Sergei Bobrovsky - Top Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
And nobody ever said Bob was suspended, did they? Other scenarios: 1.) Bob is being traded; 2.) Bob injured himself in some sort of temper tantrum; 3.) Bob's catching glove has bad juju and he's waiting for the new one to come in. ;)

Reactions: thebus88

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
And to add:

Kurt Overhardt has a reputation as being difficult to negotiate with as well. In either case, it's just what it is. The goodness or badness of said depends on your perspective.
Overhardt was a complete (jerk) with the CBJ negotiations with Johansen. How soon we all forget. Yes, he gets paid to get top dollar for his clients, but still.

Reactions: thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Overhardt was a complete (jerk) with the CBJ negotiations with Johansen. How soon we all forget. Yes, he gets paid to get top dollar for his clients, but still.

His job is to represent Johansen, Jarmo's job...... is...…. to...…represent...……….Johansen, also.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
And nobody ever said Bob was suspended, did they? Other scenarios: 1.) Bob is being traded; 2.) Bob injured himself in some sort of temper tantrum; 3.) Bob's catching glove has bad juju and he's waiting for the new one to come in. ;)

I think it's possible a lot of other team equipment was bad juju and now needs to be replaced. :laugh:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
That's an interesting observation.

I'm going to guess that words got VERY escalated between Bob and someone (Torts?). Probably just a verbal spat that got out of hand.

Bob may have had some (justified) residual resentments against Torts for being hung out to dry with 8 goals.

Certainly would have been justified, but Bob is on record saying that he preferred to be left in those two games that got out of hand “so that he could work through it” or something along those lines (not gonna search for a link/direct quote though since I’m on my phone)

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
The rumors circulating are very disturbing - and not worth posting here

No idea what you are referring to but Bob is that type of a guy who could end up having a mental breakdown or so. I hope its not the case.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Bobs inconsistency has led to him being pulled several times this season... There are no rumors, after the Bolt game pull something happened or was said that was not up to CBJ standards... That's were it ends on the record.

Off the record in my opinion Bob was upset after getting pulled in the Bolt beat down and said something to the coaching staff that got him in trouble.. Personally, based on past experience with stuff as this players that challenge coaches don't stay around long …

Reactions: Facifer

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Davidson said Bob's contract is up at the end of the season and then if he wants he can go on his way but until then he is a Blue Jacket and is paid to be a Blue Jacket.

That's where I would be at too. Once he becomes a free agent he can go where he wants but until then he goes where the Jackets say and plays when they say.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
If this post/speculation isn’t appropriate, I understand, but I really think Bob is trying to use a massive, mid-season contract offer from the KHL as leverage to force Jarmo’s hand.

In tonight’s post-game interview, JD was clearly upset with whatever Bob’s behavior was and his demeanor showed it. I think he clearly inferred that it involved Jarmo, too. JD also made mention that Bob’s under contract now and has the freedom to go wherever he wants after the season. But that he’s disappointed and stands behind Jarmo.

Keep in mind, Bob attempted to leverage a KHL deal back in Summer 2013 and we nearly shipped him off to Edmonton because of his antics.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If this post/speculation isn’t appropriate, I understand, but I really think Bob is trying to use a massive, mid-season contract offer from the KHL as leverage to force Jarmo’s hand.

In tonight’s post-game interview, JD was clearly upset with whatever Bob’s behavior was and his demeanor showed it. I think he clearly inferred that it involved Jarmo, too. JD also made mention that Bob’s under contract now and has the freedom to go wherever he wants after the season. But that he’s disappointed and stands behind Jarmo.

Keep in mind, Bob attempted to leverage a KHL deal back in Summer 2013 and we nearly shipped him off to Edmonton because of his antics.

Mid-season contract would require CBJ permission as well as IIHF....That's not happening. He would have to retire from the NHL to get it to work, which is again not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino