Serie A 2023-24 Season

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Hi everyone, quick question on buying tickets. I am looking to go to the Napoli vs. Lecce game on May 25th in Naples. Can I buy tickets right off of Stubhub?

I ask because years back when I went to a game in Poland, I had to register with the stadium and get a fan card of sorts. This was in the early 2010's when they were still rooting out some hooliganism. When I went this past May, that was no longer a thing in Poland. I doubt that there is anything like this in Italy, but figured I would ask if there is something I'm missing before just buying off Stubhub.
Why don't you buy them off Napoli's official website? It's what I do in Barcelona, guarantees me no unpleasant surprises.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Hi everyone, quick question on buying tickets. I am looking to go to the Napoli vs. Lecce game on May 25th in Naples. Can I buy tickets right off of Stubhub?

I ask because years back when I went to a game in Poland, I had to register with the stadium and get a fan card of sorts. This was in the early 2010's when they were still rooting out some hooliganism. When I went this past May, that was no longer a thing in Poland. I doubt that there is anything like this in Italy, but figured I would ask if there is something I'm missing before just buying off Stubhub.
I have no idea about Serie A, but AFAIK you will run into problems if you use Stubhub tickets in the Premier League.

Reactions: luiginb

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Good call. I checked their site though and only see tickets available for March. Do you see anything for the May 25th match?

EDIT: Stubhub shows the match as 5/25 but other schedules show it as 5/26. Also the time is TBD. Perhaps this is why it isn't yet listed on Napoli's site.

Last edited:

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Good call. I checked their site though and only see tickets available for March. Do you see anything for the May 25th match?

EDIT: Stubhub shows the match as 5/25 but other schedules show it as 5/26. Also the time is TBD. Perhaps this is why it isn't yet listed on Napoli's site.
Again, idk about Serie A, but Chelsea only does ticket drops six-eight weeks out.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

@Incubajerks @N o o d l e s @Fighter @Juve

Y'all have any idea?

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Milan struggled to beat Lazio, who played with 10 players for much of the 2nd half.

Although Rafael Leao had a goal ruled out for marginal offside earlier, it took until a few minutes before the end for them to score the winner.

One of the worst finishers amongst offensive players, Okafor scored after 2nd rebound, even then the keeper managed to get a hand to his shot, which was straight into middle of the net at ideal height for keeper to block it.

Bit of tempers flaring in the end, for example when Guendouzi showing Pulisic (earning his 2nd yellow and subsequently sent off) after the latter clearly held Guendouzi from his arm for a long time, impeding his running.

Pulisic got a yellow too in that situation, for all his troubles during the match, being the reason why two Lazio players were sent off.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Another win for De Rossi's Roma. Can't be many managers in club's history, who have had better start after taking over midseason. Bit of a blemish for them getting scored later on, although it was a great shot by Monza player.

Dybala with another very good performance.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Napoli has gotten back into form in recent matches. Now Kvaratskhelia puts them ahead against Juve few minutes before half-time.

Edit: Chiesa equalizes with abouth 10 mins left, but they immediately concede a PK. Osimhen misses from the spot, but Raspadori scores from the rebound.

Last edited:

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy

@Basemente Cat

Haven't been in Italy for a while now and even longer haven't been to a soccer stadium but I regularly see foreign fans going to stadiums. Usually we buy stuff on TicketOne and there it was possible to eventually do the "tessera del tifoso" if needed but that should be for visiting team's fans only, never used StubHub honestly. Also, there are different rules for those buying either general admission (might be available only for residents of said region) and those buying the "settore ospiti" for visiting team fans. Please check on the official site of Napoli OR TicketOne, sorry cannot be of more help (also, while I went to San Siro and Olimpico, no way I'd push myself to adventure to the Maradona lol).

Edit: I checked the official site and there's nothing out yet so you might have to wait.

Reactions: Basement Cat

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Inter playing an overachieving Bologna squad coached by Thiago Motta, without a single Italian in their first 11. And then Italians wonder why their national team is trending negatively.

Bologna can get a result here, playing at home and Inter rotating half the squad.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Inter playing an overachieving Bologna squad coached by Thiago Motta, without a single Italian in their first 11. And then Italians wonder why their national team is trending negatively.

Bologna can get a result here, playing at home and Inter rotating half the squad.

Who needs Italians when you've got Bisseck to both score & defend for you? :-p

What's been up with Thiaw? I haven't watched Milan since before the break. Is he hurt?

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Bit of rarely seen goal by Inter, at least in non set-piece situation or its' aftermaths, as CB Bastoni makes a forward run on the left flank and crosses from wide for another CB Bisseck, who had also made a forward run, cutting in from a widish position to head in that cross.

Bologna have had chances and probably slightly more control of the match, but their finishing attempts and shots have been weak, without power and lacking accuracy.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Bit of rarely seen goal by Inter, at least in non set-piece situation or its' aftermaths, as CB Bastoni makes a forward run on the left flank and crosses from wide for another CB Bisseck, who had also made a forward run, cutting in from a widish position to head in that cross.
I mean Inzaghi's system (had something like that at Lazio too before) with his marauding center backs reminds me a lot of Wilder's Sheffield United. It does help when Bastoni can strike the ball as sweetly as that.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I mean Inzaghi's system (had something like that at Lazio too before) with his marauding center backs reminds me a lot of Wilder's Sheffield United. It does help when Bastoni can strike the ball as sweetly as that.

Shades of total football from the 1970's?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Shades of total football from the 1970's?

More just a reflection of the versatility of the modern game. Doekhi & Liethe had a lot more freedom to push up and support the attack while Knoche & Khedira stayed back for us last season, and most BuLi teams that play a back 3 do it with their outside CBs.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Sign of a champion by Inter, managing a 1-0 away win at Bologna despite playing rather poorly and offering next to nothing offensively. When Thuram was subbed off, they were left with the Arnautovic and Sanchez attacking pair, whose best years were ages ago.

I believe Inter couldn't muster a single shot in the 2nd half, while Bologna had 20+ in the match, but none of them threatened Sommer much.

At least Lautaro got to rest a whole match.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Unspectacular narrow 1-0 win for Milan today, Pulisic's deflected shot ended up being the winning goal.

It was an important win, as Juve were held to a draw at home by Atalanta, whose free kick routine in the first goal was a nicely deceptive one, finished by Koopmeiners.

CL spot chasing Roma about to start their match.

Edit: Llorente scores his first Serie A goal, a 2-2 equalizer in the last seconds of the match. Belotti didn't do any favours for his parent club, as he was a main protagonist for Fiorentina, being involved in a goal and earning a PK (which was missed, though).

Last edited:
Reactions: Power Man

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Fiorentina and Atalanta was postponed the other day due to Fiorentina's General Director having fallen ill in the hotel. He has now passed away.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The best they've been since the team that made the UCL QF. Gasperini has pulled off a spectacular rebuild.
They are legit. People were talking about them like LFC would cake walk them in the Europa League. And while LFC will be favorites there is very far from a slam dunk. Their team just makes sense? Solid roster construction, everyone kind of in the right place; obviously really well managed

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Good day for Milan as Juve lost when Lazio scored a late added time winner and Milan with a solid win over Fiorentina.

Milan are now 6 pts ahead pf 3rd placed Juventus.

Rafael Leao actually might have played even a better game than usually despite Theo Hernandez missing because of suspension. With less offensive support, he was forced to take more individual responsibility, especially when Pulisic started on the bench too. Leao's piercing run and then expertly finishing, was the highlight of the match. Loftus-Creek had a nice match too.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Business as usual for Inter with a rather comfortable win at home against relegation fighters Empoli, goals so far by Dimarco and Alexis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad