TSN: [Seravalli] Tony DeAngelo has expressed interest in a loan to the AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
Which makes all crybabies whining about "being cancelled" and "not allowed to play" even more stupid.
it's very weird seeing a couple posters obsessed with cancel culture who seem to think they are on the front lines of a culture war, turning every Deangelo thread into litigating cancel culture bullshit...this thread isn't even about Deangelo anymore.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Can someone give me a refresher on what exactly he's done to earn this untouchability?
I know he attacked Georgiev, and that was the final straw.
Other than that, I'm not familiar with what he's done aside from post idiotic things on social media and use a homophobic slur in juniors.

I really, really, really, really, really, really hope that participating in the sewer that is twitter isn't a main driver of this stuff.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Can someone give me a refresher on what exactly he's done to earn this untouchability?
Other than that, I'm not familiar with what he's done aside from post idiotic things on social media and use a homophobic slur in juniors.

I really, really, really, really, really, really hope that participating in the sewer that is twitter isn't a main driver of this stuff.
Really seems like everyone that he's crossed paths with hates him

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL

Nope. No one on here can. They’ll just speculate and fill in the blanks with their own bs.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
The comment that Jamie Benn liked is common sense, nothing transphobic. It's not fair to biological women to compete with transgender.

You're missing the point.

People like Benn suddenly become feminists only when their own idea of how women should look/act get challenged. They feel threatened.

"I'm a man and this how I think women should look so now I'm gonna chime in on this one".

That's garbage. Has nothing to do with you Jamie.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Nope. No one on here can. They’ll just speculate and fill in the blanks with their own bs.

Yeah. It even got to the point where Georgiev was blamed for what happen.
BS. Not only BS. Brainless BS.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
You're missing the point.

People like Benn suddenly become feminists only when their own idea of how women should look/act get challenged. They feel threatened.

"I'm a man and this how I think women should look so now I'm gonna chime in on this one".

That's garbage. Has nothing to do with you Jamie.

Is there more to the Jamie Benn story than him liking a post?

You mention him commenting on how women should look - where is that coming from?

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
When there are that many skeletons it doesn't matter if a couple of them are decorations.

I'll disagree with you - there a many so-called journalists who are happy to run with internet rumors or speculate as if there is an actual source they are consulting. Not specific to this player but relative. Given the reactions to this story and others, there should be something resembling a standard that a professional adheres to.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
My personal opinion isn't what you were arguing about.

And I think when you make a serious claim, like someone is racist, the onus is on you to prove it, not to claim that ethnic slurs are similarly bad. Thats a creative way to find your way out of proving what you asserted.

Semantics might apply when we are arguing over something rather trivial. Claims of racism, I don't think there's anything semantical about differentiating between what is a racial slur and what is an ethnic slur.
Wait how is an ethnic slur not racially charged?? Wtf

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

Does anyone really expect the team to publish a list of "every time DeAngelo did a thing that pissed off the coach, teammates or management"?

Publicly we do know a few things that likely didn't help... the issue early this year with the unsportsmanlike penalty for yelling at officials which prompted a 2 game benching and a comment from Quinn re: struggling with maturity issues. Challenging a fan to a fight online. And thats before you get into the nonstop airing of his political grievances on twitter, and the podcast, and the Covid denying in a city that was devastated by it. No one thing is super egregious, but given his history, all of those things together and the insinuation that there were other clashes with teammates..... its no wonder that the team found him to be a distraction

Reactions: Conbon

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Does anyone really expect the team to publish a list of "every time DeAngelo did a thing that pissed off the coach, teammates or management"?

Publicly we do know a few things that likely didn't help... the issue early this year with the unsportsmanlike penalty for yelling at officials which prompted a 2 game benching and a comment from Quinn re: struggling with maturity issues. Challenging a fan to a fight online. And thats before you get into the nonstop airing of his political grievances on twitter, and the podcast, and the Covid denying in a city that was devastated by it. No one thing is super egregious, but given his history, all of those things together and the insinuation that there were other clashes with teammates..... its no wonder that the team found him to be a distraction

My question is why is that enough for people to wish he never plays in the NHL again? I get that teams want to move on from him but why are fans so dead set on seeing his NHL career ended?

Reactions: kerrabria

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Damn, I had such high hopes that this thread would stay on topic..

Since the usual topics on whether he threw around racial slurs or just various other bigoted language, if cancel culture will doom us all, and whether politics should be our primary topic of discussion on HFBoards now has been complemented with the topic about trans right, I'm gonna go ahead and close what feels like my hundred DeAngelo thread. Happy anniversary, or something.

We'll revisit the DeAngelo topic when something hockey related happens.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad