Rumor: Seravalli- 'Canucks were ready willing and eager to move Miller' where does he go this off-season if moved?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I had a dream a few nights ago where he went to Minnesota for Rossi and a bunch of other stuff to make the cap work.

So that's my prediction as my dreams are never wrong.

F01E6C9A-8992-47B1-BAD8-9061C733D91C.gif

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Fans of no team want this guys contract.

OP starts thread after thread about this.

Of course they’re “ready and willing to trade him”. They have buyers remorse before it even started. My favorite part is “for the right price….”
So much buyers remorse to keep a ppg player signed at 8m....such an overused statement.

Canucks are not dumping JT, they would move him if the offer was too good to pass on. Canucks management has said they are NOT rebuilding they are ReTOOLing...hence why we gave up a 1st and 2nd round pick for Hronek to add a top 4 RHD that hopefully helps improve our pathetic D core.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

tnnr

Feb 19, 2023
If Carolina flames out in a round or 2 this year, I can see them making a big push for JT in the off season

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Yah instead you get to pay 8.5 million a year to a 50 point C, who won't hit, won't fight and is average in his own end. So much better right?
Seriously, dude?

Anyway, Miller will not be traded. Vancouver will be left with a huge hole at #2C.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Seriously, dude?

Anyway, Miller will not be traded. Vancouver will be left with a huge hole at #2C.
I responded to a comment that was a jab against the Canucks with a jab against the isles, you miss that part?

Yes, I love Horvat, but he's worth no where near that contract, one of the most frustrating things about him is that he won't throw the big hit and he won't stick up for teammates, especially when they get cheap shotted. He's very average at best in his own end. On a defense first team like the Isles he's a 50 point player, since joining the isles he is at a 43 point pace.

Miller is our 2nd line C, on a 75 point pace, playing a lot better, so your comment makes no sense.

Reactions: Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I responded to a comment that was a jab against the Canucks with a jab against the isles, you miss that part?

Yes, I love Horvat, but he's worth no where near that contract, one of the most frustrating things about him is that he won't throw the big hit and he won't stick up for teammates, especially when they get cheap shotted. He's very average at best in his own end. On a defense first team like the Isles he's a 50 point player, since joining the isles he is at a 43 point pace.

Miller is our 2nd line C, on a 75 point pace, playing a lot better, so your comment makes no sense.
I agree with what you said, I was just not a fan of rubbing that in the Islanders fans face.

And I think you read my post wrong. I’m saying Miller is our 2nd line Center and he won’t be traded.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I agree with what you said, I was just not a fan of rubbing that in the Islanders fans face.

And I think you read my post wrong. I’m saying Miller is our 2nd line Center and he won’t be traded.
I was just returning the chirping that the poster started with.

Ahhhh I get what your saying.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
We have nothing even close to a replacement for Miller and we seem to want to compete now (as misguided as that may be) so it is hard to see Miller being traded. Sure maybe for a younger 2C with upside but that seems unlikely.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I don’t think that contract is that bad. He’s a 1st line player and not even 30 yet
True, for the right team. By the time the Canucks are seriously competitive, if that ever happens he’ll be older and quite possibly overpaid and they’ll have to pay to get rid of it. They can still get something for him now

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If Carolina flames out in a round or 2 this year, I can see them making a big push for JT in the off season
I'll never say never, but I'd be surprised. 30 years old with a high dollar, long term contract just hasn't been in this ownership groups wheel house. This is not a knock on JT Miller the player, just a statement of how the Canes management group treats deals like this. They let guys like Faulk, Hamilton, Trocheck, etc..walk vs. paying them high dollar long term deals in their late 20s.

Maybe someday they'll change their MO, but until I put it in a "I'll believe it when I see it" category.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad