Serie A 2018/2019

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Why Napoli should have won?
Because they were better in the 2nd?

Juve completely dominated them in the first. Napoli had nothing to lose. They played with desperation and caught a break with Pjanic’s red card. The handball penalty was totally absurd.

I’m not happy with Juve’s season even with their recording breaking Serie A, and lining up for a horrible exit from the CL, but in the game against Napoli they deservedly won that game IMO.

I wouldn't say they dominated in the first because nearing the end of the first half they started to take the foot off the gas.
Napoli played a lot better than us in the second. We hardly even touched the ball. Did you see how Ronaldo was angry?

That was a pathetic second half.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Interim only I think. If they were smart they'd lure Gasperini away from Atalanta in the offseason. He might be the most underrated manager in Europe right now.

He really is very good and underrated. He'd be excellent for them because he knows how to develop young players. Conte is even being considered too.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
He really is very good and underrated. He'd be excellent for them because he knows how to develop young players. Conte is even being considered too.
Atalanta are also a blast to watch. I had high hopes for EDF based on his time at Sassuolo but the majority of Roma's games under him have been awful to watch.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Most certainly! Gomez is too awesome.
I'd assume that one condition of Gasperini moving to a new team would be Papu moving with him. Apparently Atalanta had a deal in place to sell him to a club in China and Gasperini threatened to quit haha.

Reactions: Juve

Juve

May 13, 2011
I'd assume that one condition of Gasperini moving to a new team would be Papu moving with him. Apparently Atalanta had a deal in place to sell him to a club in China and Gasperini threatened to quit haha.

I didn't know that. I think I would quit too if they had sold Gomez. Check out his twitter, too funny.

I am actually managing Atalanta in FM 19. They had a tycoon takeover in the year 2026. I left my current team in order to dominate Italy with them.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Sounds like me at the start of a Football Manager save where I become manager of Inter and sell off all their players for $1 each.

Lol. I did the same thing when I was younger.

I am super happy the jerseys I ordered arrived yesterday. Chiellini away jerseys, Bernadeschi third jersey and the EA Sports special edition jersey, Del Piero.

I am considering even getting a De Rossi and Greizmann jersey.

Last edited:

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Outside of getting Zaniolo and Under, Monchi's time at Roma was a bit of a disaster. Not sure what he was thinking last summer.

The sales were the right call , the replacements were the issue.

Kolarov was a good get , same with Pellegrini and Cristante. I'm pretty confident Kluivert's gunna come good too.

Really, his biggest misses were Pastore , and in all likelihood , Schick. Wasn't a fan of the Nzonzi purchase either , due to his age/wage , but he's been better than the other two.

But above all that, I just don't understand why he wasn't willing to see what his acquisitions looked like under a different manager. He just refused to move on from EDF.

I dunno, I'm sure we'll hear more as time goes on. But my guess is he just had enough of the insanity of Rome.

I genuinely think he'll do good things with Arsenal.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
The sales were the right call , the replacements were the issue.

Kolarov was a good get , same with Pellegrini and Cristante. I'm pretty confident Kluivert's gunna come good too.

Really, his biggest misses were Pastore , and in all likelihood , Schick. Wasn't a fan of the Nzonzi purchase either , due to his age/wage , but he's been better than the other two.

But above all that, I just don't understand why he wasn't willing to see what his acquisitions looked like under a different manager. He just refused to move on from EDF.

I dunno, I'm sure we'll hear more as time goes on. But my guess is he just had enough of the insanity of Rome.

I genuinely think he'll do good things with Arsenal.
I'll give him a pass on Schick because I thought he was going to be a star after his time at Sampdoria.

Nzonzi, Pastore, Santon, and Defrel amounted to €75M of shit. Olsen has been pretty brutal as well but at least he wasn't too expensive. It's unreal how much money he wasted without buying a decent CB. That backline is just awful.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I'll give him a pass on Schick because I thought he was going to be a star after his time at Sampdoria.

Nzonzi, Pastore, Santon, and Defrel amounted to €75M of ****. Olsen has been pretty brutal as well but at least he wasn't too expensive. It's unreal how much money he wasted without buying a decent CB. That backline is just awful.

He had 200M to operate. I think his faults are much bigger than EDF.Among other things, he has gone like a coward. We'll see if Sarri will be the coach next year.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Nzonzi, Pastore, Santon, and Defrel amounted to €75M of ****. Olsen has been pretty brutal as well but at least he wasn't too expensive. It's unreal how much money he wasted without buying a decent CB. That backline is just awful.

Santon didn't actually cost anything , just plusvalenza crap so Inter could get Radja and satisfy FFP.

Defrel was 100% an EDF request. Not saying Monchi's completely blameless, but EDF coached the guy, and then tossed him on the wing in Rome.

Yeah, anyone who watched Roma closely last year knew our defense was crap - it was just being masked by an amazing keeper.

Once we sold Alisson , we had to improve the defense to help mitigate the loss. Instead we downgraded significantly in net , and didn't touch the defense (outside of Marcano on a free).

Didn't make a lot of sense to me at the time, and it still doesn't. Manolas was the only CL worthy player on the backline last year, and that remains true today. Honestly, I dunno if Fazio starts for any other top 10 team in the league. He's that out of place.

I guess a bunch of physios/doctors just got canned too. It's truly a mess in Rome right now.

Fingers crossed Claudio can provide a short-term boost and gets us into top-4. Otherwise it could be a pretty painful summer in terms of sales.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
He had 200M to operate. I think his faults are much bigger than EDF.Among other things, he has gone like a coward. We'll see if Sarri will be the coach next year.
Yeah taking a giant dump all over the club and then leaving because you can't take the criticism is pretty cowardly. At least he's going to ruin Arsenal now.
Santon didn't actually cost anything , just plusvalenza crap so Inter could get Radja and satisfy FFP.

Defrel was 100% an EDF request. Not saying Monchi's completely blameless, but EDF coached the guy, and then tossed him on the wing in Rome.

Yeah, anyone who watched Roma closely last year knew our defense was crap - it was just being masked by an amazing keeper.

Once we sold Alisson , we had to improve the defense to help mitigate the loss. Instead we downgraded significantly in net , and didn't touch the defense (outside of Marcano on a free).

Didn't make a lot of sense to me at the time, and it still doesn't. Manolas was the only CL worthy player on the backline last year, and that remains true today. Honestly, I dunno if Fazio starts for any other top 10 team in the league. He's that out of place.

I guess a bunch of physios/doctors just got canned too. It's truly a mess in Rome right now.

Fingers crossed Claudio can provide a short-term boost and gets us into top-4. Otherwise it could be a pretty painful summer in terms of sales.
Santon cost 9M didn't he?

Imagine how bad it would have been if Manolas had signed for Inter last summer like he had long been rumoured to. Roma would be in a relegation battle right now :laugh:

I think Ranieri is done but that's the same thing I said when he was hired by Leicester so who knows. I don't think they'll finish top 4 this year though, which likely means more selling next summer unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad