Sergei Bobrovsky - Top Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Anderson, Johnson and, mostly, Dubinsky drama last season. Crazy.

I guess the only difference between this and the Bobrovsky stuff is the relationship between the player himself and entire team (except maybe the players?) has grown toxic to an extent that a person is acting out of character. We've had Bob for 6 years now, and never once have we ever heard of anything like this. We're used to laughing and joking Bob. This hasn't shown at all really since last year.

Anderson and Johnson situations were more hockey related drama, that every team is used to and goes through. I don't think that bothered the team much, especially because Andy just missed camp and a few games for conditioning, and Johnson was still a lineup regular and addressed the team.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I used to think Bob was a sensitive somewhat shy guy who was too frail to perform under pressure but was a great goalie.

It looks like that one phrase started it all and it has gotten worse from there. The phrase where was advised to see a therapist to work on his PO anxiety (when he plays in a very nervous way) and Bob very likely heard it as "dude ur mentally ill".

I start thinking that he might in fact be mentally ill.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
My prediction: Bob will not play as CBJ again. :/

My guess is that after being pulled by Torts against Tampa (which was clearly Torts way to say "fy Bob") he decided to quit. My guess is that he missed a practice or several and MAYBE was rude on the phone when they called him to ask whatsup..

This is the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
My sense is Bob would waive his NMC to get away from what seems to be a miserable situation for him.
Or he could stick it to the Jackets.. not waive anything, not have to pack his stuff and finish the season away from his wife on the road.

And still collect the rest of his fat $7.425 million check while knowing he's walking this summer.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Or he could stick it to the Jackets.. not waive anything, not have to pack his stuff and finish the season away from his wife on the road.

And still collect the rest of his fat $7.425 million check while knowing he's walking this summer.

Interesting. The front office deserves this, but won't happen. Bob's agent won't let it happen:laugh:

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina

That would be incredibly dumb on Bob's part. Behaving childishly never increases your desirability to another team.

Reactions: Facifer

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002
Blue Jackets tell Sergei Bobrovsky to stay away after...

A meeting is planned before the Blue Jackets practice on Friday, general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said. If the meeting goes well, Bobrovsky could be on the ice for practice and with the team when they travel to play Washington on Saturday.

If not …

“I’m not going to speculate on any of that until we resolve the issue,” Kekalainen told The Athletic. “We’ll meet before the practice (Friday) and deal with it.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Interesting. The front office deserves this, but won't happen. Bob's agent won't let it happen:laugh:

That would be incredibly dumb on Bob's part. Behaving childishly never increases your desirability to another team.

I'm not saying its right or what I'd do.... just thinking out loud and playing into the stubbornness Bob has shown in the past.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

That'd get him suspended without pay. There are rules against that sort of thing.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Blue Jackets tell Sergei Bobrovsky to stay away after...

A meeting is planned before the Blue Jackets practice on Friday, general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said. If the meeting goes well, Bobrovsky could be on the ice for practice and with the team when they travel to play Washington on Saturday.

If not …

“I’m not going to speculate on any of that until we resolve the issue,” Kekalainen told The Athletic. “We’ll meet before the practice (Friday) and deal with it.
Jarmo has the personality of wallpaper paste. A complete stiff.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'll bet that Bob isn't moved anytime soon. He needs to relax a little (incidentally Tampa scores on average more than 4 goals per game). I think the FO still wants to approach things openly to make their decisions later this month, they'll want Bob to settle down so they can keep their options open.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
"The Boss" gets a big fat F for his handling of this year old situation. And he has a flatliner personality.
Why? His expectations are completely reasonable. It is the player who is acting irrationally and unreasonably.

Doesn't matter how Bob feels about the team. He is the team's player. Bare minimum expectation is that he does his job to the best of his abilities until he either leaves via Free Agency or the team decides to trade him.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
That'd get him suspended without pay. There are rules against that sort of thing.

:rolleyes:

Its his decision. Jarmo can find whatever trade he wants, but Bob has the final say.

He can very easily meet with Jarmo tomorrow, say this is what it is, I'm not approving any trades.. take it or leave it...

There's nothing against the "rules" doing that, its part of the NMC WE GAVE HIM.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Why? His expectations are completely reasonable. It is the player who is acting irrationally and unreasonably.

Doesn't matter how Bob feels about the team. He is the team's player. Bare minimum expectation is that he does his job to the best of his abilities until he either leaves via Free Agency or the team decides to trade him.

Bob has been an exemplary teammate for all of his time in Columbus. When he is a star of the game, he gets more applause than anyone else.

If you think that the FO has handled this well, then I really don't know what to say.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
It isn't Jarmo's job to be the player's buddy. It is his job to be the boss.

But Jarmo has had several situations where negotitations were handled badly (Ry-Jo notably). Throw in fact that Torts rubs folks the wrong way a lot (especially veteran players) and probably not a lot of good cop - bad cap. More of 2 jerks who a lot of players and agents could care less about.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
:rolleyes:

Its his decision. Jarmo can find whatever trade he wants, but Bob has the final say.

He can very easily meet with Jarmo tomorrow, say this is what it is, I'm not approving any trades.. take it or leave it...

There's nothing against the "rules" doing that, its part of the NMC WE GAVE HIM.

And the vast majority on this board will go nutzo if he exercises his contractual right. I've never seen such a "company" fan base for a team which has never done crap in my life.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Bob has been an exemplary teammate for all of his time in Columbus. When he is a star of the game, he gets more applause than anyone else.

If you think that the FO has handled this well, then I really don't know what to say.
The expectation is to be a good teammate the entire time, not just most of the time.

How he feels and behaves doesn't change his contract which he has an obligation to fulfill.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The expectation is to be a good teammate the entire time, not just most of the time.

How he feels and behaves doesn't change his contract which he has an obligation to fulfill.

How has he not fulfilled his contract?

Managing top level athletes is a skill with no similarities to managing every day working stiffs. Jarmo doesn't have it.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
But Jarmo has had several situations where negotitations were handled badly (Ry-Jo notably). Throw in fact that Torts rubs folks the wrong way a lot (especially veteran players) and probably not a lot of good cop - bad cap. More of 2 jerks who a lot of players and agents could care less about.
The Ryan Johansen situation was not handled badly. The team had all of the leverage and rights when negotiating Johansen's contract. They had no reason to just give in to his demands and it would have been irresponsible for them to have done so.

Opposite goes for Bob. Once he becomes a UFA he has all the rights and leverage. It would be irresponsible for his agent not to use those rights and leverage to their fullest extent.

Reactions: thebus88

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
How has he not fulfilled his contract?

Managing top level athletes is a skill with no similarities to managing every day working stiffs. Jarmo doesn't have it.
Without having seen his contract, I would guarantee that his contract stipulates that he will follow and abide by team policies and procedures. Additionally, he has a good faith obligation to render his services to the best of his abilities.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Without having seen his contract, I would guarantee that his contract stipulates that he will follow and abide by team policies and procedures. Additionally, he has a good faith obligation to render his services to the best of his abilities.
And just exactly how has he violated/not fulfilled that.

Don't even say leaving the bench. NHL, AHL and ECHL goalies go to the locker room after getting yanked all the time. Some even throw sh%t when they're PO'd.

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->