Seravalli: Seravalli & Marek: "Avs are 100% acquiring a goaltender"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
How much is Wash willing to retain on Keumper?

We could easily go Lindgren-Shephard-Stevenson next year which is already a cap saving even if we retain 50%.

I wouldnt mind using a retention spot for that if the return justifies it. But to retain for 3 years and block a retention spot during the period where we are likely shuffling the same route every TDL is tying a lot of possibilities, so its not just propably worth it for any return that makes sense for Kuemper.

So its propably a no.

We could take salary back though.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Man I know avs fans hate him but I would give up a 1st and some goodies to get him at 2mil retained.
OK with us. He plays better with the visual of the Avs unis in front of him, than the visual of the Caps jerseys. Or something. And, OK, maybe having a team that you know is fully and totally capable of outscoring the minimum 1 bad goal you regularly give up per game (vs. the Caps, who can't really score at all) helps keep your play from completely cratering in games.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Guy with a sub .900 svp is the best answer for a team going for the cup?
Georgiev has a .901 save percentage on a contending team. Kahkonen is doing it on what is either the worst or the second worst team in the league. If the Avs feel Georgiev is good enough to ride as a starter as his games played suggests thus far, they may feel like they only need a backup or 1B sort of option. Kahkonen makes sense in that sort of situation. His numbers will improve with a much better defense in front of him.

Reactions: JKG33

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Georgiev has a .901 save percentage on a contending team. Kahkonen is doing it on what is either the worst or the second worst team in the league. If the Avs feel Georgiev is good enough to ride as a starter as his games played suggests thus far, they may feel like they only need a backup or 1B sort of option. Kahkonen makes sense in that sort of situation. His numbers will improve with a much better defense in front of him.
Yeah and we actively want Georgiev gone

It's just not a fit. It makes no sense at all.

Aussie91

Mar 7, 2023
lol come on. Husso has 2 years at $5m. You're adding your 2024 1st and retaining 50%, right?
im not saying Husso is the one, but with how Lyon has played it makes one expendable between him and Reimer. i wouldn't say no to retaining on Husso going out in a deal

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah and we actively want Georgiev gone

It's just not a fit. It makes no sense at all.
We doesn't mean the actual team making the moves. And even if you swap Georgiev for a better starter, having a better backup option available is also in their best interest.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Seravalli: "Avs are 100% acquiring a goaltender"

Marek: "Avs will for sure bring in a goaltender with a good number of games under their belt. They're not done yet."

--

I'd imagine acquiring a starter would need to see Georgiev going the other way along with whatever add-ons.

What's out there? Who is realistic?
they are not trading Georgiev. This is just to have a backup. Imagine Geo goes down. Even if Pavel was healthy, you'd want better options going into the playoffs.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Im surprised by the Avs giving up on Georgiev, he was at the All Star game.
he's been awful all season and was t great in last years playoffs. Avs fans soured in him

If Georgiev, who was excellent last year and has been solid this year (carrying the heaviest workload in the league), is available, NJD should be all over it, but I expect the target here is a backup
4giev is hos name now and he hasn't been good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad