Injury Report: Sept. 28 upd: Claude Giroux (Lower Body Injury) could return Tuesday Sept. 30

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He doesn't seem like the sharpest bowling ball, just leave him on wing and say go. The less he thinks I believe he'll be better off. No need to keep switching him, he needs a home. Now whether or not he'll stop sucking is a different matter, but let's start with keeping it simple.

You're not getting much out of the first couple of preseason games. The focus won't be on guys like Brayden during those games. Once the roster starts shaping up towards the end is where you any value out of it for guys like Brayden.

In the split squad game where all 40 or whatever the number of the guys invited to the camp are playing on the same night between two games he might be playing center by default.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Where did the 2-4 weeks come from ? Everything I saw says 2 weeks and ready for start of season ????

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't know where the 4 is coming from.

@NHLFlyers
UPDATE: Claude Giroux will be out approximately two weeks with a lower-body injury, per #Flyers GM Ron Hextall → http://nhlflye.rs/BHjsy

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
wpid-pandatantrum1.gif

:shakehead:help::cry:

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
God damn, that's 3 years in a row now.. I guess a good start is too much to ask.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lecavalier starting as the first line center is a very good idea if you're hoping Connor McDavid ends up as a Flyer.

MadFerIt95*

If it is a groin injury he may have another scoring drought just of a different variety

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
This OBVIOUSLY means AK makes the team now :sarcasm::sarcasm:

AK-Schenn-Voracek

Then we get McDavid.

Oh also AK wins the Calder when Giorux comes back scoring 30 goals with 20 assists. CALLING IT.

EDIT: Also I mightive started to drink abit earlies.

EDIT2: Giroux getting hurt makes me drink. dry Island no moar

EDIT3: I also can not confirm or deny if he grabbed me butt. E3

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
That's where I saw four weeks.

@JoshRimerHockey: Ron Hextall announces that Claude Giroux will be out for 2-4 weeks with what is described as a lower body injury.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
If Giroux were ever down indefinitely, I think I'd run with this:

Read-Couturier-Voracek
Akeson-Schenn-Simmonds
Raffl-Lecavalier-Umberger
Bellemarre-Laughton-Rinaldo

It's far from ideal, but I think it would be passable for an unextended period of time.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
If Giroux were ever down indefinitely, I think I'd run with this:

Read-Couturier-Voracek
Akeson-Schenn-Simmonds
Raffl-Lecavalier-Umberger
Bellemarre-Laughton-Rinaldo

It's far from ideal, but I think it would be passable for an unextended period of time.

I like it. Gives Couturier and Schenn a chance to prove themselves and really step up their game to the next level that we've been waiting for. I think that was bound to happen this season anyway, but this scenario would necessitate it.

However, I'd like to go on record as saying I think this will not be recurring, Giroux starts the season on Opening night and has another Hart candidate-worthy season

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The thing I am most worried about is Giroux rushing back.

I would rather he miss the first 5 games and be 100% than start in game 1 and take 10 games to get fully up to speed.

But he will be 'ready' for game 1... he was the last two years even though he was not really 'ready'. But I think we all know how much he hates to miss a game or even a shift, and I would not have that any other way, love his desire, passion and intensity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad