TSN: [Seravalli] Tony DeAngelo has expressed interest in a loan to the AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
If a team is interested in trading for DeAngelo accepting a loan to your AHL team is not a bad idea. You get to see for the rest of the season if he fits the system and if he can be a good team mate. If it goes poorly teams can cancel the loan. I assume the Rangers would continue to pay his salary while on loan?

You don't even need to trade for him. Rangers are 100% buying him out this offseason, so it would be a low risk move to see what he's really like in a locker room - if it doesn't work out, you can kick him off the team at any moment. If he does appear to be a decent enough fit you can offer him a 1-year deal in the offseason after he' bought out. Rangers would have to pay his salary the remainder of this year.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
You don't even need to trade for him. Rangers are 100% buying him out this offseason, so it would be a low risk move to see what he's really like in a locker room - if it doesn't work out, you can kick him off the team at any moment. If he does appear to be a decent enough fit you can offer him a 1-year deal in the offseason after he' bought out. Rangers would have to pay his salary the remainder of this year.

You’re right I didn’t consider the buyout and that is the most likely outcome

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
His NHL career is over.

It's doubtful he makes more than the $9.6million he's owed sitting at home.

Probably best if he sits till the end of next year, and then tries the KHL in 2022-23.

No it isn't there is to much talent there, if Antonio Brown confirmed anything it's that Morals don't exist in sports.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Some of the attitudes here would be considered illegal under Canadian employment laws. Just a FYI.
Actions can be illegal, attitudes represent a persons disposition (without manifestation) and/or thoughts that they can keep to themselves lest an action emerge. It could very well be that some countries have laws that can punish your thoughts or dispositions.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
No it isn't there is to much talent there, if Antonio Brown confirmed anything it's that Morals don't exist in sports.

I think Antonio Brown confirmed morals def don’t exist in the NFL . . But you’re right, there is def a talent/morals formula that dictates whether a player is valuable enough to ignore the bullshit that comes with them

I think Deangelo is def walking that line and, given his numbers last year, I wouldn’t be surprised if he got another shot next year

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I think Antonio Brown confirmed morals def don’t exist in the NFL . . But you’re right, there is def a talent/morals formula that dictates whether a player is valuable enough to ignore the bullshit that comes with them

I think Deangelo is def walking that line and, given his numbers last year, I wouldn’t be surprised if he got another shot next year

Marketing the NFL is way different than marketing the NHL.

There's a multitude of reasons why Mitch Miller and Slava Voynov aren't getting another crack. But simply put, the target demographic that hockey is marketed to will not tolerate that kind of behaviour.

To be 100% honest, there is absolutely ZERO reason for any NHL player to be on Twitter, other than to sabotage their own careers.

Nobody cares about their opinions or views on anything. They're hockey players. They're spoiled rich dumb idiots who play a rich-kids sport.

Nobody wants to know more about any of them, which is why they're media-trained to say scripted robotic shit.

Last edited:

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Can you imagine if every hockey player that took a swing at a teammate was banned for life? The entire 1970s wouldn't have happened. None of you guys every played competitive sports and got in your teammate's grill for something, and then kissed and made up afterward?

Or maybe every pro athlete that said some stupid, goofy quack should be put out to pasture.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Can you imagine if every hockey player that took a swing at a teammate was banned for life? The entire 1970s wouldn't have happened. None of you guys every played competitive sports and got in your teammate's grill for something, and then kissed and made up afterward?

Or maybe every pro athlete that said some stupid, goofy quack should be put out to pasture.

If it was just a fight I'm sure they would've moved past it. I'm not sure why everyone is acting like it's just the one incident with this guy. He's been a problem in the locker room going back to junior. If the Rangers thought the team could simply move on, he'd still be playing. That they've opted to exile him instead should speak volumes.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
so the nhl doesn't want him at all and now he's putting out his bat signal for the ahl and hoping one of them will take a gamble on him?

nuked his entire career even if he is the 'victim' of his own actions

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Why isn't his agent setting up an interview for him to cry, apologize, 'recognize how he's been an ass', and hope to make amends and move forward. If people believe he is sincere, he'll get another shot. He's got talent. He just needs to get in front of the cameras, admit his mistakes, apologize and cry a little (but not too much).

Reactions: 57special
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad