Serie A 16/17

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man I am a big fan of Juventus and their formation of 3-5-2...

Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Alves - Asamoah - Khedira - Lemina - Sandro
Dybala - Mandzukic

Great CB trio, awesome half backs used as wingers, an underrated CDM spine in Sami, and a very deadly dynamic duo of strikers. But what you have here is a squad of diversity ranging from good two-way wingers, overvalued BXB, and a striker who is fast pace and another who is great in the box with superb heading. True losing Pogba hurts this club, but man that is a CL title contender as I've ever seen one.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Man I am a big fan of Juventus and their formation of 3-5-2...

Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Alves - Asamoah - Khedira - Lemina - Sandro
Dybala - Mandzukic

Great CB trio, awesome half backs used as wingers, an underrated CDM spine in Sami, and a very deadly dynamic duo of strikers. But what you have here is a squad of diversity ranging from good two-way wingers, overvalued BXB, and a striker who is fast pace and another who is great in the box with superb heading. True losing Pogba hurts this club, but man that is a CL title contender as I've ever seen one.

Lemina was the DM, Khedira MCR and Asamoah MCL.

But that was only the first game's lineup. Expect Pjanic and Marchisio to be starters in midfield, and Higuain in attack.

Asamoah is a great player, he's a horse. But he lacks creativity, otherwise he'd be a world class player. If he can improve that, and if injuries are a thing from the past, then here's your Pogba replacement.

Regarding the Milan game, was surprised with Niang performance, he was good. Hopefully he builds up on that performance for the remainder of the season. This is one I thought was a hopeless case. Let's see how he performs this season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When Pjanic, Higuain and Marchisio make their way into the team is this their likely set-up?

Higuain - Dybala
Asamoah - Pjanic - Khedira - Marchisio - Alves
Chiellini - Bonucci - Barzagli
Buffon​

With Khedira the deepest of the three CMs?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Just sell Gabbidiani to Everton for 30M or whatever Everton are offering and play Martens instead, they would probably still do equally well in Serie A.

Mertens is better than Gabbiadini from what I've seen anyway, but that's kind of a shortsighted answer since Mertens is 29 and probably at the tail end of his prime and Gabbiadini is only 24 and probably just coming into his prime. They should both play tbh.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
When Pjanic, Higuain and Marchisio make their way into the team is this their likely set-up?

Higuain - Dybala
Asamoah - Pjanic - Khedira - Marchisio - Alves
Chiellini - Bonucci - Barzagli
Buffon​

With Khedira the deepest of the three CMs?

Last season Marchisio was the DM and did extremely well.

Alex Sandro should be the LWB, but if he performs as poor as he did in the first game, the spot will go to either Evra or Asamoah.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
so that's how Milan is going to play this year...score score score, then OH **** defending at the end...

I hope they buy Bentaleb from Spurs, would help that midfield out

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Agreed on Niang. we'll see if he finds consistency. Also, boy was Montolivo bad.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Milan have two players sent off with double yellows. Niang got his second for obstructing the keeper as he was trying to pass the ball. Takes a special player to do something that stupid. Romagnoli should have been the third sent off with a straight red right at the end but the referee had mercy on him for the most blatant handball to prevent a goal I've ever seen.

Fun match. Napoli need to work on their pressing and defensive coordination though.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Inter have 1 point from a possible 6 despite playing Chievo and Palermo. Probably unlucky not to win today, but they just aren't that good. Palermo is terrible and dropping points to them isn't a good sign. De Boer has a lot of work ahead. Candreva made a difference, though. Will be interesting to see how him and Perisic are managed.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Inter have 1 point from a possible 6 despite playing Chievo and Palermo. Probably unlucky not to win today, but they just aren't that good. Palermo is terrible and dropping points to them isn't a good sign. De Boer has a lot of work ahead. Candreva made a difference, though. Will be interesting to see how him and Perisic are managed.

Inter have good players individually but they play terrible together. Kondogbia looks nice at times but no substance. Banega isn't impressing either and I don't know why he's been playing too deep. Candreva should be starting no doubt. Perisic should play left and Candreva on the right. Eder should be no where near the starting lineup. I don't care about Inter but I want to see some competition for Juve lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad