TSN: [Seravalli] Tony DeAngelo has expressed interest in a loan to the AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Insider Trading: Are the Leafs looking to make a move? - TSN.ca

Duthie: It’s been one month since the New York Rangers cut ties with Tony DeAngelo and so far no takers for a player whose career has been full of controversy, what’s next for him?

Seravalli: Tony DeAngelo has expressed interest in a loan to the American Hockey League. That’s what he let the Rangers know, that he’d like to get playing again, he’s been skating for the last month to this point on his own. He’s willing to accept a loan to any AHL franchise and I believe the Rangers are interested in facilitating that, but it would take someone else stepping up to do so. Because the Rangers have let him know he’s not welcome in Hartford, the ties have been cut with the entire Rangers organization to this point.

7drHiqr.gif

In all seriousness, would any fan base want DeAngelo around their young players?

Note: I don't mean Rags fans volunteering other fanbases to take on DeAngelo

Reactions: Declassified

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
ADA earned 4.4m this year and whatever 1/3 buy out amount is next year. Invest well cause chances of ever playing in NHL aren't good.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
If I owned, managed, or coached a team I wouldn't let my players follow him on twitter, let alone let the guy into the dressing room as a teammate.

I hope he never plays another NHL game.

Reactions: Stasis

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
If a team is interested in trading for DeAngelo accepting a loan to your AHL team is not a bad idea. You get to see for the rest of the season if he fits the system and if he can be a good team mate. If it goes poorly teams can cancel the loan. I assume the Rangers would continue to pay his salary while on loan?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Woof, has NYR said if they would buy him out at end of this yearor can they void his deal somehow?

If they had grounds to void his deal I think they would have already. Very likely he's bought out since it only costs 1/3 of his salary. They shouldn't have even qualified him last year if he was one incident away from banishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad