Serie A 2021-2022

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
And that's Theo Hernandez at his best, very few if any other full back can do that. It was kind of goal you think prime Maradona or Messi scoring.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Huge match in Cagliari, with implications everywhere and Skrinian scores in the 10th minute but it's called off for an attacking hand ball.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Maignan will win back to back titles while :
- being the best goalie in the league each time
- being the goalie with least goals against each time
- playing behind average defenses each time
- on a team that wasn't winning the title according to preseason odds each time

He's growing way too fast for people to realize he's establishing himself with the top goalies in the world.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Agree with everything except the average defenses part. Milan's defense + defensive midfielders are class. Overachivers yes, but not average. As a matter of fact when he was out and Tatarusanu had to play (I think it was 9 games) there was no huge difference in results.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The defense consists of Calabria/Kalulu/Tomori/Hernandez
That's hardly a great defense.
Kalulu is young and discovering top level football, Theo is a great offensive weapon but frankly not great defensively either. Not worthy of a league title at least.

Lille's D was Celik/Fonte/Botman/Reinildo
That's also decent but not great. Certainly not worthy of a league title.

I looked at Tatarunsanu's stats. He got scored on 10 times in 6 games.
Maignan got scored on 21 times in 31 games.

I think Milan definately missed him.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Lazio secured their place in Europe league by equalizing against Juve on 96th minute, with literally last action of the match. It was home ground farewell for both Chiellini and Dybala.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Felt like a testimonial match tbh, Juve was really good in the first half then lost the plot in the second. Lazio is still unwatchable under Sarri, such a big dropoff in excitement level from Simone Inzaghi's team to this one.

Reactions: Power Man

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I went to Bologna on Sunday for the Sassuolo game. We were not able to secure Milan tickets but it was a fun alternative to see another Italian town and cross Serie A off my bucket list. Had a nice view of Berardi's goal.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
And that's Theo Hernandez at his best, very few if any other full back can do that. It was kind of goal you think prime Maradona or Messi scoring.

Here's Theo's goal just to marvel one more time. If Milan secures the title on Sunday (one point is enough), then this will become the iconic moment of the title campaign.

Reactions: Power Man and Evilo

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Tammy Abraham with the best ever goal tally by an Englishman (not that the sample size is huge), but he certainly has been a good purchase for Roma.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
1 point increase from Fonseca’s season that got him sacked despite a £100m net spend. 63 points! The special one! What a job Mourinho is doing at Roma!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Their team with Fonseca had more quality but sure. I strongly dislike Mourinho but he did a good job this season. They could push on with more quality in CM.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Not a good start for Lazio at home, as Simeone puts Verona ahead after only 6 minutes.

And Lasagne shovels more crap down their mouth by making it 2-0 before Cabral cuts the deficit to 2-1. It's been an eventful first 16 minutes.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Fiorentina announces themselves back into fight over European spots, with Duncan scoring against Juve just before end of the 1st half.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Lazio has turned it around as veteran Pedro puts them 3-2 up after an hour and their position looks good again.

Edit: Well, not so fast, as Verona manages to make it 3-3 with about 15 mins still to go.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
In the end a draw is enough for Lazio to secure the 5th spot.

Viola win 2-0 as well to make it into Europe (to which competition depends on Roma's Conf. League final result). Juve were clearly already on holiday mode as Fiorentina greatly dominated possession. Even if there was nothing at stake for Juve, the side clearly needs a huge kick in the ass and new hungry players to get them challenging for honours next season.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world

Viola win 2-0 as well to make it into Europe (to which competition depends on Roma's Conf. League final result). Juve were clearly already on holiday mode as Fiorentina greatly dominated possession. Even if there was nothing at stake for Juve, the side clearly needs a huge kick in the ass and new hungry players to get them challenging for honours next season.
Juve have been on holiday mode all season. It's going to be even more depressing with the rumored signings.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

So far they already have

In: Pogba, di Maria
Out: almost definitely Dybala, Morata, Chiellini, Ramsey, the two Spurs guys who already left (should be lot of money coming in)

I think they clearly need McKennie and Zakaria to not get hurt so much, they also need Chiesa to recover well from his torn ACL, but overall they need CB's and attackers. Raspadori is an obvious good target, so would be Bremer for CB, and obviously they're going to be hunting for players that are available for not that much. Gabriel Jesus might be on their radar too I'd think.

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
So far they already have

In: Pogba, di Maria
Out: almost definitely Dybala, Morata, Chiellini, Ramsey, the two Spurs guys who already left (should be lot of money coming in)

I think they clearly need McKennie and Zakaria to not get hurt so much, they also need Chiesa to recover well from his torn ACL, but overall they need CB's and attackers. Raspadori is an obvious good target, so would be Bremer for CB, and obviously they're going to be hunting for players that are available for not that much. Gabriel Jesus might be on their radar too I'd think.

Raspadori would be good for them, they need players to feed ball to Vlahovic. Chiesa coming back helps in that regard. If Kean stays (even if he doesn't do much) not sure they'll put priority on G.Jesus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad