Post-Game Talk: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 4 (NYR WIN 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Skjei getting that few minutes is weird, considering the past few ganes. Did he get injured or something? Have a huge gaff?

Seems out of left-field, even for AV.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Skjei getting that few minutes is weird, considering the past few ganes. Did he got injured or something? Have a huge gaff?

Seems out of left-field, even for AV.

I'm thinking he had to have gotten hurt. AV seems to trust Skjei so idk why he would sit him even if he made a gaffe or something.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
If the Other 2 Eastern series wrap up today, anyone know when second round will start?

if they both ended today, i'd probably say Wednesday.

would think they would put the two West series on first, because they've been finished for longer and they actually have good times for the games; one at 8pm, the other at 9:30 or 10pm EST.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
He played under 2 minutes in the 3rd period and didn't see the ice again with 9 minutes left.

He got hurt, there's no way he would bench him like that when Staal-Holden were terrible. Again, I didn't see a terrible gaff that would lead to a benching, unless he crop dusted AV and pissed him off.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Like I said,
Kreider was uneven, but
his speed and presence in front of net was critical to our wins

Kreider has been one of our worst players this series. Aside from that deflected shot that ended up on Zib's stick in OT of game 5, none of what he has done was positive. You see what you want to see

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Kreider definitely didn't have a great series. We need more from him and a few other guys in the next round.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Happy with my prediction of Rangers in 6 before the start of the series :)

Also, anyone notice Maloney call Ott a jerk*** on the radio feed haha? He was getting fired up!

Maloney is low-key a savage. I remember a few weeks back it was mentioned that Brooksie brought his grandson around one day, and Maloney said "thank god he doesn't look anything like him." Also told Kenny that he has a face for radio.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
d016511d3a.jpg

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
He got hurt, there's no way he would bench him like that when Staal-Holden were terrible. Again, I didn't see a terrible gaff that would lead to a benching, unless he crop dusted AV and pissed him off.

I don't know, I don't put it beyond our coach to bench the young guy and play Staal-Holden.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Totally agree. They were playing like they thought they were the Broad Street Bullies. Backfired on Shaw in particular.

Julien's tactics almost worked. The Rangers were too involved in over hitting their opponents instead of outplaying them. Over 100 hits in game 3 was excessive. AV made an adjustment - good for him.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Julien's tactics almost worked. The Rangers were too involved in over hitting their opponents instead of outplaying them. Over 100 hits in game 3 was excessive. AV made an adjustment - good for him.
I think Zucc was the only one who indulged their tomfoolery too much.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
if they both ended today, i'd probably say Wednesday.

would think they would put the two West series on first, because they've been finished for longer and they actually have good times for the games; one at 8pm, the other at 9:30 or 10pm EST.

NHL generally does not start the next round early until the finals. It will be Friday or Saturday. If both end today, hopefully we at least get the schedules tonight, tomorrow morning.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I think Zucc was the only one who indulged their tomfoolery too much.

I think he lets annoyances get to him when he feel he's not playing well enough, plus his playstyle kinda entails him being somewhat angry all the time.

Goes to show for the 1st intermission when he stood up and adressed the team before the 2nd period, how frustrated he can become.

I'm glad he took it out in good play instead of batting opponents with his stick this time

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Looks like we're taking the Canadian Tour this year. Bring our A game against Le Chiffre's trap game and maybe we'll see the Leafs in the conference final.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
3 stars last game
Hank
Zuc
Hayes
in that order

The big guys [+ Zuc who plays big] stepped up. Stepan did not

Kreider uneven but overall very productive
Zib a visible force
JT binding glue getting it done
and Hayes capped off breakout year with best game

Everyone who is ridiculing me to keep our young vets with size/speed/power, get a grip.

THIS is our future, THESE Rangers

Not Stepan

"uneven" but very productive

what does that even mean? how can you defend his play in that series?

two of the guys you want to trade most, nash and zucc, were two of our best forwards for the whole series

but yeah jt miller and zibanejad carried us :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce