lives.

Intelligent people can disagree whether the Penguins should run a 2-3 press forecheck or a passive 1-2-2. I'm not convinced many of the mainstream writers know the difference.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

This place can be ever so unforgiving, it would take incredible courage to come out here and lay it on the line.

Glad you have some, Jesse.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Who is more terrified? This board of the Scuderi/Lovejoy possible pairing. Or Rossi of this board?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Chorney is a better #6 than Scuderi, which would be awesome if Scuderi weren't the #3

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Let's relax with Chorney a bit here. He's a journeyman. A couple of good games does not a career make. There really is no good reason why he should be playing ahead of Scott Harrington...except this is the Pittsburgh Penguins, where veterans and journeymen AHLers are always the preferred taste.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Let's relax with Chorney a bit here. He's a journeyman. A couple of good games does not a career make. There really is no good reason why he should be playing ahead of Scott Harrington...except this is the Pittsburgh Penguins, where veterans and journeymen AHLers are always the preferred taste.

I disagree, Jags. When I watched WBS this year Dumoulin-Chorney was a better pair than Dumoulin-Harrington. This is coming from Harrington's biggest fan on these boards after RRP. I think Harrington will be the best player in the long run, but if you pretend like the Penguins have a chance to win this series then Dumoulin-Chorney is the right choice.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I disagree, Jags. When I watched WBS this year Dumoulin-Chorney was a better pair than Dumoulin-Harrington. This is coming from Harrington's biggest fan on these boards after RRP. I think Harrington will be the best player in the long run, but if you pretend like the Penguins have a chance to win this series then Dumoulin-Chorney is the right choice.

And that's the problem. We should be playing our future, giving them a taste of the NHL playoffs against a top team.

Chorney will be in the KHL next year. Who cares.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
And that's the problem. We should be playing our future, giving them a taste of the NHL playoffs against a top team.

Chorney will be in the KHL next year. Who cares.

I take your point. I just think MJ does have a legit reason for this roster choice. He's got to coach to win now.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Taking bets on how many goals the media says Despres would have let in if he wasn't traded.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I live in reality. Scuderi gets scratched when DK admits Lovejoy has been a tire fire.

Hey, i live in reality, too, but I'm just saying relying in those two isnt coaching to win. It's safe, in-the-box thinking that will get them ousted.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010

You are one of us and not a media shill. Rossi is a ****ing idiot and we would call him out on it. Your work is great and has been for years even before you hit it as a guy in the media.

I still wouldn't be shocked if Rossi's not Dear Diary still wiping his mouth off to Adams, Shero, and Bylsma.

Wish you the best Jesse. You should post more often here :)

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Hey, i live in reality, too, but I'm just saying relying in those two isnt coaching to win. It's safe, in-the-box thinking that will get them ousted.

Let's just put it this way: if I were coaching the 3rd pair would include at most one of Lovejoy or Scuderi.

Knowing that's never going to happen the best combination of Chorney, Harrington, and Dumoulin to make up a pairing is the one MJ is going with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad