Game Analysis: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 3 (MTL leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
I'm just saying that "NYR's play gave them no reason to cheer" is a garbage reason.

We should be loud and supporting our club as long as the game is in reach.

I'm not trying to say that the team sucks at home cause the building isn't loud, I just don't accept the fans cop out of "nothing to cheer for"

We have a world class goaltender and a team that gives us playoff hockey every year... everyone should be proud to be at these games, not every team has what we have.

It was scoreless in the 2nd last night and it sounded like we were down 3-0. Just sad.

100% agree with you on that.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
If AV is in fact going back to Staal-Holden, he has to recognize that they are by far the worst pair. And he needs to deploy them as such. Shelter their minutes and make sure they get the easiest matchups and least amount of time. Use them as the true 3rd pair.

He can't hesitate to give Skjei-Smith 2nd pair matchups and minutes. Get over whatever obsession he has with Staal-Holden and play Skjei-Smith the minutes and matchups they can handle and should be playing.

He won't.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'd be fine with Staal Holden if they were playing 15 mins tops a night.

Why we aren't going 27 mins with mcdonagh and 25 mins with Skjei is beyond me

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn
According to SNY these are the lines practicing

12:06PM: At Rangers practice on Monday they are using the following lines (Cyrgalis)

Jimmy Vesey, Derek Stepan, Rick Nash
Chris Kreider, Mika Zibanejad, Tanner Glass/Pavel Buchnevich
JT Miller, Kevin Hayes, Mats Zuccarello
Michael Grabner, Oscar Lindberg, Jesper Fast

Glass: 2nd line beast

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I passed out last night and couldn't fight with all of you in my sleep. Scrub stuff, I know.

The team is what it is and the coach is also what it is. I don't trsut the defensive pairings and decisions but it's all they have and I doubt they're going to put guys in with no NHL experience, because that's just how it goes unless you're Charlie McAvoy or Chris Kreider I guess. Either way we're in the **** now so the only thing left to do is wait and see and hope our guys don't barrage with bogus scripted answers and get back in game 4 and play the damn game like it's their building.

Whatever it takes for them to get into line now, too.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Letting Stralman go was the start of this team's unravelling.

100% this!

Also, I have now rewatched the game and I still want to punch through my screen watching Klein "defend" on the Radulov goal.

Klein could have easily prevented that goal but instead he casually skated and watched it all unfold.

What the **** is wrong with these guys! You are playing a playoff game on home ice! Show some ****ing pride!!!!

Never a good sign when the fans care more than the ****ing players.

Sorry for rant but I am truly pissed at the team and the way theY conduct themselves. Also **** you ****ing piece of **** AV!!!!

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Maybe the guys, like all of us on this board, recognized how badly AV blew Game 2 and they're just done with him. It's really not that far-fetched.

They know they have no shot at beating Pittsburgh, let alone even keep pace with them, and a run to the ECF buys AV more time. One and done and Gorton has to highly consider giving AV the boot.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
Like seeing Vesey and Nash together even if Steps hasn't played his best.
Miller-Hayes-Zucc, I can feel the one too many passes happening with Hayes continuing to be complacent. hope for the best.

0-10 on PP, is there any chance AV will switch up some personnel to get them going?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't know what to make of Kreider-Zibanejad-(Glass and Buchnevich rotating)

Either that's the second line and Buchnevich is in or that's the 4th line and Glass is in. Probably the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad