Blue Jays Discussion: September Call-ups & Meaningful Baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Sanchez and Dickey are for sure pitching in the Yankees series. Likely Stroman after that, then that lines it up for Estrada/Happ/Sanchez in the Red Sox series.

Hope it's Sanchez, Dickey and Stroman then. With another day off after the Yankees series, they can skip Liriano's turn and have their top 3 starters go against Boston

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Sanchez and Dickey are for sure pitching in the Yankees series. Likely Stroman after that, then that lines it up for Estrada/Happ/Sanchez in the Red Sox series.

Thought I heard lariano is on his way to the pen with the two off days comming up

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
"Dallas Keekel".

Also yeah, majority of pundits expected the Jays to win the East, except for the majority of them that predicted the Red Sox to win it. Worst bullpen ever? Not even the worst bullpen in the division.

I'm glad he gave a nod to our star players though. Edwin Encarnacion, Josh Donaldson, Troy Tulowitzki, Michael Saunders, and Darwin Barney.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I laughed at them including Barney in our list of positional players.

EE, JD, Tulo, Saunders, and Barney :laugh:

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
Tellez with another jack.

still hoping they bring him up for a look.

He is not even on the 40-man roster. So the Jays would have cut someone of the roster, to bring in a player that can't help them in the post-season, and at the same time burn an option year, so that they can give him a couple of AB's. From everything, that this front office says and does, they are in no hurry to bring in a bat in that fashion.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Boston and Baltimore are both creeping up the AL East standings.

I swear, what are the Blue Jays waiting for, the upcoming series in The Bronx? Meanwhile, the Yankees got shut out, 8-0. Final.

:facepalm:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Boston and Baltimore are both creeping up the AL East standings.

I swear, what are the Blue Jays waiting for, the upcoming series in The Bronx? Meanwhile, the Yankees got shut out, 8-0. Final.

:facepalm:

you do realize we just took 2 of 3 from the O's before tonights game right? That facepalm should be for your post.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
$31M/season gets you one terrible inning per start, it seems.

Last edited:

bentharbour

Feb 27, 2008
Yeah, people around this thread overreact like crazy. The Jays can't win every game. TB always plays us hard. Wouldn't shock me to see the Rays win the series.

The MLB season is a long one.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
That was a poor effort last night. The boys really need to tighten up in the field. Big game tonight!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I thought trade deadline moves were supposed to help your team, not hurt it.

but hey at least we have the security of knowing that upton and liriano will be around next year too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad