Seph's 2011 mock draft

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
:edmonton
1. Edmonton Oilers – Adam Larsson [Gain a franchise defenseman which they desperately need]

:sens
2. Ottawa Senators – Ryan Nugent-Hopkins [Gain a future playmaking centre with tons of skill.]

:isles
3. New York Islanders – Sean Couturier [Gain a 2-way centre with scoring touch & grit that can switch positions if need be.]

:devils
4. New Jersey Devils – Gabriel Landeskog [Gain a potential leader and top 6 player that will probably be moved to Right Wing.]

:bruins
5. Boston Bruins [TOR] – Jonathan Huberdeau [Gain an offensive elite player that will probably be moved to wing.]

:panthers
6. Florida Panthers – Ryan Murphy [Gain a North American powerhouse offensive defender to make their system even more impressive.]

:avs
7. Colorado Avalanche – Ryan Strome [Gain another smallish highly skilled centre that will be moved to wing later on.]

:blues
8. St. Louis Blues – Brandon Saad [Gain a top 6 left winger with good hands and scoring touch.]

:sabres
9. Buffalo Sabres – Duncan Siemens [Gain a physical defenseman to play alongside Myers.]

:thrashers
10. Atlanta Thrashers – Matt Puempel [Gain an elite scoring wing that has size and good defensive game.]

:cbj
11. Columbus Blue Jackets – Victor Rask [Gain a offensive powerhouse player that can play centre.]

:canes
12. Carolina Hurricanes – Tyler Biggs [Gain a big frame, future captain with scoring touch and compete level.]

:hawks
13. Chicago Blackhawks – Doug Hamilton [Gain a big frame finesse defense that can play both zones.]

:flames
14. Calgary Flames – Ty Rattie [Gain a playmaking forward that will improve their system much.]

:rangers
15. New York Rangers – David Musil [Gain a offensive quarterback that will help their PP and scoring depth.]

:kings
16. Los Angeles Kings – Joel Armia [Gain a talented winger with high raw offensive talent.]

:wild
17. Minnesota Wild – Sven Bartschi [Anything will be a improvement. But gain a winger with nice scoring touch and grit around the net.]

:sharks
18. San Jose Sharks – Mark McNeill [Gain another power forward that has a good defensive game and scoring touch.]

:coyotes
19. Phoenix Coyotes – Mika Zibanejad [Gain a talented forward that will help their top 6 in the future.]

:sens
20. Ottawa Senators [NSH] – Nicklas Jensen [Gain another forward with high offensive potential to go along with a great defense system.]

:habs
21. Montreal Canadiens – Mark Scheifele [Gain a talented forward with good size and grit with good vision and along the boards.]

:ducks
22. Anaheim Ducks – Scott Mayfield [Gain a lite version of Tyler Meyers that can play in all situations.]

:caps
23. Washington Capitals – Alex Khokhlachev [Do I even need to say anything? Gain a creative forward with speed and talent with Russian connections.]

:stars
24. Dallas Stars – JT Miller [A very good skater with tons of compete level and decent stick handling.]

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
:bruins
25. Boston Bruins – Nathan Beaulieu [Gain a good 2-way defenseman that will replace Chara one day. :sarcasm:]

:bolts
26. Tampa Bay Lightning – Myles Bell [Gain another 2 way defenseman that can play every situation.]

:pens
27. Pittsburgh Penguins – Matthew Neito [Gain a 2-way forward that has nice offensive potential and is a safe pick.]

:wings
28. Detroit Red Wings – Rickard Rackell [Gain another 2-way forward who can play every forward position and every situation.]

:leafs
29. Toronto Maple Leafs [PHI] – Daniel Caenacci [Gain the fastest player in the draft with good 2-way ability and scoring potential.]

:nucks
30. Vancouver Canucks – Dmitiri Jaskin [Gain a player with smarts and vision that has good compete level.]

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Pretty solid list.

I think Hamilton goes HIGHER than that though...maybe even top 6-7.

And I know for a fact that scouts from the Sharks have been to watch PA, just to see Mark McNeill. So that pick could come true.

And wow its great to see my Avs that high on the list!

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
As a Sens fan, I would be estatic with RNH and Jensen.

The rest looks pretty good IMO as well, except that I think the Isles take Landeskog over Couturier.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

The rest looks pretty good IMO as well, except that I think the Isles take Landeskog over Couturier.

No way. They took a similar-type of player in Nino last year. They take a big center over Landeskog for sure.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Having seen him play, I would be unbelievably excited if the 'Nucks actually got Jaskin. I agree that Hamilton will go higher (IMO) but other than that it could very well turn out this way, pretty good job picking strengths/weaknesses (and BPA) for all the teams.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I really can't see Boston picking another forward, especially a center over a player they deprestely need in Murphy.

And if Oleksiak is on the board and Dallas doesn't take him I'l lose faith in Dallas's scouting and drafting for the first round.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I can see the Devils picking Landeskog at that spot as he would be the BPA but we don't really need wingers but it's ok BPA over need.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Pretty good list. I just have a few opinions:

- Florida is likely to pick a forward (99% sure of it!). We are stacked on defence (Kulikov, Gudbransson, Ellerby, Robak, Comrier, Petrovic).
- Victor Rask is way too high. He is probably a late first, early second round pick.
- Rattie is producing well, but I don't think he's gonna go that high.
- Jaskins sould be higher, and Beaulieu is too low.

But a very solid list non the less.

Oroku Saki*

No Namestikov? I think the Caps would take him instead of Khokalchev,

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
I really can't see Boston picking another forward, especially a center over a player they deprestely need in Murphy.

And if Oleksiak is on the board and Dallas doesn't take him I'l lose faith in Dallas's scouting and drafting for the first round.
aha on the Olesiak bandwagon too? I don't think he will be around and if he is I don't have faith in dallas' first round scouting to pick him.

Isles Drive 4 5

May 22, 2008

as a Isles fan I would rather trade down than take SC

it's larssons, then RNH then maybe Murphy is our top 3 IMO

don't need SC..we got K.O and Nino..we need a player with speed not slow and big solid forward

Side note-Ottawa's is pissing me off...they are a way better team than what they are playing..they don't deserve to have the second pick.....i hope the lottery drops them back to third

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Having seen him play, I would be unbelievably excited if the 'Nucks actually got Jaskin. I agree that Hamilton will go higher (IMO) but other than that it could very well turn out this way, pretty good job picking strengths/weaknesses (and BPA) for all the teams.

Thanks! :)

arsmaster*

But getting Huberdeau at 5 and gaining Beaulieu wouldnt be that big of a drop off in terms of a puckmoving d-man, and he is 6'3".

I would love Musil to the Rangers. Any type of puck mover is fine by me.

Musil to the Rangers works, but I disagree with SEPH's PP QB scouting report....he may play on a 2nd unit someday, but he more of a top PKer...more of a Marc Staal than a Del Zotto, if you know what I mean.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pretty good list. I just have a few opinions:

- Florida is likely to pick a forward (99% sure of it!). We are stacked on defence (Kulikov, Gudbransson, Ellerby, Robak, Comrier, Petrovic).
- Victor Rask is way too high. He is probably a late first, early second round pick.
- Rattie is producing well, but I don't think he's gonna go that high.
- Jaskins sould be higher, and Beaulieu is too low.

But a very solid list non the less.

You're a Panthers fan so I take your opinion seriously, but I think Murphy would be too tempting to pass up. Don't mistake the teams with Fowler last year! :naughty:

Even though Rask has kind of fell this year I still consider him a very good prospect.

I've always had Rattie around 12-16, so I like where I have him.

Jaskin can be a surprise and be taken pretty high, so I kind of agree with you there. Beaulieu can go higher, but who would he knock off?

For Hamilton I considered the needs for teams, but not underestimating BPA. And I just see a lot of teams taking forwards. Hamilton will probably go higher, but I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped out of the top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad