Post-Game Talk: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 4 (NYR WIN 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Bruins fan coming in peace.

Thank you from the bottom of my Black & Gold heart for destroying those whining diving disgraces to hockey.

:bow: :yo:

Block More Shots

Jul 19, 2005
NJ
Happy with my prediction of Rangers in 6 before the start of the series :)

Also, anyone notice Maloney call Ott a jerk*** on the radio feed haha? He was getting fired up!

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
Bruins fan coming in peace.

Thank you from the bottom of my Black & Gold heart for destroying those whining diving disgraces to hockey.

:bow: :yo:
Your welcome and just for the record when the habs ans bruins play each other I always pull for the bruins...I can't stand the Habs and their whining fans in the bell centre

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Forgive me for predicting the Habs in 5 or 6. My crow is delectable.

You guys have to understand...I am a fan from back during the late '70s, the year we lost to Mtl in the Cup Final. I still have nightmares about that series. LOL!!

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Forgive me for predicting the Habs in 5 or 6. My crow is delectable.

You guys have to understand...I am a fan from back during the late '70s, the year we lost to Mtl in the Cup Final. I still have nightmares about that series. LOL!!

Sure, but haven't we beaten them in the last 3 series we've faced them now?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Your welcome and just for the record when the habs ans bruins play each other I always pull for the bruins...I can't stand the Habs and their whining fans in the bell centre

Stop by our board next time we play them we love hearing from our fellow Hab haters! :nod:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
AV benching Skjei and leaning on Staal and Holden to defend a lead is concerning but at least it didn't cost them this time

I noticed this too. AV went down to 5 defensemen with McDonagh double shifting.

If anything, he should've went down to 4 defensemen with Staal-Holden benched.

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
The biggest takeaway for me in this series is they faced a team that tried to punch them in the mouth and they responded by hitting back even harder.

Outside of Washington, there aren't any thug squads remaining. I hope they don't stop playing abrasively though, especially if they end up facing Pittsburgh down the line.

Ottawa certainly has some skill, but they also have some big dudes. I expect them to try to hit us hard if they win their series. Boston just doesn't have the bodies to play that game right now.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Weird, NBCSN has a Liverpool game on for me.

Hmmm. I'm watching it on Dish. Also, I'm in Florida. Maybe that has something to do with it.

On Zucc's second goal, Hayes made all around great plays but what was really great was before he got into the slot to make the amazing pass to Zucc, he was behind the net and Price tried to cover the puck to stop play but Hayes knocked it out of his glove and play continued.

Great work.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams.

Let's please make it look like winning is something we do all the time.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I would claim political asylum in the USA if I'm a member of the Habs or their front office. No way would I want to face the Montreal media today.

This headline says: "The end already." And two kebab platters for $25 Canadian is a great deal, lol.

CAN_JM.jpg

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Watching Lundqvist celebrate a playoff game win never gets old. I could watch a loop of it over and over.

Oh. And jeez, the replay was on NHL Network. Not NBCSN. Sorry!

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I really agree with the premise that a team just tried to punch the Rangers in the face repeatedly (literally and figuratively) and NYR withstood it, absorbed it, gave it right back and won.
Beating the Canadiens is always uplifting to my soul, but having them load up with muscle and thinking they could pummel the Rangers into submission, and failing, well that is just a new high for me.
The Habs players will be scrutinized and criticized like no others upon returning to Montreal, but the smart folks and beat reporters will look upstairs for answers to pointed questions.
Montreal is one tough place to be when you do not succeed.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I really agree with the premise that a team just tried to punch the Rangers in the face repeatedly (literally and figuratively) and NYR withstood it, absorbed it, gave it right back and won.
Beating the Canadiens is always uplifting to my soul, but having them load up with muscle and thinking they could pummel the Rangers into submission, and failing, well that is just a new high for me.
The Habs players will be scrutinized and criticized like no others upon returning to Montreal, but the smart folks and beat reporters will look upstairs for answers to pointed questions.
Montreal is one tough place to be when you do not succeed.
Totally agree. They were playing like they thought they were the Broad Street Bullies. Backfired on Shaw in particular.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
I'm not familiar with their arena seating, but that seems like a very good price for lower level seats to a game 7.

Corner 25 rows or so off the glass. Bought before schedule is released guessing it would be a weekend. Glad it wasn't played as I'd never make it on a Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad