Post-Game Talk: Series Discussion: 2015-16 ECSF - NY Islanders vs. Tampa Bay

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

The series between the New York Islanders and the Florida Panthers is currently tied 2-2. Let's rest and heal up and see who we'll get for the 2016 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals!

In the meantime: Who do you prefer?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'd rather have the Islanders pragmatically. The Panthers had our number too, you know. Obviously a Panthers series has it's pluses entertainment wise, but I want to win.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Lightning have not won a game at the Islanders (shootouts aside) since November 2010. Say what you want about the relevance of that, the fact is that they are just terrible against them in their building.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

The series between the New York Islanders and the Florida Panthers is currently tied 2-2. Let's rest and heal up and see who we'll get for the 2016 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals!

In the meantime: Who do you prefer?

islanders both play semi open hockey but florida has better d and will play us tighter and there is the obvious factor of luongo over grease

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
We haven't been very good vs either team this year. NY has the same problem as us where they're getting their offense from only a few individuals, but I'm confident Bish could out duel Greiss. Florida would make for an interesting series. There would be very very light travel for away games, so that'd be nice and help keep us in better shape if we could advance to the EC Finals.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
We got lucky getting Detroit in round 1. I really don't see us beating either of these teams.

That being said I think a battle of Florida would be fun (and have amazing ratings in Canada) but I feel we would have a better chance with a NY match up.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I would love to see an all florida series. The Panthers should be our biggest rival but they haven't mattered for too long.

Bedford Bolt

Nov 2, 2013
UK
An all Florida series would be awesome and could hopefully build a good rivalry in the future.

Not that it matter as HF seems to have decided that we are done either way :shakehead

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
An all Florida series would be awesome and could hopefully build a good rivalry in the future.

Not that it matter as HF seems to have decided that we are done either way :shakehead

The guys seem to play better when they have doubters. Either team would be a good series but I prefer Florida.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Hey folks, just visiting. I hope we win our series, and get a bit of a rivalry going between the two "non-traditional market" teams. What would be even more upsetting for the more "deserving" fans of the north, would be that this is only the beginning for the Panthers. It seems that both Florida teams are going to be around the top if the standings for at least the rest of the decade, and hopefully we can keep the Prince of Whales trophy in Florida for the foreseeable future.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I definitely love the whole pissing off the North angle. If there's any camaraderie I feel with the Panthers, it's that.

And it's Wales, the country, not the animal. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad