Serie A 2023-24 Season

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Milan with a straightforward win today over Lecce, with the usual suspects Pulisic, Giroud and Leao on the scoresheet. All were nice goals.

Roma won too in the derby against Lazio, but weren't as overhelming. So Milan can probably look forward quite confident to facing Roma next week in the Europa League.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Udinese 1-0 at half time against a full strength Inter, after a sneaky goal by Samardzic. Big surprise so far, I need Inter to wake up and win so Udinese don't go too ahead of my boys Empoli. Speaking of my boys, Pavard worst player on the pitch tonight so far, plays the ball like a hand grenade.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Inter score the likely winner on 95th minute, Frattesi puts in a rebound from Lautaro's shot.
They managed to score in each of their 31 Serie A games this season, absolutely insane stat. Simone Inzaghi is awesome at coaching offensive football.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I knew Inter was in first, but did not realise they only had one loss on the season. Dang.

Also, surprised at how well Bologna are doing. I get to watch a lot of Serie A on tape delay, but I never get to see their matches. It's either Juve vs Lecce, ACM vs Roma, or Inter vs Udinese (or Napoli versus somebody from the bottom half of the table).

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Big late win for Lecce (and conversely big loss for Empoli) who score in the last minute to get away from the relegation zone. Big mistake by Walukiewicz to bury his team.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
In an entertaining match earlier today, Milan fought back to an 3-3 away draw against Sassuolo. Leao scored a great dribbling goal and assisted another with a good pass. Sub Okafor scored the equalizer, but even before that Chukwueze had a well taken goal ruled out for a millimetre offside and Pulisic really should have scored the winner from a few metres inside the post.

Of course the defence and midfield weren't great, Sportiello wasn't up to Maignan's standards as a keeper, and even Kjaer coming in to play CB, didn't actually make the position solid.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Udinese - Roma match was abandoned at 75 mins as Ndicka collapsed on the pitch on his own with nobody around, holding his chest and he was stretchered off. Appeared to conscious on the strechter.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: luiginb

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Bottom team Verona now level 2-2 after an hour away to Atalanta. Atalanta controlled the first half, but have been poor at the start of 2nd.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Couple of months ago it was conceivable for Juve to challenge for the title. Since then they’ve done everything they can to play themselves out a CL spot.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Even if they lose today against Cagliari (trailing 0-2 currently) It still seems unlikely for them to fall outside of top5 CL spots, since they have matches against Salernitana and Monza.

Although next couple of matches against Milan and Roma could make their situation a lot tighter if they lose both of those.

Edit: It's 2-2 now, couple of minutes before the end.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Another loss for Napoli today, quite a fall from grace for last season's champions. Osimhen and Kvara surely want out in the summer and should be available (but not cheap of course).

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Two in-form teams meeting ended with Bologna's 3-1 away win. Roma looked tired and their schedule is very busy during the next weeks.

So they might struggle to hold on to that CL spot.

Now onto to the possible Scudetto deciding Milan derby in few minutes.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Couple of good saves within a minute at both ends, as both Sommer and Maignan saved point blank shots.

Inter still lead from a Acerbi header from a corner. Tomori has been surprisingly shaky, but Gabbia on the other hand has been solid.

Milan play a weird formation, where Leao is nominally a CF, but he often drifs wide.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Theo and Dumfries sent off, stupid stuff as Milan still had some minutes left to score.

Last corner to be taken and another red as Inter player goes down, Calabria sent off. Inter are champions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad