Speculation: Seravalli Insider Trading: Canucks “Top of the list” Interest for Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
No players with Canucks can't fit with Mtl canadiens.

You can't trade a 30 goals scorer for 1-2 players and 1-2 round, When you are going to all in this year.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Virtanen isn't even signed and Canucks have $1.9M in cap. Ferland goes onto LTIR then maybe.

I would have to assume that Ferland's career is done from what happened to him after he came back. Most Vancouver fans have been saying he goes on LTIR for the duration of his contract. Virtanen makes some sense if you are bumping Gallager to the third line in Montreal. Virtanen will be about a million less cap hit and better suited to a 3rd line role.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Edmundson + Gallagher for Schmidt (3rd round pick value) + Pearson.

Yeah....Schmidt's sticking around. He's a top pairing D after all, we need more then Hughes.

As for the ask about Podkolzin, that would be the deal, likely with a Benn or Baertschi sized cap dump attached. Guys a top 10 prospect and we haven't even started his ELC yet.

Gallagher's great, but we just got Schmidt for a third round pick. That's the market we are in now.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
That's the market for teams over the cap by a significant margin. Our team is already cap compliant, nobody is being had for free.
That's not how it works.

Teams aren't taking on salary. Doesn't matter what Montreal is or isn't.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Brendan Gallagher for 5th round pick (drafted in the fifth round).

Realize how dumb that logic is?
I have absolutely no words for you.

Schmidt was literally just traded for a 3rd. Does that mean I can get Kucherov and Point for a 2nd and a 3rd? No, but Schmidt was JUST had for a 3rd ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad