Confirmed with Link: Sergey Zborovskiy signed to ELC

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I mean, who did you guys want the Rangers to select at the time between that spot, the spot they drafted Saarla and the spot they drafted Morrisson?

Looking at those picks no names pop out to me that are currently tearing it up post draft, albeit I haven't researched this draft as I have others.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Lol, Herman just stuffed you in a locker on twitter.

I used to think you were Adam Herman bc I follow him on twitter and a significant amount of your posts and "opinions" seem to be exactly what he tweets.

I looked and man did Herman do an Amercican History X curb stomp.

I have never seen the dude play but if he continues to get better and better, I don't see how you can complain a couple of years after the pick if the end result is a prospect with a decent shot at making it. In the 3rd round and beyond it's pretty much a crap shoot.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I looked and man did Herman do an Amercican History X curb stomp

He got curb stomped right back.

This tweet was from June of 2015. Herman tried to act as if this information was between himself and a scout only, when in reality that scout posted it publicly on twitter over a year ago.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

This tweet was from June of 2015. Herman tried to act as if this information was between himself and a scout only, when in reality that scout posted it publicly on twitter over a year ago.

Yeah, equally dumb on Herman's part to try and seem like an insider. He's an okay follow, but is extremely pompous and condescending.

I just have noticed a trend of reading reactions and opinions on twitter and seeing Herman's thoughts and then coming here and seeing almost identical opinions being posted by Oscar Lindberg. Just thought it was interesting that he seems to post Herman's opinions almost verbatim. I legitimately assumed it was Herman's HFboards account and that's why they always seemed to match.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
There's a few posters here parroting the exact things written by some of the more popular Ranger bloggers. It's fine to discuss their ideas and thoughts and such but I'll read an article and then come here and see that exact same thought provided.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
people love to say stuff that they said was plagiarized...just like they love blaming people for their mistakes...

kinda reminds me of the line from BSG
"Yeah, you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two"

i'll punch you in the balls if you ask for an exact citation of the actor, episode, writer, etc.

ive had stuff on my blog that months later Larry Brooks has mentioned...is it plagarism or are 2 people coming up with the same thoughts by watching the same thing, or talking to people who are seeing the same thing. i tend to believe the latter. maybe im just growing less conspiratorial as i grow old. :)

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
There's a few posters here parroting the exact things written by some of the more popular Ranger bloggers. It's fine to discuss their ideas and thoughts and such but I'll read an article and then come here and see that exact same thought provided.

As lame as that is, doesn't that happen all the time but in real life conversations as opposed to message boards? Guy on the train/at the water cooler saying to his friend, "I HEAR WE'RE LOOKING TO TRADE NASH TO DA BLUES!" or "DA REPORT ON DIS KID KREIDER IS DAT HE'S GOT ELITE SPEED AND HITS LIKE A TRUCK!" instead of preceding each sentence with, "I READ FROM LARRY BROOKS THAT..."

It's one thing to copy people's thoughts for a blog or a project you are trying to gain notoriety or make money from, but a discussion forum? Eh, not really buying that as cause for Adam Herman to cry plagiarism. If I was him, I'd be stoked. It means that people are being influenced by him. As long as it doesn't cross over to people using their personal byline before posting those thoughts in a blog or article, or trying to profit, I don't see the big deal about a few forum users posting unoriginal thoughts.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
As lame as that is, doesn't that happen all the time but in real life conversations as opposed to message boards? Guy on the train/at the water cooler saying to his friend, "I HEAR WE'RE LOOKING TO TRADE NASH TO DA BLUES!" or "DA REPORT ON DIS KID KREIDER IS DAT HE'S GOT ELITE SPEED AND HITS LIKE A TRUCK!" instead of preceding each sentence with, "I READ FROM LARRY BROOKS THAT..."

It's one thing to copy people's thoughts for a blog or a project you are trying to gain notoriety or make money from, but a discussion forum? Eh, not really buying that as cause for Adam Herman to cry plagiarism. If I was him, I'd be stoked. It means that people are being influenced by him. As long as it doesn't cross over to people using their personal byline before posting those thoughts in a blog or article, or trying to profit, I don't see the big deal about a few forum users posting unoriginal thoughts.

yeah, if every thought/post had to be cited for all sources id never come to this place.

i happen to like reading Hermans thoughts...but why even bother pointing it out...what difference does it make?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

I don't know, it's just annoying to see others take literally other people's view points word for word and use it. A lot of the bloggers bring good thoughts and analysis and I happen to agree with them a vast majority of the time. But it's quite easy to see who's coming up with their own thoughts based on reading others stuff along with tons of other factors as watching games and researching stats compared to those who simply recite what others say after they post something.

To each their own though.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Having a conversation starting with, "I heard" is absolutely not the same as reading someone's thoughts on a blog site or any site and then posting them as if they're your own.

It's not the same as a generic joke or story.

Saying, "I spoke to scouts and they said such and such guy the Rangers just drafted, sucked" as your own words when you did no such thing is nonsense. Saying, " I read somewhere" is basically all you need to say, is it that big a deal to say that? Especially, when parroting something you read somewhere else. I literally do it all the time. It's not that big a deal because half the time I don't remember exactly where I read it.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Having a conversation starting with, "I heard" is absolutely not the same as reading someone's thoughts on a blog site or any site and then posting them as if they're your own.

It's not the same as a generic joke or story.

Saying, "I spoke to scouts and they said such and such guy the Rangers just drafted, sucked" as your own words when you did no such thing is nonsense. Saying, " I read somewhere" is basically all you need to say, is it that big a deal to say that? Especially, when parroting something you read somewhere else. I literally do it all the time. It's not that big a deal because half the time I don't remember exactly where I read it.

are we talking about herman or OL from this board? OL didnt say he heard...he said "scouts say..."

thats not the same thing.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Every post from now on must be accompanied by an MLA format Works Cited image

WorksCitedMLA.PNG

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
also theres no proof whatsoever that AH didnt have the exact same conversations with scouts that another blogger/writer/announcer/etc had.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I think we're getting OT with this discussion of OL/Herman and their sources, whoever they may be. :dunno:

Let's get back to talking about Zboro.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
are we talking about herman or OL from this board? OL didnt say he heard...he said "scouts say..."

thats not the same thing.

I was really talking about the poster(s) here, I don't read Herman enough to really opine on Nevesis's post. He very well could have spoken to different scouts I truthfully don't know how the guy operates.

It looked as if he was passing off AH's stuff as his own until he edited it. I was saying if he just put 2-3 little words ("I read somewhere" or" I heard") in front of his post we needn't be speaking of this.

Every post from now on must be accompanied by an MLA format Works Cited image

WorksCitedMLA.PNG

Hahah, that's definitely not what I am talking about.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thanks Alessandro!

There's a lot of talk about CHL/KHL for Russian players, but a player like Zborovskiy was probably better off in NA. The game he plays is suited to NA. A lot of the complaints about Russian players in NA are that these players lose their skill, individuality in their play, they don't try to make things happen and instead just playing to the system, but the way Zborovskiy plays, he's not going to be more than a solid DFD. He's not on the team for his puck skills or offense, he's on the team to play defense. He probably got a lot more exposure from NHL scouts by choosing NA, very few defensive defenseman playing in the KHL get drafted, and I don't think he plays a style of hockey where choosing to play in NA will hurt his game. Its probably helped him a lot, whether he makes the NHL. He'll probably be the same type of player in the NHL or KHL, and its a style of hockey thats usually better developed in NA.

AdamZHerman

Jul 27, 2016
Hello guys. Thought I should explain myself and clear a few things up.

I'm not exactly sure how you came to the conclusion that "I spoke to a scout recently" meant I was referring to a blog post from Cody from over a year ago. I've known Cody for a number of years and always cited his work when I was using information from his blog.

To reiterate, I had a conversation with a professional hockey scout in Western Canada about a month ago and that is what he told me.

As for why I care about the plagiarism: I spend my own money and an unhealthy number of hours watching 30+ NYR prospects every season. Then, I dedicate even more time and energy in speaking to players, scouts, agents, coaches, etc to gather more information and perspective. So when I publish my thoughts or insight gathered from all of that hard work, I'd like to get properly credited for it.

If we want to get legal, maybe "Oscar Lindberg" isn't trying to gain notoriety or make money by passing off my content as his. However, HFBoards' terms of service states that they effectively own all posts on the forum. THEY are making a financial gain off of plagiarized work under their possession.

But whatever. This is more of a pragmatic call to reason. I'm flattered that this guy was influenced by me, but guess what: there are 3,000+ people who have read this thread and would not have been able to "be influenced by me" as well thanks to the lack of attribution. And this is not the first time it has happened. I've seen my work inadequately attributed or completely plagiarized on this forum and a few others a number of times now. Again, I put countless hours into learning about and evaluating these 30+ prospects. I don't think it's unreasonable to request that someone take five seconds to type out my name or copy-and-paste a link.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
FWIW, there are 3K+ thread views. That's not analogous to the number of people that have viewed the thread. Unique viewers might be around 100.

Anyway, Zborovskiy was a riser. Jumped way up the rankings in his draft year. He has developed since being drafted. The Rangers have seen enough to give him an ELC early. No one should be overly cconcerned with what some anonymous scout and Adam Herman think. Give the kid a chance--there are positive signs in his development.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
FWIW, there are 3K+ thread views. That's not analogous to the number of people that have viewed the thread. Unique viewers might be around 100.

Anyway, Zborovskiy was a riser. Jumped way up the rankings in his draft year. He has developed since being drafted. The Rangers have seen enough to give him an ELC early. No one should be overly cconcerned with what some anonymous scout and Adam Herman think. Give the kid a chance--there are positive signs in his development.

And it's not like we have massive depth in our system anyhow...so if there's development, may as well.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Lol OL's post was not plagiarism in the least. He made a comment based on a comment. Is every comment we make in here supposed to be "Leonard said...Zipay said...Gross said...Brooks said..Dreger said...Tasch said...McKenzie said..." It's implied.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad