Speculation: Seravalli Insider Trading: Canucks “Top of the list” Interest for Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Close this dumb thread. We’re not trading Gallagher for any of your garbage.

Besides, Gallagher is NOT going anywhere.

Reactions: Rico Suave

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Montreal trades him now, they will get a pretty weak return. Wait until the deadline and rent him out and you'll probably get a much better package. I suspect there's only garbage offers out there right now.

Reactions: Michoulicious

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
And you think Gallagher is the move they would make? Not Byron or sending someone down to the AHL? Come on.

I didn't say that is the move Bergevin is going to make at all. Just said what the price would be in 2020. It's a simple reality of a flat cap.

But if Gallager is unhappy about the contract talks breaking off and the demotion to the 3rd line. Then Bergevin might not have much of a choice but to move him.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
What a dumb f***ing thread and these proposals are just as bad. Habs can get under the cap very easily also we don't need to trade anyone but send a player down to the AHL.
“Here’s our trash, now give us your best player!!”

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Gallagher would be a real valuable trade chip. He's got a very low cap hit for the quality of player he brings to the table.

I'd guess a 1st + B+ prospect + Roster player.

Virtanen + 1st + Hoglander
For a rental?! Are you nuts??? Maybe if there is a signed extension in place but I think that is highly unlikely.

Reactions: Canucks LB

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I didn't say that is the move Bergevin is going to make at all. Just said what the price would be in 2020. It's a simple reality of a flat cap.

But if Gallager is unhappy about the contract talks breaking off and the demotion to the 3rd line. Then Bergevin might not have much of a choice but to move him.
Who said he was demoted to the 3rd line what?

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Bergevin is so dumb,

give Anderson 5.5 mil then Gallagher is going to demand close to 8.

Give me Gallagher over Anderson 7days a week and twice on Sundays.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not a troll post at all. What do you think Vancouver is going to offer? Maybe change Virtanen to Gaudette but considering Vancouver has been shopping Virtanen for what seems like forever it is pretty reasonable that they offer him. If Montreal wants a player that's about all Vancouver is going to offer from their roster. Or Montreal settles for a pick somewhere from the 3rd round to 5th round like everyone else is on their dumps right now. Montreal has zero leverage just like everyone else in 2020.

Only reason Montreal would want to trade Gallager is because he doesn't want to stay there after contract talks have stalled. They can get a 3rd line player or a pick for him. Better to keep him until the deadline and see if the market warms up.

Gallagher is the furthest thing from a dump...

Come on, think a little.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I have absolutely no words for you.

Schmidt was literally just traded for a 3rd. Does that mean I can get Kucherov and Point for a 2nd and a 3rd? No, but Schmidt was JUST had for a 3rd ;)

You know Schmidt is a top-pairing defenceman? Maybe Montreal was on his no trade list, but his value is clearly worth more than a 3rd. If you watch football, DeAndre Hopkins was traded for pennies on the dollar but it doesn’t take a moron to realize his value is clearly more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad