Injury Report: Sept. 28 upd: Claude Giroux (Lower Body Injury) could return Tuesday Sept. 30

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Laughton skating with the veteran group in Giroux's place instead of with the prospects this morning.

As you have probablly have seen, twitter just corrected it and said Laughton IS with the rookies.

They will most likely just move Akeson or PEB up and have someone like VV, or Powe fill in on the bottom line.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Some seem to think PEB might get moved up for abit. Berube said yesterday (well the article I read made it sound like yesterday) that he thinks PEB is a skilled forward.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...rd-bellemare-adjusting-life-america/15916051/

“He’s a skilled guy,” coach Craig Berube said. “He’s got good hands. He’s got a real good release on his shot and he skates well. Those are the three things that jump out at me with him. Now, we’ve got to see him under pressure, got to see him in all those situations.”

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Thanks. Without Giroux we seriosuly look terrible.

Glad to see Alt getting some love.

Ehh that's about where I expected him to be. After Schenn he's the only right handed shot that has a chance to play in the NHL this year.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Ehh that's about where I expected him to be. After Schenn he's the only right handed shot that has a chance to play in the NHL this year.

Oh I know but they could have him with the rookies instead of the vet squad. Alot of his 2nd year players are down with the rookies.

In the end though they did need another right handed guy to play with Schultz though. But they could of easily called up Manning or Oliver or someone like that.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

He's older than those other 2nd year guys though. He'll be 23 when the season starts. He also had a better season than those guys last year. Among the second year forwards there's not really a guy you can say deserves to be with the veterans. Would I like to see some? Yeah, but they haven't exactly earned it. Like I said he's about where he should be.

If there's a short term injury on the right side, Schultz probably jumps in. If there's a long-term injury Alt is probably the guy (Unless it's Streit that gets hurt). What's interesting is Gostisbehere playing the right side with Morin. Not sure if they're just seeing what they have right now with the lack of RH shots, but if he can do it (and I'm confident he can) his path just got a little clearer.

As far as Manning and Lauridsen, well Alt's just better than those guys.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Lecavalier starting as the first line center is a very good idea if you're hoping Connor McDavid ends up as a Flyer.

I just want Lecavalier there for training camp because he is arguably the closest to a first-line C at the moment and I agree with Schenn training as an LW.

Jtown said:
usually i expect such brilliance from bernieparent.

You forgot the quotes around "brilliance". ;)

FrankM95149 said:
Well there's a new sheriff in town

emperor-would-you-care-to-step-outside.jpg

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
As you have probablly have seen, twitter just corrected it and said Laughton IS with the rookies.

They will most likely just move Akeson or PEB up and have someone like VV, or Powe fill in on the bottom line.

VV and Powe should be no where near this roster.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah but they just signed Rinaldo to a new contract so he's signed for 3 years so nobody is really going to be where they belong.

I'm pretty confident Powe won't be in the picture. He really can't do much of anything now a days at the NHL level, he played a pretty agressive style all these years & it took a toll on him. Hell he hasn't had an NHL point since the year we traded him to Minny.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I thought Powe signed an AHL only contract?

He does, would need to sign an NHL one to join the roster on opening day & beyond. VV came to camp last year on an AHL contract stuck till the end of camp then later signed an NHL contract to get a call up about a month or so into the season. I don't see that scenario playing out with Powe though.

He looks to be essentially just a body at that practice with the veterans since it looks like they want to keep them & the prospects separated (sans Alt but he didn't play in the rookie game though).

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
He does, would need to sign an NHL one to join the roster on opening day & beyond. VV came to camp last year on an AHL contract stuck till the end of camp then later signed an NHL contract to get a call up about a month or so into the season. I don't see that scenario playing out with Powe though.

He looks to be essentially just a body at that practice with the veterans since it looks like they want to keep them & the prospects separated (sans Alt but he didn't play in the rookie game though).

Back in their first go round, up through 04-05, did we have any journeyman AHLers on the Phantoms? Only one I can recall was Peter White, I know he was an AHL machine, but I don't think he ever spent much time in the show.

I suspect Powe is that guy now. He's there to acclimate the kids to the league. Sad part is he is only 29.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Back in their first go round, up through 04-05, did we have any journeyman AHLers on the Phantoms? Only one I can recall was Peter White, I know he was an AHL machine, but I don't think he ever spent much time in the show.

I suspect Powe is that guy now. He's there to acclimate the kids to the league. Sad part is he is only 29.

I honestly couldn't tell you, that's a question for MSE.

He played a pretty rough style of hockey. He was always out there going 100 MPH hitting everything in sight. It catches up to you especially if you're not the biggest of guys like Powe. Even when he was initially here, he was always missing double digit games a year. The last I really recall of him was with the Rangers, I think he got his bell rung & was later found to be concussed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad