Game Analysis: SERIES DISCUSSION: ADSF | Rangers vs. Canadiens Pt. 3 (MTL leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Doesn't matter if your in the right. This is a team sport. He has attitude problems. Subban got traded away for attitude problems. This isn't neighborhood chatter this is the NHL. Your getting paid to be a professional.

Lol at Subban having attitude problems.

That was the excuse Montreal management made as to why he got traded.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
If he leaves the Rangers, this will be the 5th team in 3 years that did not appreciate his greatness.

Because this franchise has done a great job at evaluating defensive talent recently?

Dan Girardi - six year extension and a NMC, surgically attached to McDonagh
Marc Staal - six year extension and a NMC, never drops out of the top 4, plays on the top pairing when Girardi is unavailable
Anton Stralman - didn't even try to keep
Keith Yandle - buried on the third pair and then lost him for almost nothing
Nick Holden - consistently plays more minutes than Brady Skjei and Brendan Smith

Yeah, I trust these guys to know which defensemen are actually good.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I don't know who Zil is.

Who gives a ****? There's no rational argument against Clendo. None.

5v5 Points/60
Clendening: 1.25
Girardi: 0.59
Staal: 0.45

5v5 CF%
Clendening: 56.41%
Girardi: 44.06%
Staal: 46.91%

5v5 xGF%
Clendening: 54.83%
Girardi: 47.85%
Staal: 47.94%

5v5 GF%
Clendening: 52.94%
Girardi: 46.75%
Staal: 51.06%

We score more of the goals and shoot more of the shots when Clendo plays. End of story.

He is the poster who originally posted this.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm looking at Clendening as an alternative option to what we have now: Holden who's been a trainwreck since January on his offside, Klein who has a bad back, and Steve Kampfer who I don't think is that good. I don't expect Staal to come out of the lineup. To me, Clendening is the better option when you view it in that scope. The other 5 guys can handle PKing duties, McD and Skjei can run the powerplay, and Clendening gets 3rd pairing 5v5 minutes. He's one of the few guys I think would help break Julien's heavy neutral zone lock by being able to move the puck crisply and smoothly.

No one should think he's gonna jump into top-pairing minutes and replace Girardi, who I've been very happy about these past two games. That's just silly.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Because this franchise has done a great job at evaluating defensive talent recently?

Marc Staal - six year extension and a NMC, never drops out of the top 4, plays on the top pairing when Girardi is unavailable
Nick Holden - consistently plays more minutes than Brady Skjei and Brendan Smith

I wonder if there will be a day when people realize that almost everyone in hockey management positions are former players with a sub 90 IQ
and not a hint of business experience.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY

You are on FIRE today, Zil!

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
I'm done discussing about a player that won't sniff the lineup. I'm guessing they didn't have a practice due to traveling? That benefits HF so they can keep criticizing AV until he takes holden out of the lineup. :laugh:

Glad to see Nash score. Sick of people saying he isn't a playoff preformer.

The key to game 3 will be getting on the board quicky and the need to convert on the PP. MTL won't be able to get away with what they did at the Bell.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If he leaves the Rangers, this will be the 5th team in 3 years that did not appreciate his greatness.

Maybe read my post. I called him a 6 or 7D, I just don't think he's as bad as AV thinks. Kampfer's not even good in Hartford. What business does he have playing over Clendening?

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Gee what a terrible idea. Pair a dman with Staal that can chip a puck out and prevent himself from getting pinned in his own zone constantly.

How can anyone watching the staal-Holden pair think it's a good idea to keep playing them together? If you aren't going to play clendening or Klein in place of Holden then you need to split them up and pair them with some one that can move the puck.

We lost that game BC AV is stubborn and the staal-Holden pairing who had no problem icing be puck constantly during the regular season couldn't clear the zone if their lives depended on it.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'm done discussing about a player that won't sniff the lineup. I'm guessing they didn't have a practice due to traveling? That benefits HF so they can keep criticizing AV until he takes holden out of the lineup. :laugh:

Glad to see Nash score. Sick of people saying he isn't a playoff preformer.

Yup, as long as AV is here, he won't. Very unfortunate...

And I've always thought Nash is good enough in the playoffs, he just can't usually score:laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This would be my defense for the next game.

McD-G
Skjei-Smith
Staal-Klein

If Klein can't go, put in Clendening. I don't want to see Holden next game.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
This would be my defense for the next game.

McD-G
Skjei-Smith
Staal-Klein

If Klein can't go, put in Clendening. I don't want to see Holden next game.

Exactly. This is all people are asking for, simply for AV to just Holden accountable for that tire fire of a game. He's the reason we aren't up 2-0 heading into tomorrow. Plain and simple.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Exactly. This is all people are asking for, simply for AV to just Holden accountable for that tire fire of a game. He's the reason we aren't up 2-0 heading into tomorrow. Plain and simple.

Hold Staal accountable too for being a ****ing abomination, also

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach

100% agree. Also I'm sure you've played the game. Has a coach ever taugh you to go to your damn knees in the crease ever? You lose your stick just tie up the man take a penalty even its 17 damn seconds left in a playoff game.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
100% agree. Also I'm sure you've played the game. Has a coach ever taugh you to go to your damn knees in the crease ever? You lose your stick just tie up the man take a penalty even its 17 damn seconds left in a playoff game.

In juniors we used to practice that. Our coach was a maniac and we had go bat**** crazy drills that were basically put in place for the last 20 seconds if we were up by a goal. It came in handy and almost always paid off. The refs did not know what to do, neither did the opposition

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
It wasn't an excuse. He's know for having attitude problems.

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing a guy who donated 10 million dollars to his charity has attitude problems. It's not an attitude problem to get excited when you score a f**king goal. P.K. Subban has personality so people like to twist it as an attitude problem as to why he got traded. It wasn't. Montreal obviously just believes that Weber is better than Subban(which is funny in it's own right).

Marc Bergevin is the same GM who went out of his way at the deadline to acquire useless pilons like Steve Ott, Andreas Martinsen, and Dwight King.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
In juniors we used to practice that. Our coach was a maniac and we had go bat**** crazy drills that were basically put in place for the last 20 seconds if we were up by a goal. It came in handy and almost always paid off. The refs did not know what to do, neither did the opposition

Holden must of missed all of his junior drilles :shakehead

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing a guy who donated 10 million dollars to his charity has attitude problems. It's not an attitude problem to get excited when you score a f**king goal. P.K. Subban has personality so people like to twist it as an attitude problem as to why he got traded. It wasn't. Montreal obviously just believes that Weber is better than Subban(which is funny in it's own right).

Marc Bergevin is the same GM who went out of his way at the deadline to acquire useless pilons like Steve Ott, Andreas Martinsen, and Dwight King.

You should look into it yourself. You'll be surprised what you learn. :)

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
With regards to Clendening, there seems to be some confusion of "He's probably a better option than Girardi/Holden/Klein" for "We are benching the next Ray Bourque".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad