Post-Game Talk: Series Discussion: 2015-16 ECSF - NY Islanders vs. Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Bishop and Hedman were the scapegoats after game 1 but after that they were excellent. They deserved the #1 and 2 stars today and were the two best players in the series after the clunker. Hedman and Coburn were good together so I wonder if when Stralman comes back he'll be paired someone else. I think we might need to do that against Pittsburgh or Washington since they don't just have one top guy to worry about like the Islanders.

They weren't scapegoats... they had terrible games, and rightfully called out.

They came back and rebounded strongly which is what matters.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
They weren't scapegoats... they had terrible games, and rightfully called out.

They came back and rebounded strongly which is what matters.

Exactly. Hedman was awful in game 5 vs Detroit and game 1 vs NYI. Before and after that he was incredible. Bishop also had an awful game 1 vs NYI. Gave up 2-3 softies. We only lost that game 4-3 if you don't count the empty netter. If he was sharp then we could've had the sweep.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
So impressed with this team, so many of the players delivered!

Bishop - After a poor start he was fantastic, a winner as he always seems able to rebound after weak effort.

Hedman - Also went into beast mode after a poor start, what a dominating display rest of the series, to watch him skate up with the puck is a pleasure!
Garrison - Has taken more responsibility with Strålman out, really solid and so valuable to have.
Coburn - You don't notice him so much, which his great, continues to be solid.
Carle - ..is Carle, though his last game was surprisingly decent.
Sustr - I don't dislike him as much as before, he has improved and is a solid third pairing player but that's about it.
Koekkoek - Liked what I saw, had a really good fourth game.
Tamorina - Not good enough to play at this level.
Nesterov - A disappointment, still better option than Carle but he must improve to have a future in this team.
Witkowski - Didn't play much at all but was alright the few minutes he got.

Kucherov - Amazing, Klutcherov is the perfect nickname!
Johnson - After a tough season with injuries and out of form he steps up when it matters, so important to this team.
Palat - Had a slow start but got better and better, has so much fight and so much skill in him.
Killorn - A power forward that gives skilled players like Kucherov the opportunity to show, also stepped up in a great way.
Filppula- A bit underrated to be honest, while not contributing so much offensively (I think he can step up here) he did a fantastic defensive job.
Drouin - Still makes it a bit hard for himself, which results in costly puck losses but I can forgive him for that, such a brilliant player to create time and space for others.
Callahan - Ended the series in an impressive way, good defensive effort, should do more offensively though.
Boyle - I really like Boyle, such an important role player. stepped up with some important goals, adds a dimension to the team.
Namestnikov - Hmm..expecting more from him, didn't fall out of the frame but didn't impress either, always works hard though.
Paquette - I don't think he should be on the team next year, he isn't good enough.
Blunden - Works hard..and that's it, an AHL player that can join in a game now and then for his work effort.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
^ how can you say Nesterov is a better option than Carle? Nesterov can't play 20 heavy minutes like Carle can, Nesterov can't even play 10 easy ones.

Why do people still call Sustr a decent 3rd pair defender? He's been a solid 2nd pair defender on a team going to the ECF.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
^ how can you say Nesterov is a better option than Carle? Nesterov can't play 20 heavy minutes like Carle can, Nesterov can't even play 10 easy ones.

Why do people still call Sustr a decent 3rd pair defender? He's been a solid 2nd pair defender on a team going to the ECF.

Neither of them should play 20 minutes, Nesterov is more mobile which I find useful as a 7th d-man.

As for Sustr, he is not good enough in his position game nor decision making to be more than a third pairing guy but I can appreciate him in such a role nowadays.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
So impressed with this team, so many of the players delivered!

Bishop - After a poor start he was fantastic, a winner as he always seems able to rebound after weak effort.

Hedman - Also went into beast mode after a poor start, what a dominating display rest of the series, to watch him skate up with the puck is a pleasure!
Garrison - Has taken more responsibility with Strålman out, really solid and so valuable to have.
Coburn - You don't notice him so much, which his great, continues to be solid.
Carle - ..is Carle, though his last game was surprisingly decent.
Sustr - I don't dislike him as much as before, he has improved and is a solid third pairing player but that's about it.
Koekkoek - Liked what I saw, had a really good fourth game.
Tamorina - Not good enough to play at this level.
Nesterov - A disappointment, still better option than Carle but he must improve to have a future in this team.
Witkowski - Didn't play much at all but was alright the few minutes he got.

Kucherov - Amazing, Klutcherov is the perfect nickname!
Johnson - After a tough season with injuries and out of form he steps up when it matters, so important to this team.
Palat - Had a slow start but got better and better, has so much fight and so much skill in him.
Killorn - A power forward that gives skilled players like Kucherov the opportunity to show, also stepped up in a great way.
Filppula- A bit underrated to be honest, while not contributing so much offensively (I think he can step up here) he did a fantastic defensive job.
Drouin - Still makes it a bit hard for himself, which results in costly puck losses but I can forgive him for that, such a brilliant player to create time and space for others.
Callahan - Ended the series in an impressive way, good defensive effort, should do more offensively though.
Boyle - I really like Boyle, such an important role player. stepped up with some important goals, adds a dimension to the team.
Namestnikov - Hmm..expecting more from him, didn't fall out of the frame but didn't impress either, always works hard though.
Paquette - I don't think he should be on the team next year, he isn't good enough.
Blunden - Works hard..and that's it, an AHL player that can join in a game now and then for his work effort.

i like blunden myself he works hard adds size and grit. i agree on paquette hate it but hes at his ceiling imho and we got better options only reason he is not passed is him being a center

hope richard gets a shot

nesterov has became a train wreck at times but after watching sustr's improvement will hope he gets it when hits 200 something games like sustr did

koekkoek i think right now can take garrisons spot period and yep know get arguments on that one but watch this kid play hes ready and already very good.. hope he catches maata in time his skating is as close to hedmans as anyones lol

funny thing is think masin gets fast tracked and has a job in 2017-2018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad