Injury Report: Sept. 28 upd: Claude Giroux (Lower Body Injury) could return Tuesday Sept. 30

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm pretty confident Powe won't be in the picture. He really can't do much of anything now a days at the NHL level, he played a pretty agressive style all these years & it took a toll on him. Hell he hasn't had an NHL point since the year we traded him to Minny.

Yeah I was just joking, I have no doubt he stays far away from the NHL team.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Back in their first go round, up through 04-05, did we have any journeyman AHLers on the Phantoms? Only one I can recall was Peter White, I know he was an AHL machine, but I don't think he ever spent much time in the show.

I suspect Powe is that guy now. He's there to acclimate the kids to the league. Sad part is he is only 29.

Neil Little. John Slaney.

They also have Andrew Gordon now who has great AHL numbers and he's been around the minors for 7 seasons.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Per radio, and prior to today's game, Berube would "like to get him (Giroux) into one preseason game." That could be wishful thinking or perhaps an indication that the injury is on the side closer to two weeks rather than four.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull · 1h
Giroux is apparently WAAAAY ahead of schedule. He is stretching on the ice. He won't be in lineup tonight, but may play soon.

Giroux is skating gingerly and flipping a puck lightly.

Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull · 57m
Berube optimistic Giroux will play in a preseason game or more. Says he skated on his own yesterday.

Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull · 30s
Giroux said he felt "good. Better than I thought" during an 80-minute practice session.

Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull · 51s
Giroux says he will undoubtedly play in Game 1 in Boston. Says he would like to play a couple preseason games to develop line chemistry.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Giroux is apparently WAAAAY ahead of schedule. He is stretching on the ice. He won't be in lineup tonight, but may play soon.

Giroux is skating gingerly and flipping a puck lightly.

Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull · 57m
Berube optimistic Giroux will play in a preseason game or more. Says he skated on his own yesterday.

Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull · 30s
Giroux said he felt "good. Better than I thought" during an 80-minute practice session.

Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull · 51s
Giroux says he will undoubtedly play in Game 1 in Boston. Says he would like to play a couple preseason games to develop line chemistry.

Good news, but hopefully he's not pushing it. Don't want this turning into a nagging thing that we're still dealing with down the stretch.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Quite worried he is rushing back... I mean on one hand it is awesome and why we all love him so much, the determination and heart the guys has, but last year it would probably have been better for him to miss the first 5 or so games and come back at 100%.

Hopefully my fear is ill-founded and he is just recovering quicker than expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad