Confirmed with Link: Sergey Zborovskiy signed to ELC

member 116805

The funny thing is he didn't even "steal" Herman's opinion. He posted a fact that Herman also mentioned (poor luck with WHL guys) and mentioned something that scout(s) said. It's like saying if Herman tweeted" Zibanejad scored 51 points last year" he should then quote him when stating how many points Zibanejad scored. There were no opinions posted in his tweets at all.

And yea - real weak to call him out on twitter.

Not the first time the guy screen shoots this board and posts it to mock.
Last time (last one I can remember anyways), it was Beacon he was making fun of.

This has nothing to do with legality, it has to do with ego

member 116805

Hah, wait. Did someone mention legality to begin with? I must've missed that.

"If we want to get legal, maybe "Oscar Lindberg" isn't trying to gain notoriety or make money by passing off my content as his. However, HFBoards' terms of service states that they effectively own all posts on the forum. THEY are making a financial gain off of plagiarized work under their possession"

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The funny thing is he didn't even "steal" Herman's opinion. He posted a fact that Herman also mentioned (poor luck with WHL guys) and mentioned something that scout(s) said. It's like saying if Herman tweeted" Zibanejad scored 51 points last year" he should then quote him when stating how many points Zibanejad scored. There were no opinions posted in his tweets at all.

And yea - real weak to call him out on twitter.

Bingo.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Right. And if some kid is Tweeting your stuff to gain followers (particularly a problem on Youtube where it's truly monetized) or if ESPN steals something, it's a major issue. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

This was OL, a known supporter of Herman, posting something similar (not verbatim) on a message board. And Herman attacking OL on Twitter. I mean, it's just weak and petty.

But effective too. For him to react like that must mean it's happened before. He got his message across. Its like the RZA in the beginning of Side 2 of Wu Tang Forever - "we told you before on the Cuban Lynx album...don't bite our sh#%!"

They beat attribution in your head in journalism school. The question is does a message board or a random opinion post count as a legit source of information and should an opinion post be attributed.

When I worked at ESPN, another staffer and I worked 4 hours a night compiling all the key stats/notes from the day's minor league baseball games into one roll-up, then we blasted it via email to over 500 baseball beat writers and national news types. Every day, I saw Peter Gammons or Jason Stark use our info in their report, and never once did they give us a pound and I just knew those dudes didnt watch them play.

My advice going forward is just give a little tiny shoutout only because everyone seems to be sensitive about everything.

Gotta love the lazy, hazy offseason.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Right. And if some kid is Tweeting your stuff to gain followers (particularly a problem on Youtube where it's truly monetized) or if ESPN steals something, it's a major issue. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

This was OL, a known supporter of Herman, posting something similar (not verbatim) on a message board. And Herman attacking OL on Twitter. I mean, it's just weak and petty.

I'm having a hard time deciding if it was petty, or someone patting themselves on the back in a terrible way.

Look at me, look at me, I'm so smart people write what I tweet on message boards

Probably a little bit of both.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Ya, there's plenty of other news and insight to delve into. I hear Zborovskiy isn't thought of well by WHL scouts who believes he doesn't have enough hockey sense to make it to the NHL.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Does someone here watch the WHL regularly enough to comment on Zboro? What kind of improvement do we expect from him next season with the Pats?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Does someone here watch the WHL regularly enough to comment on Zboro? What kind of improvement do we expect from him next season with the Pats?

No, but I've heard from multiple WHL scouts that they aren't in love with him. NYR also don't have a great track record with WHL draft picks, so that's also worrisome.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Poor Sergey. Hasn't play a single preseason game and already dragged through the mud on HFBoards. NYR doesn't have a good track record with Sergeys. Zborosvisvitiky and Tolchinski who was the one that got away.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
No, but I've heard from multiple WHL scouts that they aren't in love with him. NYR also don't have a great track record with WHL draft picks, so that's also worrisome.

tk8aCAvTg8Hjq.gif

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
If his name was John Smith you'd be writting him off.

Both you and odc make me laugh with your Russian bias.

wait what ?

i said i liked the pick where he was taken and i like the kids upside. plays with some snarl- which he does.

hes a low risk type pick given where he was chosen.

hell probably play for us as a 3rd pair guy and that would be good value.

ill call him the russian mcilrath but this kid wasnt a reach. :laugh:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
wait what ?

i said i liked the pick where he was taken and i like the kids upside. plays with some snarl- which he does.

hes a low risk type pick given where he was chosen.

hell probably play for us as a 3rd pair guy and that would be good value.

ill call him the russian mcilrath but this kid wasnt a reach. :laugh:

McIlrath was taken closer to his projected draft position than Zborovskiy, FWIW.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You did say that McIlrath will be nothing more than a bottom pairing.

I think I said he could be a #4. I think Zborovskiy and McIlrath have similar upside.

McIlrath was picked way too soon. If you can't skate or put up points, you shouldn't be picked in the first round.

My rule of thumb is that if you get an NHL player with a pick, its a good pick, so I'm not going to nitpick that we didn't get Fowler or Tarasenko where we picked McIlrath, but he was picked too soon.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
McIlrath was taken closer to his projected draft position than Zborovskiy, FWIW.

while that may well be true, both are similar players in many respects. my problem has never been with mcilrath the player but more where and when he as drafted.

mcilrath still struggles to find his spot today, 6 years after he was taken 10th.

lets see what the big rugged russian will be doing 6 years from now ?

not saying hell be playing at all. but he could well could be playing and if so, he could be a very similar player to what mcilrath looks like today.

and if so, then my point about mcilrath being taken too high comes into focus more.

not here to argue this tired worn out dead and buried thing.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I think I said he could be a #4. I think Zborovskiy and McIlrath have similar upside.

McIlrath was picked way too soon. If you can't skate or put up points, you shouldn't be picked in the first round.

My rule of thumb is that if you get an NHL player with a pick, its a good pick, so I'm not going to nitpick that we didn't get Fowler or Tarasenko where we picked McIlrath, but he was picked too soon.

well said and i share your opinion.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
while that may well be true, both are similar players in many respects. my problem has never been with mcilrath the player but more where and when he as drafted.

mcilrath still struggles to find his spot today, 6 years after he was taken 10th.

lets see what the big rugged russian will be doing 6 years from now ?

not saying hell be playing at all. but he could well could be playing and if so, he could be a very similar player to what mcilrath looks like today.

and if so, then my point about mcilrath being taken too high comes into focus more.

not here to argue this tired worn out dead and buried thing.

If you forget about this past season (where AV inexplicably played an injured veteran over McIlrath), and the year that he lost due to a knee injury (about 3 years ago?), he'd be in the NHL by year 4, which is about the correct development path for the type of defenseman he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad