Eklund Rumor: Sergachev for Bouchard (MOD warning in OP)

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Reminder to read the rules.

Ignorance is not innocence: Board Specific Rules (*READ BEFORE POSTING*)

The Eklund tag is not there to endorse or represent Eklund as a reputable source of rumors.

The tag is there so posters can easily identify threads with Eklund as a source and decide whether or not they want to participate in the discussion. If folks don't care for this thread the forums are filled with thousands of other discussions they can participate in. No one is forcing you or anyone else to read these threads.

And the folks that like to come into these threads and spam them with anti-Eklund comments are doing a disservice to their follow HFB members by making it harder for them to have an on-topic discussion.

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Late Rumor: Sergachev to Oilers for Bouchard (e4). Dubnyk to San Jose?
pretty fair deal if it was true as Bouchard is under ELC and is a right shot puck moving dman.
Thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
He just didn't include the other pieces in the deal. Bouchard, 14th and Lavoie for Sergachev and one of their dumps( Johnson, Palat or Gourde)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
tenor.gif

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That doesn't make sense when talking about our RFA's. Johnson, Palat and Gourde, sure. But if we were shopping Sergachev every single team in the league would be lining up with an offer, and the price would be high.
It kinda does when the real threat of the offer sheet is out there. There's a deadline for Tampa to get their house in order. If they're not careful, they could potentially see multiple attempts on their RFAs.

Good comparable would be Dougie Hamilton the first time around.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think the Oilers would get more immediate help sure (though Bouchard should probably play 30-40 NHL games next year), but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bouchard was a 40-50+ point d-man right shot on Tampa within a reasonable time span, so in the long term I'm not really sure it's the slam dunk people may think it is now.

Kid has a shot release and outlet pass that you can't teach.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He just didn't include the other pieces in the deal. Bouchard, 14th and Lavoie for Sergachev and one of their dumps( Johnson, Palat or Gourde)

If they can dump any of those guys (all have NTCs) they'll find a way to keep Sergachev.

I don't think Sergachev gets moved for that futures package unless Tampa thinks Bouchard can play full time right away, which is maybe unlikely.

Reactions: Morrison

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Yes but it's been a long time. He use to have contacts in Philadelphia so he had the Carter and Richards trades.

He also had the Franson and Lombardi to Toronto trade.

The big one, the one that got people talking was Heatley foe Hossa that's what got him noticed

Soooo 7 years since his last break. And yet I see his name on these boards seemingly every week.

Reactions: Macheteops

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I think the Oilers would get more immediate help sure (though Bouchard should probably play 30-40 NHL games next year), but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bouchard was a 40-50+ point d-man right shot on Tampa within a reasonable time span, so in the long term I'm not really sure it's the slam dunk people may think it is now.

Kid has a shot release and outlet pass that you can't teach.

Kid is also an average skater at best and has some issues on the defensive side of things . I am sure he will be an good NHL player . Probably a top 4 but I would take the all around better defence man that is ready for prime time .

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
The deal actually makes some sense. Sergachev will want 6M so I’m not sure how the Oilers fit him in. Kiss their 1st and a good prospect goodbye to get rid of Neal and Russell.

Reactions: Morrison

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Reminder to read the rules.

Ignorance is not innocence: Board Specific Rules (*READ BEFORE POSTING*)

The Eklund tag is not there to endorse or represent Eklund as a reputable source of rumors.

The tag is there so posters can easily identify threads with Eklund as a source and decide whether or not they want to participate in the discussion. If folks don't care for this thread the forums are filled with thousands of other discussions they can participate in. No one is forcing you or anyone else to read these threads.

And the folks that like to come into these threads and spam them with anti-Eklund comments are doing a disservice to their follow HFB members by making it harder for them to have an on-topic discussion.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
That doesn't make sense when talking about our RFA's. Johnson, Palat and Gourde, sure. But if we were shopping Sergachev every single team in the league would be lining up with an offer, and the price would be high.
Half the league is already capped out and can barely afford their own guys let alone give up assets and can't even give salary back unfortunately. So realistically theirs only a small percentage of teams that COULD afford him (and don't even get me started on the teams dumping everyone to get as low as possible because they got zero revenue)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad