Seph's 2011 mock draft

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
I liked the list till Rask at 11.

Rask is under 0.3 ppg and he is not even playing in Elitserien. Swedish posters think that Zibanejad is better prospect than Rask... Rask really should be late first/early second.

I rank also Salomäki over Rask.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really like Rask. Even though he has had consistency issues no one can not denied his talent. I could see a team definitely go after Rask high. Somewhere around 9-14. If he doesn't go their he's going late 1st as you said.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
But getting Huberdeau at 5 and gaining Beaulieu wouldnt be that big of a drop off in terms of a puckmoving d-man, and he is 6'3".

There is a huge dropoff in offensive ability between between Beaulieu and Murphy. Not even hometown bias, there seriously is. Even defensively Murphy is probably a step above. Murphy has the talent to play in the NHL next year, just needs a year or two to grow and fill out.

Beaulieu? Not so much.

Last edited:

Defensive Forward

Aug 5, 2010
Ontario
Good list overall. I agree with leaving Namestnikov off, even though many people probably wouldn't.

Where is Boone Jenner though? I've heard that he hasn't had a great year, but whenever I've had a chance to see him he has looked great and has been playing on the penalty kill. I have to think that someone will see his potential and draft him late first round.

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
Pretty good list, the only change I would make is that Boston will take Murphy with Torontos pick. If they are at 5th overall they'll take Murphy, they need a puck mover. Also LOVE the Catenacci pick this kid is one of my favourite prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad