Seravalli: Seravalli & Marek: "Avs are 100% acquiring a goaltender"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Vet backup IMO.

Its probably the wrong decision but I don’t think the Avs have any intention of “upgrading” from Georgiyev as the starter nor invite a situation where now Georgiyev is a 1A/B and looking over his back the rest of the year.

I think Annunen has been pretty solid but this smells of a pure veteran backup who is experienced and nothing more.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Given the sort of assets Colorado has available to trade, I think Kahkonen is probably their best answer. Either of the 4th round picks they have in the next two drafts is probably about what his value is as a rental goalie. I think his numbers will improve on a much better team. Being at .895 save percentage is a minor miracle behind the Sharks' group of skaters.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Nedeljkovic is very affordable and playing well + has PO experience.
Nice thing about him too is he can play the puck well. Imagine him headmanning the puck up to Makar & Toews on the fly. Whew! I’ll go ahead and put you guys down for Behrens and a 5th.

Reactions: BHD

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Given the sort of assets Colorado has available to trade, I think Kahkonen is probably their best answer. Either of the 4th round picks they have in the next two drafts is probably about what his value is as a rental goalie. I think his numbers will improve on a much better team. Being at .895 save percentage is a minor miracle behind the Sharks' group of skaters.
Guy with a sub .900 svp is the best answer for a team going for the cup?

Reactions: hn777

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Avs and Caps has history on goalie trades. And here we are again, not one but two market-qualified options to get it going!

Lindgren is the value piece, Kuemper you get for scraps. Which one you want?

And forget that Allen dude, what ive heard Habs arent looking to trade him. They are chasing the wildcard-spot.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Watch out for those Allen posts… that’s how Habs fans do it… they start off with sarcastic/humour posts, but eventually enough of them band together and their collective will, manifests the trade into existence….

• Haha
Reactions: Chose

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont think they get a starter but I'd like to be wrong on that one. Avs won thr cup in 2022 with quite frankly below average goaltending from Kuemper, but I don't think they're strong enough to win again this year with the same level of goaltending and Im not sure Georgiev can provide better much better than what we got from Kuemper.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
It'll probably be a pretty unsexy acquisition like an Allen, Blackwood, Reimer, etc. But they should 100% upgrade Georgiev. Go get Ullmark or Markstrom, and then after next season hopefully have Annunen take over.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
It'll probably be a pretty unsexy acquisition like an Allen, Blackwood, Reimer, etc. But they should 100% upgrade Georgiev. Go get Ullmark or Markstrom, and then after next season hopefully have Annunen take over.
One of these things is not like the others. Blackwood is holding the San Jose franchise together at the seams, he would be a great add that could usurp Georgiev but I don't think he'd be super cheap

Reactions: JKG33

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Neds makes more sense then Allen as it still leaves money for them add if they need. They could take Nedelkovich+Smith (retained) if they want to add true depth.

Reactions: AslanRH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad