Game Analysis: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 3 (MTL leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
The "Clendening is too soft to play" narrative is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. We give up shots and goals at a lower rate when he's on the ice than just about anyone. That's all that should matter at the end of the day.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
It's really infuriating watching Skjei and Smith play so well only to have Staal and Holden get the tougher minutes and fail spectacularly. But hey, they're vets so it's okay!

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
McDonagh - Smith
Skjei - Clendening
Klein - Girardi

3rd pairing needs to be sent into orbit in the offseason but for now that is the best we could hope for.

SnowFort

Mar 5, 2017
I'm frustrated.

....Yeah that's about it. I want so much for this team, but some changes need to happen for that, and I really doubt those changes happen this season.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Well that sucked.

Changes need to be made on defense. At the very least, Staal /Holden need to take a back seat and Sjkei/Smith need to be leaned on more heavily.

The offense is frustrating and inconsistent. Only Nash, zuccarello, and Miller played with any consistentcy in the top 9. Montreal's centers suck but they are outplaying Stepan/zibanejad/Hayes who have largely been MIA along with Kreider. The team needs a lot more from those guys.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I would swap Clendening in for Holden and give Clendening/Staal sheltered minutes. Klein is evidently too hurt to be an option atm.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The "Clendening is too soft to play" narrative is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. We give up shots and goals at a lower rate when he's on the ice than just about anyone. That's all that should matter at the end of the day.

Im not a big alternative stats guy but Clendo is not soft. One of the things that made me like him was he has some push back in his game. He showed a little more bite than othe dmen. Id like him to play but that is unlikely.

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
That sequence with Hank going behind the goal line was crazy. It's so cool seeing vintage Hank performances at 35 years old.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Well that sucked.

Changes need to be made on defense. At the very least, Staal /Holden need to take a back seat and Sjkei/Smith need to be leaned on more heavily.

The offense is frustrating and inconsistent. Only Nash, zuccarello, and Miller played with any consistentcy in the top 9. Montreal's centers suck but they are outplaying Stepan/zibanejad/Hayes who have largely been MIA along with Kreider. The team needs a lot more from those guys.

Pretty much agreed with all of this. Staal/Holden were terrible in game 1 but the team got away with it. They were terrible again last night. Playing them as the 2nd pair at this point is just insanity. Holden should take a seat for game 3 as there's no way they take Staal out.

I would swap Clendening in for Holden and give Clendening/Staal sheltered minutes. Klein is evidently too hurt to be an option atm.

As much as I want Clendening in, there's just no way he gets in. They'd seriously go to Kampfer before him which is absurd. Where did you see Klein is hurt?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Clendening throwing shade at the organization is so hilarious. He knows he is better than 60% of the teams defensemen, and yet he is sitting in the box

Also, Carpinello is an idiot, and him being given a platform to spew garbage on MSG was a terrible decision by them.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Clendening throwing shade at the organization is so hilarious. He knows he is better than 60% of the teams defensemen, and yet he is sitting in the box

Also, Carpinello is an idiot, and him being given a platform to spew garbage on MSG was a terrible decision by them.

Nah, definitely wouldn't say the NHL. As long as Clendo stays away from any team AV is at, he'll get a chance to play.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Carp saying this kind of stuff as a MSG employee is a bad way to go in my opinion.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Bench Staal for Kampfer.

SK can't defend but neither can Staal. His ability to skate the puck out of trouble and make a clean pass would be an upgrade over MRSA.

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
Where did you see Klein is hurt?

Deductive reasoning. He's been dealing with back issues since mid-season and there is just no way AV would go without him in G1 or G2 if he was available.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

What did he say?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I really wonder what Clendening is like behind the scenes that he has such a negative stigma around him. The guy is a really good 3rd pairing offensive defenseman. He's young and can still improve his game. I'm not fully confident he can he be a second pairing guy without some improvements in his skating and strength, but there's no reason that he can't be a 3rd pairing dman for most teams in the league. He's a good 2nd unit powerplay qb option too.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tough loss last night. I am still optimistic but being up 2-0 has a little bit nicer of a ring to it than being tied. Lol

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Tough loss last night. I am still optimistic but being up 2-0 has a little bit nicer of a ring to it than being tied. Lol

It's like this team is just allergic to being up 2-0 in a series. They never make it easy on themselves..

Rangers may still and probably still win this series, but it'll take 7 games to do it...:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad