Post-Game Talk: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 4 (NYR WIN 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The whole situation sucks and needs to suck less.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

lol. pretty much this. sucks not knowing how your team is going to come out for game 4 on home ice after being embarrassed in game 3 with plenty of no shows.
thats what sucks. It should be without doubt or question that this team would come out with fire but its a big question mark.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
I'm at a loss, I mean I don't see the problem being down 2-1. You do remember , we have Rick Nash.:shakehead:shakehead. And AV giving us direction.:help::help:

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Still so frustrated with the way we lost Game 2. But clearly the players weren't or else they wouldn't have come out with last night's effort. They took the mentality of "not even remembering how we lost" or whatever nonsense AV was spewing.

If we win Game 2 last night would've pretty much been a throwaway. A letdown would've been expected coming off two high octane wins on the road. Now the Canadiens have an avalanche of momentum and it might be too much to stop.

We pretty much have to accept that this team isn't winning a Cup anytime soon. The only way to win in today's NHL is with a bonafide franchise generational player. Probably two. Maybe even three.

Those players are only available via a top 1-3 draft pick. The Rangers being a perennial playoff team haven't sniffed the top 5 in over a decade and the one top 10 pick we had we botched majorly.

It's all about youth and speed, we're bogged down with nearly $20 million in old, slow, dead weight in Nash, Staal and Girardi.

And the minimal amount of youth and speed we have is being horribly managed by our braindead dickwad of a coach.

We're stuck in mediocrity. Not good enough to win a Cup, not bad enough to get the generational talent we desperately need.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Still so frustrated with the way we lost Game 2. But clearly the players weren't or else they wouldn't have come out with last night's effort. They took the mentality of "not even remembering how we lost" or whatever nonsense AV was spewing.

If we win Game 2 last night would've pretty much been a throwaway. A letdown would've been expected coming off two high octane wins on the road. Now the Canadiens have an avalanche of momentum and it might be too much to stop.

We pretty much have to accept that this team isn't winning a Cup anytime soon. The only way to win in today's NHL is with a bonafide franchise generational player. Probably two. Maybe even three.

Those players are only available via a top 1-3 draft pick. The Rangers being a perennial playoff team haven't sniffed the top 5 in over a decade and the one top 10 pick we had we botched majorly.

It's all about youth and speed, we're bogged down with nearly $20 million in old, slow, dead weight in Nash, Staal and Girardi.

And the minimal amount of youth and speed we have is being horribly managed by our braindead dickwad of a coach.

We're stuck in mediocrity. Not good enough to win a Cup, not bad enough to get the generational talent we desperately need.

We've had a bonafide generational talent for the last 12 years, the organization has largely failed in building around him. We've gone as far as we have in the past (2012, 2014, 2015) basically on his back completely.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Only took...6 months.

On a related note there's a guy on youtube who dubs over those infomercials and plays weird games and says/does the most random and ridiculous things and it's hilarious because of the seemingly serious and monotone voice. I feel like AV and co try to do this in real life.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Tbh I think the right thing is happening.

Those in charge need to realize that change has to happen.

I'm not going to bring myself to hope they lose, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
unfortunately we need a generational talent or two that can score goals when we need them most and unfortunately Hank can't do that (2014 stanley cup finals).

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
We've had a bonafide generational talent for the last 12 years, the organization has largely failed in building around him. We've gone as far as we have in the past (2012, 2014, 2015) basically on his back completely.

I meant an offensive player of that kind. Goaltending around the league is on the rise. Nearly every team currently has a goalie that is capable of backing their team to a Cup or has a top goalie prospect on the way.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I was watching some of the Habs when they would fall down along the boards while attempting to win a puck battle , they were working harder and winning more battles on their KNEES than our guys were winning standing up . No effort = no wins .

No leadership/grit in nasty areas/muckability on this club anymore nor has there been for years say what you want . Maybe a few truculent boys would help . Go find some Hunters/Sutters/G Roberts types . Girardi did have some at one time but he is done now and outside of our little guy Zucc we have zilch up front and only Smith on the backend . I highly doubt he will stay here after watching the help he would get here with nobody having his back.

You cannot win first round match ups with finesse . Even the Penguins knew that as did the Habs who added with an eye to that aspect . Then again...AV is not a playoff guru by any stretch of the imagination . Any wins while here he can thank the King for . Certainly was not from his guidance .

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

I agree with you. im just scared of the real "mediocrity" this team may incur and that means missing the playoffs by 4 or 5 points year after year like the dark ages. never bottoming out totally. call me crazy or selfish but i still rather make the playoffs than just missing them by 5 or 6 points year after year.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And McDonagh is an awful captain.

Forget captain, McDonagh has been a lousy player for the better part of three years but nobody wants to admit it.

Although, I'm willing to give McDonagh a chance and see what he can do without the three aforementioned national treasures on the team.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
i could be wrong but staals buy out is ridiculous and win or lose this series he isn't going anywhere and even if av was fired will the next coach put him in the press box? i doubt it. but hey he sucks, av sucks, everyone sucks so lets keep them all together and lets be a bottom 5 team cause we suck. get a top 3 pick for next 2 years and pray they pan out. (pavel brendl flashback)

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
No AV, no Girardi, no Staal.

You go from there and see what you have.

All three are back next year if we win this series.

I don't disagree, but, I also think if this series ends quickly, we l're lookng at more turnover than what you're suggesting. Frankly, Skjei and Smith are the only Dmen I could see as not being vulnerable. I wouldn't expect McDonagh to be moved, by like Stepan and Zucc, he would have a lot of value on the trade market. And Hayes has been a playoff washout for a third straight year.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Anyone else feel like that goal with 17 seconds left ended the series right there?

In hindsight it looks that way, but at the time I was hopeful they'd come out and put good pressure on in OT. But once we came out in OT and looked even worse than we had in the 3rd and had maybe 1 or 2 chances maximum on Price, I got was more pessimistic. Then of course we got scored on and lost.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't disagree, but, I also think if this series ends quickly, we l're lookng at more turnover than what you're suggesting. Frankly, Skjei and Smith are the only Dmen I could see as not being vulnerable. I wouldn't expect McDonagh to be moved, by like Stepan and Zucc, he would have a lot of value on the trade market. And Hayes has been a playoff washout for a third straight year.

he wasn't great in 2014-2015 playoff push but he at least had a pulse but hes regressed for sure. Also just bringing up for debate why does he get bashed harder than lets say zibby? they are about the same age. zibby has actually played more hockey but yet people say he has more time to figure it out.
is it we just don't like hayes as a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce